AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey - Delisted - 23/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I will cop it for this

Difference is menzie had a good year in 2023 and is someone who cracks in hard and trains hard from reports
Had a bad 2024 year but he did atleast show something last year which is why i believe they were willing to give him another year
I don’t think that’s a bad take. I’d add that we don’t have a plethora of senior small forwards, so he’s handy depth.

I thought D'Ambrosio said it had more to do with opportunity. Mitchell made it clear he wanted to put him first cab off the rank in a senior wing or halfback role.
His last interview said it was about security as well. Hawks sold him the vision and longer contract. We sat back thinking he would just sign. Maybe if we played him more then yes he stays but going on the last interview he probably would have if it was two years from the beginning. And it was not half back they sold him on. He did not really want to play half back. He played 80% wing and 20% half forward.

Last edited:
His last interview said it was about security as well. Hawks sold him the vision and longer contract. We sat back thinking he would just sign. Maybe if we played him more then yes he stays but going on the last interview he probably would have if it was two years from the beginning. And it was not half back they sold him on. He did not really want to play half back. He played 80% wing and 20% half forward.

It was going to be hard for Dodoros team to offer a multiple year contract to a player that's playing reserves.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #36: Jayden Davey - Delisted - 23/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back