Player Watch #34: Jack Graham

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 pressure acts (the most) from79 minutes on the field (the least).

Once fully fit, this guy is going to be bloody good.

He's 19!
:D
i4r7F3c.gif

Still impressed with the way he sneaks around the contest looking for the ball and I believe he's our future Mitchell /Lewis combo.
As soon as the ball doesn't come to him he's ready to put the opposition to the ground. I can see him being our wildcard for the finals as he will take a lot of pressure away from Cotchin. Just wish he had a few more games behind him.
Townsend and Graham were what we needed last week against those big bodied pussies.

Last edited:
Solid debut but let's not count our chickens. Today's game wasn't much of a baseline and honestly the kid looks slow upon first impression.

I hope he adjusts to the speed of the game

Solid debut but let's not count our chickens. Today's game wasn't much of a baseline and honestly the kid looks slow upon first impression.

I hope he adjusts to the speed of the game

funny thing is he didnt look slow, at all

There were a lot of times where one of our players made a tackle he was quickly the 2nd player in to make sure the freo player went to ground.

Very good debut.
this i noticed as well. he will play the rest of the year as that big bodied mid. the role Miles played. But graham has a bit more upside and his ball use was amazing.

back him to the hilt for rising star next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you say the same thing about Oleg Markov after his impressive debut v the Bulldogs last season?
We love a small sample size at Tigerland.
But well done to Jack, was rapt when we drafted him and couldn't wait for him to debut.
If that is what he said, I think it holds up.
Graham might not keep his place, like Markov and a lot of young players who come and go in the early stages of their careers, but they both looked good after solid VFL seasons. Menadue is building, as is Ellis to an extent.
p.s. Graham got better as the game went. Sure the pace was gone but his willingness to go and go again was a great sign. If he's underdone, what about when he's fit proper.m

Last edited:
funny thing is he didnt look slow, at all

Nor were his footskills poor :)

He hit 2 perfect lace out passes today including a 45m pass to the wing to a player on the run away from him.

He was so composed with ball in hand and hard at it. This kid is ticking all the boxes.

Pretty sure his stats went through the roof in his 2nd VFL game, I wouldnt be suprised to see the same at AFL level. The kid belongs.

If that is what he said, I think it holds up.
Graham might not keep his place, like Markov and a lot of young players who come and go in the early stages of their careers, but they both looked good after solid VFL seasons. Menadue is building, as is Ellis to an extent.
p.s. Graham got better as the game went. Sure the pace was gone but his willingness to go and go again was a great sign. If he's underdone, what about when he's fit proper.m

Graham will be better than all three of Markov, Menadue and Ellis and by a ways.
But still it's only one game. Like all of them I want to see the kid back it up.
He's what we need.

I love this kid. He is going to be a massive steal.

What really impressed me was his footy IQ and smarts. I watch him a little to see if I could see something worthwhile there apart from the usual effort stuff. Tackles and follow up good but what I really liked was the low hard fast kick into the forward line late that one of our forwards dropped but should not have as it hit him on the chest like a bullet and the right foot kick from the left boundary to the leading forward from the outside of the foot. I think he shows enough composure and quality to suggest he could be a really top notch footy player.

With some fitness put into him he could be our number one rover in a few years. I think he showed enough to suggest the Larke Medal was no fluke and there is some real class there apart from just the tough gutsy stuff. I would play him again for sure!! Showed a lot of heart to and I think his inclusion helps the team to bubble along and grow and develop

Last edited:
With some fitness out into him he could be our number one rover in a few years. I think he showed enough to suggest the Large Medal was no fluke and there is some real class there apart from just the tough gutsy stuff. I would play him again for sure!! Showed a lot of heart to and I think his inclusion helps the team to bubble along and grow and develop

He must have strong neck muscles to wear such a large medal. I think you mean the Larke Medal. The last Tiger to win that was Kayne Pettifer. Hopefully Graham turns out a little better.

He must have strong neck muscles to wear such a large medal. I think you mean the Larke Medal. The last Tiger to win that was Kayne Pettifer. Hopefully Graham turns out a little better.

Thanks for the correction, I wrote Larke but the stupid auto-correction turned it into Large but I have since corrected again

upload_2017-8-21_13-25-20.png
upload_2017-8-21_13-26-1.png
upload_2017-8-21_13-27-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-21_13-24-32.png
    upload_2017-8-21_13-24-32.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 6
  • upload_2017-8-21_13-26-53.png
    upload_2017-8-21_13-26-53.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 6
Actually surprised Ainsworth hadn't gotten a nomination before now. He's been good all year if it's who I think it is.

Kid from Gold Coast right?
Massive Tiger fan, who was hoping we would pick him with our pick that we traded to GCS. Probably be willing to move home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back