Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - re-signed until end of 2026 (afl.com.au)

Remove this Banner Ad

He had always been a beautiful mark of the ball.

I’d say so. I still think those 183-188cm lead up forwards are his best bet. Don’t think he has the agility to go with the real zippy & slippery small forwards like Charlie Cameron & Bobby Hill
Bobby hill had 10 disposals and kicked 5.0 from 5 marks, 2 of which were pack marks. He played like a lead up forward and seemed to always have a paddock to work in. He had a day out and nobody in our team would have faired better than Arch. He is still the right match up going forward, just needed more heat from his teammates up field… and 30-50 games more experience won’t hurt either.

He's 187cm, reckon with his tenacity and closing speed we could risk him on taller opponents as well.

His old man had the ability to play on resting ruckman and small forwards and terrorize them equally.
Matthew Richardson would still have nightmares about Arch beating him up lol.

What a game this boy had. Had real tenacity. Long career ahead

We've had Dugdales, Dwyers, Crockers, Pagans, McDonalds....probably missed some. They could play,
but they were not Ablett's, Hawkins, Scarlett's, Daicos's, Moore's, Ashcroft's...........

We're due some luck with f/sons.

We've had Dugdales, Dwyers, Crockers, Pagans, McDonalds....probably missed some. They could play,
but they were not Ablett's, Hawkins, Scarlett's, Daicos's, Moore's, Ashcroft's...........

It's more like the ones we didn't land really, Blakey, Kelly, a couple of Brayshaw's, even Spargo

Ryan Pagan

Now there’s a can of worms

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad reacts only. No real surprise, back pockets don't get the plaudits.
Jacko might yet win a Norm Smith. His dad won his because of his courage and intent not his skill (tho he had skill. don't get me wrong.) Jacko has the same qualities.

Morris has been pretty good for a few weeks.

Morris 2 goals and an assist from 9 touches in a shellacking gets the nomination? What a rort

It's clear that the weekly nomination is not always the best eligible player of the round, but often due to a reasonable run of form that justifies a nomination.

I think it's a reasonable approach - you can only win if nominated, and they need to ensure all players with a chance of winning are nominated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back