Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

**** off put your proof up that he had any influence or seriously shut the **** up this crap is ****ing bollocks.
Must be cute living in such a naive world where you don’t think Archer still had influence. Didn’t he appoint the coach? Play with Rawlings?

Reality is there was no chance Archer was getting drafted by anyone else. Every bit of evidence in his first season confirms he is a long, long way off.
Keep the blind faith though Ferball. It’s admirable how commited you are to the cult of this shit administrator.

Question for the vfl watchers. How has his direct opponent gone vs him in terms of goals obvs he hasn't set the world on fire possession wise but first job as a defender is stopping his man.

His numbers aren’t great but he’s very hard to play on for a kid his size.

Question for the vfl watchers. How has his direct opponent gone vs him in terms of goals obvs he hasn't set the world on fire possession wise but first job as a defender is stopping his man.
Went and watched him live and he clunked a mark floating across a pack just like his old man. He is super aggressive at the ball, and has gone okay from the games I have seen competing one on one. He is a stopper, doesn't really make play.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Went and watched him live and he clunked a mark floating across a pack just like his old man. He is super aggressive at the ball, and has gone okay from the games I have seen competing one on one. He is a stopper, doesn't really make play.

On SM-A528B using BigFooty.com mobile app
This is my impression of him aswell. Fact is a defenders job is to defend first attack 2nd. If a defender keeps their man ineffective then they have done their job

Must be cute living in such a naive world where you don’t think Archer still had influence. Didn’t he appoint the coach? Play with Rawlings?

Reality is there was no chance Archer was getting drafted by anyone else. Every bit of evidence in his first season confirms he is a long, long way off.
Keep the blind faith though Ferball. It’s admirable how commited you are to the cult of this shit administrator.
**** you're a miserable campaigner.

His numbers aren’t great but he’s very hard to play on for a kid his size.
This is my main take away.

He seems like a little kid.

I have watched him play a few games (but not live,) and he is tiny - he looks like a kid playing against adults. He punches well above his weight and occasionally shows some real class tho.

Not sure, I think unrelated.

Just to be clear I'm not implying anything or jumping on the scuttlebutt. Not accusing anyone of not acting with integrity - just pointing out that it needs to be considered and is more of an issue with clubs, emotion and names.

Absolutely agree. To be clear though it doesn't have to be Glenn leaning on the club for them to make a pressured decision (not saying they did either, just a hypothetical).
They may have felt pressure to do it coming from the fact we're a footy club (not a franchise) and we have an obligation to give a kid like Archer Jr (or Crocker or LMac or Cooper Harvey) a go because he's shown enough at junior level.

His competitiveness is elite. Most people don't rate that as a thing on this board tho.

He was their boss so he left before they drafted him. That's what he is sposed to do. You've got rocks in your head if you think we wouldn't have drafted Arch Jr. whether his dad was involved in the club or not. He plays like his dad. Whether he has the skill and size to make it is another issue but he deserves a shot cos he goes ****en hard at the ball.

Harder than you would you big sook.

As for Noble - he has till the end of next year to have this side looking like they can play finals afaic. Till then i'm not gonna cry like a baby about what he is obviously trying to do on and off field.

BTW I normally have you on ignore and its only cos I accidentally clicked on the "show ignored content" button that I saw that comment. You can respond to my comments if you want but until you stop being such an insufferable, whiny child I'm not listening. I swear you used to be a half decent commentor too. So I dunno maybe some bad shit happened or something. Either way not listening till you grow up.

Cheers.

Go North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was their boss so he left before they drafted him. That's what he is sposed to do. You've got rocks in your head if you think we wouldn't have drafted Arch Jr. whether his dad was involved in the club or not. He plays like his dad. Whether he has the skill and size to make it is another issue but he deserves a shot cos he goes ducken hard at the ball.

Harder than you would you big sook.

As for Noble - he has till the end of next year to have this side looking like they can play finals afaic. Till then i'm not gonna cry like a baby about what he is obviously trying to do on and off field.

BTW I normally have you on ignore and its only cos I accidentally clicked on the "show ignored content" button that I saw that comment. You can respond to my comments if you want but until you stop being such an insufferable, whiny child I'm not listening. I swear you used to be a half decent commentor too. So I dunno maybe some bad shit happened or something. Either way not listening till you grow up.

Cheers.

Go North.
Noble until the end of next year? What has he done that commands a contract extension?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

******* shocker of a previous page folks, well done.

We gave a late pick to a member of the North family who might not make it.

Far out, imagine if he makes it. What a great NMFC story. And if he doesn't? Shit he'd be like 90% of kids who get drafted there. It's Archer FFS. Of course we give him a chance.
also, he's already been an emergency a couple of times this year? it's clear that he's not a million miles away. and besides, you can afford to carry a low possession defensive player if they're shutting down the oppo's most dangerous small forward

people act as if he's a genuine charity case. he's clearly closer to getting a game than a lot of kids picked before him in last year's draft. it's a bizarre ****ing attitude tbh

Wasn't he drafted because he was best mates with Lachie Hansen? They were taken in the same year? I could be completely wrong though

That's Ben Warren who was taken same year as Lachie.

Max Warren was taken in 2011 from the Eastern Ranges.

Lachie, FWIW, came from the Gippsland Power while Warren's from Queensland, the same state as Gavin Urquhart.

Never thought he'd play. Mark this one down to experience Redder's.

It's like last night when, erroneously, Toby Conway was shown on the AFL website as being in Geelong's half back line even though he played a magoos game earlier.

There were some moments in the first quarter of the game I enjoyed, but a highlight of the day was seeing the final team announcement and remembering how much time and energy some people wasted in this thread.

Apparently we couldn't squeeze this guy in. I mean it would have been a gift, but I'd rather 3 possessions and 3 turnovers from this bloke than Turner

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back