Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - re-signed until end of 2026 (afl.com.au)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dare I say, get his contract extension sorted?
Already done until 2026 according to the gettable article I just read on the afl app.

Probably got the bloke mixed up with Brayden lol.

A little shabby that this has gone up on the AFL website before it’s gone up on our own.
Disappointing that we haven't posted it yet if it is signed on the dotted line yet.

I imagine this is a mistake unless the club fairly quickly says otherwise. We haven't posted anything despite an extended amount of time since, and the year is the same as Brayden's... In saying that, get on it NMFC!

Great news if true!
But wonder if the club may have been waiting for Jacko to get a rising star nom, before announcing. But it's leaked out

We've had some highlights and positives this year in player terms. LDU's committing to the club. Comben's rise and rise as a backman to be even better than BMac. Wardlaw's play just about every week. Same for Sheezel. Xerri's emergence as a quality ruckman. There's quite a few others too (Curtis, Ford, Teakle, even Taylor).

But I think Jacko Archer's growth and form as the lockdown backman we have been crying out for for YEARS is probably the best aspect of this season so far in individual player terms. He seems to get better almost every week now. Truly believes in himself. Desperate at the contest. Marks the footy wehn we need him to. Disposes of it very well. Such a pleasant surprise and gives us hope along with everything else that is building at our club.

We've had some highlights and positives this year in player terms. LDU's committing to the club. Comben's rise and rise as a backman to be even better than BMac. Wardlaw's play just about every week. Same for Sheezel. Xerri's emergence as a quality ruckman. There's quite a few others too (Curtis, Ford, Teakle, even Taylor).

But I think Jacko Archer's growth and form as the lockdown backman we have been crying out for for YEARS is probably the best aspect of this season so far in individual player terms. He seems to get better almost every week now. Truly believes in himself. Desperate at the contest. Marks the footy wehn we need him to. Disposes of it very well. Such a pleasant surprise and gives us hope along with everything else that is building at our club.

Has become the player we have needed in that role, the player we hoped that guys like Kyron Hayden would have become.

YOUNG ROO RECOMMITS

NORTH Melbourne has rewarded young defender Jackson Archer with a new two-year deal.

The 21-year-old is now locked in at Arden Street until the end of 2026.

After playing eight games across his first two seasons at the Kangaroos, Archer has played the past seven games for Alastair Clarkson and been handed some key roles this winter.

The son of 'Shinboner of the Century' Glenn, who played 311 games for North, quelled Melbourne star Bayley Fritsch a fortnight ago and was locked in an enthralling battle with Cody Weightman on the weekend.

While North Melbourne's midfield is stacked with young talent, the defence has been light on, with Archer a shining light amid a season where the club has won only one game.

North Melbourne has taken care of most of its list management business this year, but are still yet to re-sign free agent Cam Zurhaar and Bailey Scott.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back