Player Watch #39 Mate Colina

Remove this Banner Ad

Colina was playing both basketball and football until he received a scholarship to the AIS in Canberra - around 16 I think he was. Colina may even have trained with State Colts at some point for memory. Whilst he moves OK around a key and was well regarded at Hawaii, what VFL games I saw him in he struggled a bit when needing to move bigger distances involving any contact. No doubt he would improve with time. Didn't he have recurring back injuries that hampered his development?
Did he play Cricket?

thats walking pace
agree

I think his best bet is to be played as a Dustin fletcher type defender …. Don’t think he will ever be a number 1 ruck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope TigerImposter had a good look at the tallest man alive's game in the match sim yesterday. :)

Moving beautifully, covered loads of ground with ease, showed excellent agility around stoppages and got involved in some nice transition plays. Some very good one grab plays. Not quite the complete package yet, but I am officially getting excited. Give him a year to just add to his game but also add some strength over the ball, could be anything. It remains an absolute mystery why he cannot jump, but he can really run.

I hope TigerImposter had a good look at the tallest man alive's game in the match sim yesterday. :)

Moving beautifully, covered loads of ground with ease, showed excellent agility around stoppages and got involved in some nice transition plays. Some very good one grab plays. Not quite the complete package yet, but I am officially getting excited. Give him a year to just add to his game but also add some strength over the ball, could be anything. It remains an absolute mystery why he cannot jump, but he can really run.
Wow yeah i got my blow up doll to multiple orgasm I was so horny over the way he moved. FMD little kids should be at school . lol

Last edited:
Beware. Not everything you read on the internet is true.
artworks-000296509803-pmytqn-t500x500.jpg

Very mobile thought he was next best ruck behind Nank. Ryan and Naismith Meh. Who was the tall guy with the baseball cap
back to front?

It was Oliver Hayes-Brown in Mate's #
The commentators didn't pick up on it in all game.

1708280751665.png

Last edited:
What's his deal? Never mentioned as injured but never plays either. I mean if he was good enough for Calder Cannons can only assume he can do all the basic fundamentals?? Mason Cox is a pea heart who went from never laying eyes on a football to tearing Rance and our entire backline a new arse hole in a similar timeframe that Colina was first signed up at Punt Rd to now.

What's his deal? Never mentioned as injured but never plays either. I mean if he was good enough for Calder Cannons can only assume he can do all the basic fundamentals?? Mason Cox is a pea heart who went from never laying eyes on a football to tearing Rance and our entire backline a new arse hole in a similar timeframe that Colina was first signed up at Punt Rd to now.
read somewhere his back issue again

The tallest man alive returns from a year out injured in such magnificent order he beats 3/4's of the field home in the first 2km time trial. And those who have staked their already terrible reputations on him proving worthless are now genuinely concerned... TigerImposter richoplzbreed

:)

You're a world class 💩 talker. Blocked you over a year ago for whatever reason but that comment caught my eye as myself and TI apparently " staked our reputations on him proving worthless". I'm completely ambivalent towards Colina. He's played 7 mediocre games in magoos averaging 4 lousy touches 0.6 marks and 0.3 goals and 5 h/o's. In all that time not even a glimpse of potential other than apparently running a nice time trial 🤔

He signed in 2020 been on the list seasons 2021/22/23/24 that's 4 years now. 1st couple on approx $85k last 2 on $115k? That's still $400k, enough for a house in St Albans outright and 4 years of showing nothing really.

None of us truly know how favortism works at Punt Rd. Why blokes like Jake King, Taylor Hunt get gifted repeated games. Must be nice having a ruck coach/ relative pumping your tyres up so you get money for jam. No issue with the first few years was a failed gamble. Was lunacy giving him another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back