4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrelevant?

Not if it's as big as, say, Dank's records revealed or a player admitting they had a whole host of other banned substances. Any of the two, or both, will see the AFL penalise them for actual doping.
AFL didnt get the outcome they would have liked,and Jimmy and other staff being put to the sword will only have detrimental affect on the now "closed" episode as far as Gil and boys concerned.
Its over now,apart from spikey like mud slinging when individuals cover their tracks with an occassional media beat up story to make themselves look innocent.
Pass the beer nuts footy is back.{as quoted by gil}

You'd think if Four Corners/ABC had anything significant they wouldn't be waiting a week to get it out there ;)

4corners has a reputation for doing just that, hanging onto info crossing all their t's and dotting their i's, and regularly winning industry awards for their reporting.

When they done joint storys with other media, notably fairfax, the other media have to agree not to publish until the day of the 4corners program.

The 711 scandal is a good example, even the more recent cominsure

Last edited:

We get to see Sarah then?

Dunno if we'll ever get confirmation on who Sarah was.

But it is gunna be bad for the Bombers from what I know.

(Haven't seen the footage btw)

4corners has a reputation for doing just that, hanging onto info crossing all their t's and dotting their i's, and regularly winning industry awards for their reporting.

When they done joint storys with other media, notably fairfax they other media sources have to agree not to publish until the day of the 4corners program.

The 711 scandal is a good example, even the more recent cominsure

So do you feel like there is going to be some groundbreaking, case changing information released on the upcoming show?

Petticoat's coming?

We'll have to wait and see, but my understanding is a parent who is eminently credible and was at the various sessions etc pours a huge bucket of shit on them.

So do you feel like there is going to be some groundbreaking, case changing information released on the upcoming show?

I don't think they have a "smoking gun" but the way the club handled it all will be put under the spotlight and found hugely wanting.

We'll have to wait and see, but my understanding is a parent who is eminently credible and was at the various sessions etc pours a huge bucket of shit on them.
They had about 7 club/parent meetings during the saga.
Most parents were disgusted at the whole affair,but the afl "press" only used comments made by one parent who happened to be Timmy.
There is a lot of parents who have entered legal offices with thier sons over the past 2 years.

I don't think they have a "smoking gun" but the way the club handled it all will be put under the spotlight and found hugely wanting.

Hence my original post. The OP started out with "At the end of the show presenter said next week a rare look inside the Essendon drug scandal"

But the tone of the thread was that they(Four Corners) possibly did have a "smoking gun", to use your turn of phrase(good term).

To which my response is, if they did have a smoking gun, they would not be waiting a week to expose it on a current affairs program. It would released on prime time, front line news and then perhaps followed up on something like Four Corners.

So yeah, your mail about parents being interviewed fits the OP, "a rare look inside the Essendon drug scandal", but nothing really new as such.

FWIW, I hope there is significant, new info as much as the next person.

They had about 7 club/parent meetings during the saga.
Most parents were disgusted at the whole affair,but the afl "press" only used comments made by one parent who happened to be Timmy.
There is a lot of parents who have entered legal offices with thier sons over the past 2 years.

Be interesting to get a non club/AFL side of what happened in them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence my original post. The OP started out with "At the end of the show presenter said next week a rare look inside the Essendon drug scandal"

But the tone of the thread was that they(Four Corners) possibly did have a "smoking gun", to use your turn of phrase(good term).

To which my response is, if they did have a smoking gun, they would not be waiting a week to expose it on a current affairs program. It would released on prime time, front line news and then perhaps followed up on something like Four Corners.

So yeah, your mail about parents being interviewed fits the OP, "a rare look inside the Essendon drug scandal", but nothing really new as such.

Four Corners will be double checking everything. Essendon and personeel will launch legal action straight away if something is slightly out. Also Dank going with his defamation cases, they would be extremely careful

Depends, but yes, I know what you mean. They may yet start doing that later in the week.

It has clearly been timed to go with footy season.

Four Corners will be double checking everything. Essendon and personeel will launch legal action straight away if something is slightly out. Also Dank going with his defamation cases, they would be extremely careful

Events have given a bit more rom to move there though.

Suspect we know more in a week... 4 corners tends not to leak much before the show.

They usually release a quick preview video (about 30 seconds to a minute long) on their Facebook page on Thursday or thereabouts.

They always spam up the ABC News homepage on Monday morning about that night's episode.

What has always worried me is that Hird, Essington & the AFL seem hell bent on fighting ASADA & WADA.

When have they ever challenged Dank, in court, to show EXACTLY what the players were given, when where & by whom. That the issue, thats the health & welfare concern.

WHY NOT? What is being hidden?
I think MaddAdam is on the money here. People have always known, and Essendon were too ruthless in the way they dealt with it.

The players etc have seen the evidence, and none of them have disputed it.

While I have no great expectations on this particular show, Four Corners does not operate under normal TV news practices. Over the years the show has held back many ridgey didge smoking gun holy shit did that really happen stories right up to showtime, with perhaps only the faintest tease in the 24 hours before.

Probably the only genuine journalism left in Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back