Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – stacking up with the best after 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure id class him as having great skills but he can do the freakish stuff in tight spaces that the guys I mentioned cant. Jurrah is a good comp, same as Farmer, hes kind of a mix between both of them.
Yeah I'd agree here, wouldn't put him in the freakish skills category, he's not a top 5 mark or kick in the team. What he does have is that freakish ability to do the unexpected with the footy that no one else in the team can. He's not bad skilled by any means at all he's very talented but not great. That ability to be about to be tackled and then in a split second be clear and goaling is inate and can't be taught. Bernie for example had none of that but obviously practiced and worked hard at his kicking

Which is your fav? I think most will say the Saints goal out of traffic or the Carlton game winner and they were great but I love that one vs GWS in Canberra. The one where Ziebell looks like hes in an ice rink trying to keep up cracks me up too.

Which is your fav? I think most will say the Saints goal out of traffic or the Carlton game winner and they were great but I love that one vs GWS in Canberra. The one where Ziebell looks like hes in an ice rink trying to keep up cracks me up too.
The one against Brissy when he beats 2 guys was filthy. The composure and balance was unreal. If some of these were bets people would be froffing way harder

The GWS one was ridiculous. He reminds me of Cyril and GAJ in his ability to always keep his feet and bounce around, he is almost impossible to tackle when he is playing like that.

One of the best bits of skill he's ever done just happened on the weekend, the one where he's attacking it from CHF, taps it infront, collects it on the spin and one hands it down onto the middle of his boot in the wet which Melk slides onto. The skill is ridiculous for a wet weather game

2:21 in this video

Skill from Melk onto windsor was unreal aswell

One of the best bits of skill he's ever done just happened on the weekend, the one where he's attacking it from CHF, taps it infront, collects it on the spin and one hands it down onto the middle of his boot in the wet which Melk slides onto. The skill is ridiculous for a wet weather game

2:21 in this video

Skill from Melk onto windsor was unreal aswell

Not my bet but cost my mate $1750 Melk handballing that off to Langdon instead of kicking it himself. 😂 Had $50 on this at 35-1

Screenshot_2024-07-16-22-30-05-30_0ce57feeccaa51fb7deed04b4dbda235.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's fair enough too Melky owes him a slab atleast
Melky- " how about I take ya out for some French food 🥊
Send Melk your BSB and account number and demand payment of $1750 by the end of the week. The old you cost me my footy bet invoice.

So many, great video. Blues matchwinner purely for the moment. The three where he starts the play on the wing and finishes it, reminds me of the Wiz at Waverly. All of the Alice goals against Port, literally could have had all three goal of the week noms that week. The Lions one from this year, just freakish. Favourite might be the Dockers dribbler that bounces over Young's head, so good.

The one against North in Tassie where he starts hemmed in on the boundary line passes it and gets it back three times and finishes was like a salute to Wiz's goal at Waverley Park in 98

Mighty Demons puts the club to shame

That's an absurdly good goals reel for a first 100 games. My favourites are still the Saints one (was a finalist for GOTY IIRC), the Blues game-winner, the one where he makes Ziebell look ridiculous, all of the Port ones from Alice (he was nuts that day), and also one of the Brisbane ones from the Gabba as I always thought Brayshaw's 'disco candy' line was unintentionally very humorous.

Crazy how much his build has changed over the past few years. Even better that he hasn't lost any pace/evasiveness as a result.

That's an absurdly good goals reel for a first 100 games. My favourites are still the Saints one (was a finalist for GOTY IIRC), the Blues game-winner, the one where he makes Ziebell look ridiculous, all of the Port ones from Alice (he was nuts that day), and also one of the Brisbane ones from the Gabba as I always thought Brayshaw's 'disco candy' line was unintentionally very humorous.

Crazy how much his build has changed over the past few years. Even better that he hasn't lost any pace/evasiveness as a result.
I forgot about the goal against Brisbane in the qualifying final at the G we lost at 8:03. The balance to do that haha 😂 blocked that out cause of the game result. He does draw ya eyeballs to the screen

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – stacking up with the best after 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back