AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Based on this Year, Hobbs should have been on bit no one else really. Perkins hasn't been great and others haven't played enough games.
Caldwell? I'd probably have Durham before Hobbs as well, but Caldwell seems kinda glaring.

Last edited:
Of all the guys from non traditional acquisitions (drafts/trades) he has impressed me the most.

Came in and dominated that round 1 game (27 & 5 goals) and has gone well throughout the year. Questions arose around certain aspects of his game but with another year under his belt can only get better. Silk is all you can describe him as, has that ability to slow the play down with ball in hand.

Feel calm when he has possession and with another year under his belt those 20 a week can become even more valuable. Blossoming into a true wing/forward we seemed to be missing only to be over blown with options now (Langford, Guelfi, Martin, Perkins).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Nic Martin! Drooped off a little in the last month or so but won't begrudge him of that.

P.S. NOT surprised at all Daicos won, but for mine De Koning was RS some of the jobs he did for Geelong were great.

Martin played with so much flare and dare in the early rounds, and then by RD23 he was looking sideways and second guessing himself. He got Essington'd, big time.

Hopefully a new coach can allow him to play to his strengths.

I think him, Durham and Langford will be one of the best wing rotations in the AFL if given the chance, and all three are dangerous forward too

I think him, Durham and Langford will be one of the best wing rotations in the AFL if given the chance, and all three are dangerous forward too
I think the best part about Martin is that he can win a clearance too, I wouldn't put it past him playing as a genuine midfielder. Durham is a star too. Two kids I'd love at Carlton.

Some, like Martin, have done just that with Madja's help, adding significant size and muscle and improving his weightlifting by 60 per cent since the season ended.

The sessions last year contributed to Martin winning a pre-season list spot with Essendon and finishing top 10 in the club's best and fairest.

Swole Nic Martin incoming?

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back