Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – stacking up with the best after 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Need this bloke to step up next few weeks. He's our only X Factor player and I reckon he's a firestarter to our form as well. Freo and Blues are games I'd expect him to play well in.

I dont get how the coaches don’t see his round 1 game where he had significant CBAs and don’t continue that trend. This is literally the best time to do it now Chandler is playing well.
I agree re CBA, although Chandler has been invisible the last three weeks. This would be a good week to bring Laurie in to rotate between midfield and forward with Pickett.

I agree re CBA, although Chandler has been invisible the last three weeks. This would be a good week to bring Laurie in to rotate between midfield and forward with Pickett.
Chandler playing a tough part of the ground to consistently be up, but three weeks running is a concern to be invisible. Definitely need more from our small forward brigade or ANB, Chandler, Spargo and Kozzy. These guys need to ramp up the pressure. We can't take a mark inside our F50, so we need these blokes to keep the ball locked in or at least put pressure on the blokes kicking the ball out of our defensive half.

I dont get how the coaches don’t see his round 1 game where he had significant CBAs and don’t continue that trend. This is literally the best time to do it now Chandler is playing well.
Probably because you have guys like Oliver and Viney who have to be at everyone they are on the ground for which leaves little rotation for others. If Trac does 50% there's only a handful left to give out and that includes Sparrow, Jordan, Koz etc.

Man'd up at centre bounces doesnt equal tagged mate
So is he tagged or scragged? Or partially tagged but mostly scragged?

Perhaps it's just all scrag and no tag.

He can sprint the full length of the ground to apply pressure or get on the end of a chain and we all know he can turn on a dime, but he’s not doing that. Dunno if it’s just work rate or he hasn’t adjusted well to the bigger body.

Should be dropped this week, and I blame Goody as much as Koz for that. Not doing anything to remedy his form, particularly when it would have benefited our midfield is bizarre.

Should be dropped this week, and I blame Goody as much as Koz for that. Not doing anything to remedy his form, particularly when it would have benefited our midfield is bizarre.

Not according to the ever-insightful AFL.com.au match report :$

Screenshot_20230709_000138_AFL.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is worse than Gus mate, Fatty can find the ball still, Pickett can't even get his hands on it and when he does he's not doing much with it either.
Pickett's young though, Gus is 28 and been shit most of his career Pickett's just out of form

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #36: Kozzy Pickett – stacking up with the best after 100 games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back