AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we disagree on the value of the HB position. I think it’s very important as far as creating good transition attack.

I also think we have too many smalls and it’s hurting our team balance. Trading players for unders is bad value so if any of our smalls can play other positions and allow more of them to play together in a functional system then I’m all for it.
I respect you for having a different opinion and sticking to it, but agree to disagree.

Polled the most Brownlow votes of any defender in the AFL.

Didn't make the AA squad ☠️
When everyone was crying about how good Massimo is now I made a point of highlighting the recency bias pervading the AFL industry. Granted, Marto wasn’t an out-and-out wingman this year but as a point of comparison he had a vastly superior season to Mass. He was easily the better player of the two for the first 2/3 of the season, kicked multiple goals from HB and got his own ball in congestion regularly. But because Mass had a flying finish to the season in a winning team he gets elevated to AA squad hype. Mass only outdoes Marto in the field-kicking department, nothing else.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #37: Nic Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Back