Delisted #36: Michael Hartley - Joins Hawthorne via the preseason draft - 29/11

Remove this Banner Ad

He's struggled since playing on Franklin. Gwilt has the experience and should be playing the zonal role. Hartley is not handling it particularly well and would be likely to be playing man on man in a team with Hurley and Hooker (to free one of them up).

Reckon that he took a problem into the game. He was well off the pace all night.
I do agree with this however if next year with H&H back he will probably be playing this zonal 3rd tall its a good time for him to get some experience in that role... when this year means nothing. Hes already proven he can shut down key forwards if needed

I do agree with this however if next year with H&H back he will probably be playing this zonal 3rd tall its a good time for him to get some experience in that role... when this year means nothing. Hes already proven he can shut down key forwards if needed
Hooker will play that role.

I know you're still new here so you're probably not across the clubs injury updates. The rule of thumb is multiply the out by 2.6 on average so if he's back in 5 we've done well
See I've been testing that theory. It doesn't work. Please see spreadsheet posted elsewhere.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2016-05-31/small-delay

Defender Michael Hartley will spend a short time on the sideline as he recovers from a hamstring injury.

Hartley suffered the injury during the third quarter of last Saturday’s game against the Tigers.

The news isn’t all bad, however, with High Performance Manager Justin Crow revealing that the tear is at the lower end of the scale – meaning that Hartley will not be missing for too long.

“It’s a lower end, minor hamstring, so he’ll miss 2-3 weeks,” said Crow

“If it is three weeks, because of the bye round, that’ll make it four, but he’ll be pushing really hard to play against Greater Western Sydney.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had at least a dozen spoils today and some of the distance he was getting was so fletcher like.
Forget that he is so young will be such an important part of our spine for the next decade.
Only thing he needs to work on would be strength in a one on one as gets out muscled in most of his lost contests. But that will come what a pick up!

Destroyed Bruce for the 80% of the game he was on him.

Thought that he looked much better playing as the last man too though at this stage he does not have the legs to play on someone like Membrey who is a powerful runner (though I will say that the free kick in the last was a disgrace). His first half on Franklin suggests that he does have the required run and that it will be a matter of another pre-season or two.

Kicked some bullets and took some strong marks which show the potential he has as a counter attacking option.

If he is not already penciled in for round 1 2017 Worsfold needs to have his head read.

Edit: has been credited with 20 1%ers on the AFL website. Suggests that he effected 15 or more spoils.

Destroyed Bruce for the 80% of the game he was on him.

Thought that he looked much better playing as the last man too though at this stage he does not have the legs to play on someone like Membrey who is a powerful runner (though I will say that the free kick in the last was a disgrace). His first half on Franklin suggests that he does have the required run and that it will be a matter of another pre-season or two.

Kicked some bullets and took some strong marks which show the potential he has as a counter attacking option.

If he is not already penciled in for round 1 2017 Worsfold needs to have his head read.

Edit: has been credited with 20 1%ers on the AFL website. Suggests that he effected 15 or more spoils.

And 14 1%ers last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #36: Michael Hartley - Joins Hawthorne via the preseason draft - 29/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back