Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

You cannot get a more confident, loyal and team first mentality than Noah

Listen to how well he speaks, it’s all volume

I’m so aroused at the prospect of him!
This kid couldn’t be more impressive
Sky is the limit

The best thing he said "we have some incredible players and they are even better people!" That's the authentic message to take way. This Club through Peggie, Benny, Cotchin, Rance and others have developed this very real feeling since the end of 2016 that means so much to this group. How it diminishes as the group changes (is changing before our eyes) we will see. However, seeing and hearing Noah Cumberland talk I think enough of the leadership group has permeated the younger group that I hope it stays as authentic as it ever was.

Spot on, gets caught out of position a little too much for my liking, but I’m hoping experience will fix that. Playing well and producing as I’d hoped he would
Interesting isn't it - sometimes you have to live with some of the cause and effect, if you love the effect. Bolton has gone through this and it has worked out OK so far ;)

Last edited:
Food for thought:

Just try to remember how you feel about Cumbo now ok. Feels good right. Positive affirmations all round. Because when he has a few poor games in a row, as young players tend to, or misses some crucial shots, don't be the fair weather "supporter" ready to put the boots into him, dud delist, send him back to the vfl, or butcher his character (some ought to be ******* ashamed of yourselves for things said here about our players) like little bitches.

Half of you here didn't even know he's been building fitness and form in the vfl since last year after an ACL (see Soldo) and many think we stole him from Brisbane, when they would have kept him but simply ran out of points (because Dodoro) and couldn't match our bid. Don't let your ignorance make you look like a fool jumping on bandwagons.

It's great to see this kid developing before our eyes, but that's because he's been carefully managed until he was ready. Too many people sticking the boots into the club for s**t they don't understand.
Sorry but he should have played at least a month before he did. He has clearly been our best forward in the VFL this year. Regularly kicking multiple goals in side that didnt have a key forward for most games. Its not like his supposed weaknesses were glaring flaws in his game.
The club chose to go back to Aarts and George again and it cost us. There's no sugar coating that.

I was pushing that line from early in the year as well. no bandwagoner here lol

Sorry but he should have played at least a month before he did. He has clearly been our best forward in the VFL this year. Regularly kicking multiple goals in side that didnt have a key forward for most games. Its not like his supposed weaknesses were glaring flaws in his game.
The club chose to go back to Aarts and George again and it cost us. There's no sugar coating that.

I was pushing that line from early in the year as well. no bandwagoner here lol
Not sure what any of that has to do with my post but congratulations, you discovered Noah. Lol

Did anyone else pick up the vibe that Dimma has been praising Cumberland through gritted teeth? Really not Dimma's sort of player and had to practically C4 the door off it's hinges to get a game. All that unguarded space over the past month has Dimma tossing and turning at night.

100%.

I've said it for a while, but the "old group" and the "new crew" coming through are not meshing well at all in my eyes. Dimma ****ing played Castagna,Aarts for a full year too long instead of transitioning to Noah. It was frustrating as a supporter to watch, imagine how pissed Noah must have been wasting a full year playing behind that lot?

The only argument i would have AGAINST that theory is - Dimma kinda did the same thing to Bolton early in his career. Made him earn his spot, made him pay for every mistake - he could see the greatness in him, but also the risk involved with a player with his mentality. Eventually that drawn out process made Bolton a MUCH more potent player, lets hope there is a bit of that in play for Noah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%.

I've said it for a while, but the "old group" and the "new crew" coming through are not meshing well at all in my eyes. Dimma ******* played Castagna,Aarts for a full year too long instead of transitioning to Noah. It was frustrating as a supporter to watch, imagine how pissed Noah must have been wasting a full year playing behind that lot?

The only argument i would have AGAINST that theory is - Dimma kinda did the same thing to Bolton early in his career. Made him earn his spot, made him pay for every mistake - he could see the greatness in him, but also the risk involved with a player with his mentality. Eventually that drawn out process made Bolton a MUCH more potent player, lets hope there is a bit of that in play for Noah.

Bolton was too light in his first year, struggling to break into a side that had 3 smalls come into the team in that season while he had a case of the second year blues. Had put on enough size by his third season that he was ready and ended up in the side come the pointy end of the season.

As for comparison can't help but see a little bit of Mitch Morton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back