Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Sadly that's partly why we've fallen so bad.

Graham, Kmac, short, Bolton, etc are all 'front runners' by your definition.

Played incredible well when led by Cotchin and Dimma, with generational talent like Martin, Rance and Riewoldt supporting them.

Now that the responsibility has fallen on these multiple time premiership players, we're dead last.
I nearly had a go at you but I think you were being sarcastic??
Probably the two players on our list you can rely on doing what is asked of them for the team are Kmac and Graham. Are they limited players absolutely, but they are the total opposite to front runners.

Even that was a weak effort. Went to ground cos he was beaten, not because he couldn't keep his feet.
Disagree, went to ground because he was so far behind his opponent was going full tilt to make up ground and was wrong footed.
It shows he has the right attitude to try and defend, but not the footy smarts.
Never should have let his opponent get that far away from him, and when closing him down need to slow up so he wasn't so easily wrong footed. Should be a lot better than that at this stage of his career.

Disagree, went to ground because he was so far behind his opponent was going full tilt to make up ground and was wrong footed.
It shows he has the right attitude to try and defend, but not the footy smarts.
Never should have let his opponent get that far away from him, and when closing him down need to slow up so he wasn't so easily wrong footed. Should be a lot better than that at this stage of his career.
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

I didn't see the game last night but it sounds like just as bad as last game, I want to be wrong about this kid
Looked okay at times and contested for some marks but yeah overall just a standard Cumbo game at this point

He used to play mid as a junior, put him in the Centre Square as a clearance player , he has too much time think down deep forward
put the Campaigner in a Port Jumper. Port supporters wont know whether to kill Kenny or Cumbo.

Would gift a popcorn moment.

I didn't see the game last night but it sounds like just as bad as last game, I want to be wrong about this kid
Was at the game. Cumbo reads the game poorly.

Too often, he did not contest when it was obvious he should.

Wet game, slippery ball, Cumbo consistently ran to the front of a long kick in. Ball goes to the back, Freo gather switch and start a chain of uncontested possessions.

He does not (to be fair, none of our forwards) work over the defence with multiple leads as our mids and high forwards get possession. Our guys kicking the ball in rarely see someone coming at them or running to a space.

Turns and change of direction (when chasing a rebounding defender) are almost an impossibility for him.

The there's the out of place over-reations.

Cumbo needs a total rebuild. It is unlikely that it can happen at AFL / VFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are just a good a footballer in our forward line at the moment you aren’t going to have much success.
He took a good mark early but the rest of the time it was he was just caught up in pack marking and chasing the opposition.
It’s hard to judge him because where he is playing he’s not going to get too much of it .

If you are just a good a footballer in our forward line at the moment you aren’t going to have much success.
He took a good mark early but the rest of the time it was he was just caught up in pack marking and chasing the opposition.
It’s hard to judge him because where he is playing he’s not going to get too much of it .
Unfortunately Noah isn’t anywhere near a good footballer. He’s a poor footballer and if a good footballer can’t be successful in our FL then a poor footballer has no hope. The excuses are over for him as he’s been given enough goes now.

I nearly had a go at you but I think you were being sarcastic??
Probably the two players on our list you can rely on doing what is asked of them for the team are Kmac and Graham. Are they limited players absolutely, but they are the total opposite to front runners.
Kmac had 6 kick 4 handballs and 2 tackles. Two of those kicks I saw were direct to the opposition. He played against Matthew Johnston who got 12 kicks 7 handballs and 7 tackles. Exactly what was Kmac asked to do? So many times, our half forwards are chasing the opposition down the corridor (including Kmac's man) while Kmac holds his wideth on the wing. I do not understand how you can praise Kmac and criticise Cumberland.

Kmac had 6 kick 4 handballs and 2 tackles. Two of those kicks I saw were direct to the opposition. He played against Matthew Johnston who got 12 kicks 7 handballs and 7 tackles. Exactly what was Kmac asked to do? So many times, our half forwards are chasing the opposition down the corridor (including Kmac's man) while Kmac holds his wideth on the wing. I do not understand how you can praise Kmac and criticise Cumberland.
Did you read my post correctly?
I wasn't praising Kmac, just responding to a comment where I first read it as saying Kmac is a front runner, I was pointing out he is anybut a front runner, a work horse with limitations, hardly call that much praise.
There seems to be a lot on this board that want to label people as a hater or lover of certain players.
I don't subscribe to this, I just call things as I see them.
You seem to be looking to make an argument with me over something I haven't actually said?

Did you read my post correctly?
I wasn't praising Kmac, just responding to a comment where I first read it as saying Kmac is a front runner, I was pointing out he is anybut a front runner, a work horse with limitations, hardly call that much praise.
There seems to be a lot on this board that want to label people as a hater or lover of certain players.
I don't subscribe to this, I just call things as I see them.
You seem to be looking to make an argument with me over something I haven't actually said?
You said “Probably the two players on our list you can rely on doing what is asked of them for the team are Kmac and Graham.” I just want to know why you would make that statement because Kmac is doing nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back