Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

still 17 days to go till free agency period opens (4/10)
that's enough time for him to pack his bags, for if he ends up sighning back up with us.. we as a club have made a huge mistake

The bloke is 26 and has been an effective part of 3 Premiership teams. He cannot be that bad.

im being a bit of a party pooper on Jack grahams pelim heroics but he done his shoulder cause he missed a standard easy tackle on 80kilo tom atkins.
And it was 5 years ago. Has he played 5 decent games since?

If we sign him on the money we have been apparently offering him
family guy vomit GIF

Would've signed by now if he was staying IMO. As long as the new Weagles coach isn't a tosser he'll go there.
Mini would be perfect for us. He loved Graham.

Lets hope he gets the gig. ex RFC coach + a few ex RFC players = great fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably still waiting to see who gets appointed as west coasts coach.

Funny how apart from Dan we only know the others want to go west
For a 4 year deal he could play under me and would still move.

(I took the U14's to a spoon in my only year of coaching, cheated by the ump's in the last game of the season, 50m penalty after the siren to get beaten by the side who were level with us. Tragedy.)

Lets bring KB out of retirement for his efforts in the 1980 Final Series. Sick of stupid past achievements as a logic to keep a player. ESPECIALLY if they've done SFA for 4 seasons. The only way to get to the top is to improve your list with players that can play to the pace and tempo of the modern game as well as have the fit body for it. JGTI has been passed his best for too long now and is an expensive list clogger taking us nowhere. If you stand still you die and that's why we finished miserably as we've stood still for 4 seasons now .

We want to keep a solid core of experienced players, especially those that can mentor our 1/2 million draftees. That is what Graham offers now.

if he goes, OK. But I see why we would keep him. History shows that in general throwing the kids to the wolves just makes them go backwards. Protecting them and bringing them on in a good atmosphere accelerates their development.

Not all that difficult to understand I would have thought. .... Oh yeh, BigFooty.

We want to keep a solid core of experienced players, especially those that can mentor our 1/2 million draftees. That is what Graham offers now.

if he goes, OK. But I see why we would keep him. History shows that in general throwing the kids to the wolves just makes them go backwards. Protecting them and bringing them on in a good atmosphere accelerates their development.

Not all that difficult to understand I would have thought. .... Oh yeh, BigFooty.
By all means keep him for one year, but 4 is nonsensical. He will not be best 22 next season with a full list, much less the year after with a swag of good kids coming on.

Injury free, right now he sits behind Prestia, Hopper, Taranto, Vlastuin, Balta, Lynch, Broad, Gibcus, Nankervis (9).

In our need to develop players for the future and positions we need to fill the most, you would not have him over Ross, Hugo, Browne, Miller, MacAuliffe, Mansell, Trezise, Campbell. (8).

Bauer, Gray, Green, Smith, Banks, MRJ all should be given a good look this year. He sits behind Short and in front of MacIntosh as senior players on the edge, barely best 22 as far as talent and need to play kids in front of him. That is not even mentioning our 6 odd top 20 kids from the draft.

The kids will not be thrown to the wolves, we have plenty of experience right now. If we cop injuries again, that may happen.but do you give a player a 4 year contract because of that.

If the 4 years is nonsense and it is 2 I could live with that.

By all means keep him for one year, but 4 is nonsensical. He will not be best 22 next season with a full list, much less the year after with a swag of good kids coming on.

Injury free, right now he sits behind Prestia, Hopper, Taranto, Vlastuin, Balta, Lynch, Broad, Gibcus, Nankervis (9).

In our need to develop players for the future and positions we need to fill the most, you would not have him over Ross, Hugo, Browne, Miller, MacAuliffe, Mansell, Trezise, Campbell. (8).

Bauer, Gray, Green, Smith, Banks, MRJ all should be given a good look this year. He sits behind Short and in front of MacIntosh as senior players on the edge, barely best 22 as far as talent and need to play kids in front of him. That is not even mentioning our 6 odd top 20 kids from the draft.

The kids will not be thrown to the wolves, we have plenty of experience right now. If we cop injuries again, that may happen.but do you give a player a 4 year contract because of that.

If the 4 years is nonsense and it is 2 I could live with that.

I'm not disagreeing with you. 4 seems nuts.

But I was responding to people saying he is as useless as GWS with a five goal lead.

Anyway, Graham fills a few roles, and adds to the 'leadership'. If we get a good pick back for him then all good. But he is a useful depth player, who has a great workrate and attitude. He is not a star who will turn us around. If we keep him it is just to help the kids - who will make the difference

I'm not disagreeing with you. 4 seems nuts.

But I was responding to people saying he is as useless as GWS with a five goal lead.

Anyway, Graham fills a few roles, and adds to the 'leadership'. If we get a good pick back for him then all good. But he is a useful depth player, who has a great workrate and attitude. He is not a star who will turn us around. If we keep him it is just to help the kids - who will make the difference
the problem is RFC selectors are incapable of having "senior" players in the VFL.
So, on form, if Graham & Kmac stay they play 1sts. Only way out for us frustrated fans is a trade. Thanks WCE

Tom Hawkins is in their VFL team .. coming back from injury/finding form.

the problem is RFC selectors are incapable of having "senior" players in the VFL.
So, on form, if Graham & Kmac stay they play 1sts. Only way out for us frustrated fans is a trade. Thanks WCE

Tom Hawkins is in their VFL team .. coming back from injury/finding form.
I wonder whether that sort of thing will change as we got the full rebuild.

The coaching set up was obviously "problematic" last year. By the end, after Teague left (got the chop), we almost seemed to stop withe the whole coaching thing.

Anyway, if we are not trying to win, but tryin to learn and develop, I suspect that Ooze will look at selection differently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back