Player Watch #39: Koltyn Tholstrup – debuting against Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

This guy looks like he just has it, just like Windsor. Lots of natural talent and a real competitive streak. Needs a good run at it now. I'm quite bullish about how good this guy can be for us.
Amazing how kids that come in look good, give it 12 weeks of intense Goodying and we'll have him set him on the path to be Sparrow 2.0

Love this kid..

He's got that Tom Bugg/Aaron Vandenberg type campaigner personality who's willing to fly the flag for teammates and get into opposition face.

He was doing it with Harris Andrews and Dayne Zorko last night and wasn't backing down.

Leave him in for the rest of the year and bank up some experience and game time. We're not making finals so might as well get some games into the kids. Same as AMW.

Na, im saying by the end of it he'll look like Sparrow.
I agree. Probably got pats on the back for metres gained and long hack kids forward. All nuance gone from his game to become a bog standard Sparrow by seasons end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last two weeks a fair turnaround from his debut. Reckon we have found one here. 23 pressure acts suggests he will be a menace around that high half forward area. Just looks a touch off the pace with his disposal.

But as soon as he gets the pace at senior level, i reckon he'll be a damaging player. Loves the lip as well. We need a few blokes that love the niggle. Decent couple of weeks from the young Kolt!
Totally agree CD.
he just needs to find the pace... So I hoping they give him a block of at least 4 matches, to try to get the rhythm of AFL.

He could do with a lot more muscle, needing a big Pre Season...

He’s not the only one that can benefit from another pre season.
Yep, although if your referring to Windsor, I'd prefer him to have a regular Pre Season, focusing on his ball skills on his non preferred side; by hand and by foot.

And kicking around the corner as well, both for goal, and on the run to position.

Yep, although if your referring to Windsor, I'd prefer him to have a regular Pre Season, focusing on his ball skills on his non preferred side; by hand and by foot.

And kicking around the corner as well, both for goal, and on the run to position.
It's this time of year 1st year players hit the wall. Can't think of many 1st year players still going great atm. It just depends where we see Windsor playing moving forward. Wingman? Mid? Running defender? Work on his tank and kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back