Current 3yo Anthony 'AJ' Elfalak - Missing Hunter Valley NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

*GOOD NEWS UPDATE - AJ has been found

Anthony was last seen at a home on a rural property on Yengo Drive, Putty, south of Singleton, about 11.45am yesterday.

He has not been seen since, sparking a widespread search throughout the night and into Saturday afternoon. Searchers are currently wading through "very difficult terrain", which is expected to become more treacherous as afternoon rainfall sweeps across the area.

Superintendent Chapman said dams in the area had been emptied and police divers deployed, but have so far returned no trace. She said that officers are currently assessing the requirement for an Amber Alert.

There are grave concerns for the boy's wellbeing as he lives with autism and is non-verbal.

Police are using trail bikes, police helicopters and divers, and the Dog Unit to urgently try and track down the boy. Emergency crews are scouring the remote area with the State Emergency Service (SES), Rural Fire Service. A command post has been set up down the road from the property where about 30 cars of concerned friends have gathered.

AJ is believed to be wearing a grey jumper and pants, and sneakers.

AJ.png

Alan Hashem has made a social media announcement:

He’s my best friends son! I have the property next door to his and was at the property when he went missing.
This child has never wandered before. They’ve been at the farm for 3months
A suspicious vehicle was spotted outside on the farm’s private road with the following description right before AJ went missing:
* Toyota Hilux (presumed to be ‘87 model)
* White
* Dual cab
* Canopy
* White ‘TOYOTA’ writing on the front grill

We have included an image that is as close as possible that we can find, however it was a dual cab with a canopy.
4 ATV’s were dispersed immediately within the 10 minute window that AJ went missing and covered a large radius and could not find him. The Police and SES have not been able to locate him.
The land is private land covering 650 acres.
We are asking for as many people as possible to assist in the search and spread this message immediately. Anyone around the Singleton and Hunter Region please keep a look out.

The police have confirmed abduction line of inquiry. This property looks a bit more remote than Kendall where William Tyrrell was taken from but there are some similarities from the road and on a sharp bend.

Attachments

• putty1.jpg
    putty1.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 127
  • putty.jpg
    putty.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 116

This is a strange story

So the cops aren't buying the kidnapping theory?

Yeah they might not be buying it now.

A white ute and items from an abandoned house have been seized during the search for a boy who went missing from a property in the NSW Hunter Region.
As a massive police search for Anthony "AJ" Elfalak entered its third day, his family feared he may have been kidnapped.
A strike force is spearheading the bushland search at Putty, north-west of Sydney, with petrol station CCTV seized and a nearby shack declared an active crime scene.

Police are focusing on 15 dams on the property, one drained by an excavator this morning with divers wading waist-deep through the murky water.
Forensic police arrived at the property overnight, dusting the Elfalaks' family home for fingerprints, taking photos and collecting evidence.
A service station at Colo Heights, 45km towards Sydney, is also a site of interest.
CCTV was seized two days ago after the family reported seeing a white Toyota Hilux driving down their private road around the time of AJ's disappearance.

Hope the kid is found safe and well. When I heard about this I thought he may have wandered off and fallen in the dam. They seem to have been drained though.

Something doesn’t add up though. A kid on a remote property, targeted by an unknown, kidnapped for an unknown reason? Unlikely. Do his parents have enemies or decent wealth?

Something smells fishy here.
Are there any disused mine shafts in the area?

Last edited:
Looks like imo that parents involved. Autistic kids can be very hard so this might be a possible reason.

I could be wrong as barely spent any time loiiking into this case.

Keeping an eye on this case though as me are the kid are from same background and he looks like me when i was his age 🌹🥺

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Family friend Alan Hashem said he felt “incredible” after news AJ had been found.

“But we still need to find out what happened, we need answers,” Hashem told 7NEWS.

“How did he leave? Who did he leave with? Did anything sinister happen?

“We will not stop until we find the truth.”

?? You could understand why suspicions might have been raised with this information. Just unlucky maybe CCTV went missing at a crucial time ..

Alan Hashem said CCTV cameras had been installed to overlook the property but there was a four-hour window where the footage was missing.

“We went in there, and I can’t explain it, the window in which he went missing ... probably about four hours, there’s footage missing,” he said.

Hashem echoed AJ’s mother Kelly’s theory that the boy had been “taken”, adding there was a “suspicious” car seen at the property before AJ disappeared.

?? You could understand why suspicions might have been raised with this information. Just unlucky maybe CCTV went missing at a crucial time ..

Alan Hashem said CCTV cameras had been installed to overlook the property but there was a four-hour window where the footage was missing.

“We went in there, and I can’t explain it, the window in which he went missing ... probably about four hours, there’s footage missing,” he said.

Hashem echoed AJ’s mother Kelly’s theory that the boy had been “taken”, adding there was a “suspicious” car seen at the property before AJ disappeared.

CCTVs aren't perfect, they don't always record things and sometimes stop recording. Suspicions are always raised when someone goes missing.

Glad he's found, family moved from Chipping Norton (residential suburb) to this property a few months ago. It would likely to be still new surroundings for them, especially considering their previous residence is literally suburbia. That would've been a massive worry when searching for him, the unfamiliarity with surroundings. Hope AJ has a speedy recovery!

Glad he's found, family moved from Chipping Norton (residential suburb) to this property a few months ago. It would likely to be still new surroundings for them, especially considering their previous residence is literally suburbia. That would've been a massive worry when searching for him, the unfamiliarity with surroundings. Hope AJ has a speedy recovery!

Yeh I understand, it's a big change moving on to such a big property in the bush from the suburbs.

This is the kind of great news we don't usually get to see on the crime board, so it's a real breath of fresh air to celebrate him being found. We need more good news and happy endings. :blush:

Remove this Banner Ad

Current 3yo Anthony 'AJ' Elfalak - Missing Hunter Valley NSW

Remove this Banner Ad

Back