Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

It was 2019 I believe so yes.
I don't think that's right. Earlier in this thread Mutineer mentioned he broke it in his last game for the Panthers and Draft Central also mentioned that "his season was cut short when he sustained a broken arm". (I have seen it mentioned that he's broken an arm twice though.) Obviously it looks ok. Just wondering whether he's in full training.

As i was the first to call for daw to become a key defender, i am calling this dude will be AA as a small defender.

As a small forward, he is too inconsistent hence put him in defense, let him run and attack.

#first2call

Hasn’t played a game for the club as a forward yet your already calling for him to be played as a defender.🤔🤦‍♂️

I don't think that's right. Earlier in this thread Mutineer mentioned he broke it in his last game for the Panthers and Draft Central also mentioned that "his season was cut short when he sustained a broken arm". (I have seen it mentioned that he's broken an arm twice though.) Obviously it looks ok. Just wondering whether he's in full training.

You may be right. I may be crazy. I was told “he broke his arm twice last year” by his SA team manager, which I interpreted to be 2019. He appears to be fully recovered anyway.

Correct. :thumbsu:

I'm betting Noble will use him the same way the Lions do with Cameron.
When I first read this my thoughts were, "wow, that's setting the bar pretty high!", but Cameron was pick 7 in 2013 Rookie draft and was playing for Crows the following year. So it's not really our of the realms of possibility. Pretty special sorta player Charlie, but you'd take that sort of ascension with Phoenix.

There was an article I read from 2019 in relation to his State final for Henley High which mentioned that he’d broken his arm earlier in the season.

I therefore took that he’d done it twice - once in 2019 and once in 2020. Not sure if it’s the same arm though.

And how did he go in THAT year as a backpocket?

View attachment 1029315

We got enough good small forward nowadays, i.e. Taylor, Mahoney

Then we got a battery of medium forwards, i.e. Zurhaar, Thomas, Stephenson, dare i say garner. Of course, thomas and stephenson will be become more midfielders. Even ziebell has a good 2 years as an undersized key position player.

As for backline, key position players are settled as mackay has established and comben is being trained as a key back. Corr is a decent pickup for 5 years.

But legspeed out of the backline, who are they? Do we have such legspeed? If turner isn't kicking goals, put him in defense as he is fast. This guy looks to be very fast, get his running ability up and going and dash out of defense. Haven't we always been looking for such a player? You are never going to always get excactly what you wanted.
You said he achieved his career best as a back pocket. It was his last year and he stopped playing afterward. It was also his second AA. He was a good player on the backline tho, I'll give you that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I first read this my thoughts were, "wow, that's setting the bar pretty high!", but Cameron was pick 7 in 2013 Rookie draft and was playing for Crows the following year. So it's not really our of the realms of possibility. Pretty special sorta player Charlie, but you'd take that sort of ascension with Phoenix.
Phoenix to rise? Here's hoping.

You said he achieved his career best as a back pocket. It was his last year and he stopped playing afterward. It was also his second AA. He was a good player on the backline tho, I'll give you that.

We got enough of the small forward, one more is merely someone better but if we can get this livewire into defense, then it solves the issue of us trying to lure players like johanessian and SaaS over at inflated price.

People will then say oh uh he's not as good, whatever that supposed to mean. If he plays his role right, he is a superstar. If neon davis can be trained into an aa defender after a decade as a crumbled, should be a no issue for spicer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #36: Phoenix Spicer - drafted w/ #42 in 2020 ND - delisted end '23 - 12 NM games / 2 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back