AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts - Debuting v Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Not against Roberts getting a go but we need to go hard this week and play the side that has been getting the job done. * the rest s**t. They have just had a free weekend. On top of that Roberts has been playing wing 90% half forward 10%. Doubt they are slotting him in at half back.
I for one would have zero aversion to sending Hobbs back to the Magoos to play inside mid, leaving Guelfi in VFL for now and taking a look at this guy as a half-forward.

He has been the emergency the last few weeks and had minimum game time in the seconds.
Now we have the bye. He must be well rested by now! I looking forward to seeing him when he finally gets the opportunity in the seniors.

As much as the stats sheet said he was good to very good, he did take a lot of kick ins, whilst the stat paddling across half back was ultimately long down the lines.

If he can become a further 20m player by running and then kicking or more incisive with his kicking then we have a seriously good player.

Reads the play well, nice size, strong, seems a smart player already.

I sometimes feel like we play our young blokes into and then out of form.

Tsatas got a run and would now have a clear idea of how far off he is it at senior level and what he needs to work on. I see that as a good thing for him.

Reckon Hayes and Roberts would benefit from the same. Same with Voss early last year.
I’m not irate but I agree

I sometimes feel like we play our young blokes into and then out of form.

Tsatas got a run and would now have a clear idea of how far off he is it at senior level and what he needs to work on. I see that as a good thing for him.

Reckon Hayes and Roberts would benefit from the same. Same with Voss early last year.
Who are you dropping to play Archie Roberts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who are you dropping to play Archie Roberts?

I think he could be a better option than Heppell. I personally don’t like playing him (Hep) with Kelly. Even more so when you throw in Lav.

Archie is already a better user than all of them.

I’m tipping it’s the defensive side of things they’re worried about.

I can guarantee if he was playing for a side like Geelong he would’ve debuted by now.
I bet you he would not have. Not at Geelong. They have never been big on just playing all the young blokes. Maybe a couple of other clubs but not them.
I can tell you why he has not been in. Was drafted as someone who needed to do a lot of work on the defensive side of things and he has not nailed it in match sim yet.

If he isn’t given an opportunity next week, then something is seriously wrong at this footy club
he doesn't provide dyson's onfield leadership. can't blame scott for not picking him, without that leadership, we would've lost by more!

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #38: Archie Roberts - Debuting v Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back