AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey - Delisted - 23/10

Remove this Banner Ad

To think we were so excited by Alwyn Snr getting to 100 games.

Considering we have the worst small forwards of any team in the last 25 years he must have been terrible.

Well why wouldn’t you trust the club? They see the guy’s work ethic. They know his ability. The know his medical records. If anyone had a better understanding of a player would it not be the club as opposed to that of a BigFooty posters opinion?

Because they have a long track record of incompetent list management. Including this most recent administration in the last 12 months literally giving away an AA player for basically nothing, Then losing a good leader and AFL standard SF (Narkle ) to port to when The team desperately needed one. Then one of the best assistant coaches in the league left to go to a better run team.

Does my opinion matter? Do I have more information than the people making these decisions? No.

Does having the most information always lead to good decisions? Not always and until the club establishes themselves as an organisation worth trusting I think skepticism is the only reasonable position to take.

Because they have a long track record of incompetent list management. Including this most recent administration in the last 12 months literally giving away an AA player for basically nothing, Then losing a good leader and AFL standard SF (Narkle ) to port to when The team desperately needed one. Then one of the best assistant coaches in the league left to go to a better run team.

Does my opinion matter? Do I have more information than the people making these decisions? No.

Does having the most information always lead to good decisions? Not always and until the club establishes themselves as an organisation worth trusting I think skepticism is the only reasonable position to take.
I am so proud of the club.
They finally have shown a pair.
Jayden is by all reports a nice kid but he is out of shape and unprofessional in his preparation.
He was a fat kid with some ability who got at the end of some plays but a million miles off it.
He will either wake up and grasp how hard he has to work or he won’t.
Oskar Smart was clearly a better player.
I remember watching the two at Preston and leaving the game thinking there is no way jayden should be on an AFL list.
Our club in the past would have tolerated this.
No more.
Fair play!

Why do you trust the club?
We’re only 12 months removed from them giving away an AA wing because he had “attitude issues” and they wanted to keep him locked in the VFL because of it.

Now another high talent guy gets let go for a similar reason. (Because it’s not talent) Just a wierd choice
How do you know he has AFL talent?

Obviously not saying he has the talent of Tippa, but what would people have been saying about Tippas fitness at 20 yo?
I get that he hasnt shown a lot of positive signs to date but what was the long term plan with a kid coming from so far behind with 2 ACLs and missing the first year of footy at the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously not saying he has the talent of Tippa, but what would people have been saying about Tippas fitness at 20 yo?
I get that he hasnt shown a lot of positive signs to date but what was the long term plan with a kid coming from so far behind with 2 ACLs and missing the first year of footy at the club?
Insane comparison. This is a kid who’s been groomed for a spot probably before he turned 10. I reckon they know by now.

when's that ever happened?
Jake Long, Jay Neagle. Darcy Daniher was on the list 4 years too.

Anthony Long should never have been taken that high in the draft either

Walla worked his arse off to even get on the list. Jayden just coasted onto it.

No comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey - Delisted - 23/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back