4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

How can Timmy say that he is comforted , he does not know what Jobe was jabbed with !
Comforted because the stuff that they did know was given (Spike's vitamin B) is safe. So therefore everything else given is safe.

Ah Tim, sticking his fingers in his ears and believing it will be all OK because Pollyanna.

Such as what?

Everybody involved has lost their job and reputation.

Finally people start to see tonight that the players are victims.

Their lives have been hell for three years.

A colleague in Sam Mitchell makes a joke of it. He's hailed like some kind of hero.

They're dragged through three years of bullshit and THEN given a year ban. The response is unbridled celebration at the ability to say "convicted drug cheat!!!"

Don't kid yourself, nobody gives a **** about Hal Hunter. All anybody wants to see is Jobe stripped of his Brownlow.

I must have missed the part where EFC were punished after it was discovered they gave their players performance enhancing drugs.

Please fill me in on how many draft picks they lost, and how big the fine was?

Must have been a fair bit- giving an entire team illegal drugs to cheat is pretty serious stuff.

You'd want to crack down on it hard so other teams were discouraged from doing the same right?

Didn't get a chance to watch this tonight but was Paul Marsh on the front foot about this issue?

I'd imagine the AFLPA must be livid about a former player being given a cocktail of drugs which he can't get proper information on and when he tries, gets cockblocked by a club. He must be furious that this is happening in the 21st century...surely, wouldn't he?

Didn't get a chance to watch this tonight but was Paul Marsh on the front foot about this issue?

I'd imagine the AFLPA must be livid about a former player being given a cocktail of drugs which he can't get proper information on and when he tries, gets cockblocked by a club. He must be furious that this is happening in the 21st century...surely, wouldn't he?
You would think so but it contradicts his brief of taking care of the AFL, the people who supply his wages.

did not get interviewed.... So no it seems

Wilcourt:"It's not like a drug, AOD is a fragment of growth hormone, completely natural so harmless"

How the f**k did this man become a doctor? Give too much growth hormone to someone you can give them diabetes, acromegaly, hypertension, cardiovascular disease. And fragments of things completely natural - well I could give you the BSE prion, that's natural (you'll get mad cow disease), or I could give you insulin, that's natural (oh you died of hypoglycaemia, that shouldn't have happened because its naturally made by the body)

Need to see if he is registered on AHPRA and lodge a formal complaint against him for peddling s**t that makes doctors seem dumber than we really are.

Edit: fixed the name - wilcourt not Harcourt - Harcourt was the doc making the presentation saying that the AFL now has to monitor the 35 or so players subjected to this crazy program.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m comfortable that I know what I was given,” he said.

“All I know is we were following a program that was ran by the footy club.
“We were told that everything was checked, approved and legal, and we were given written documentation supporting exactly that.”

The above is an extract of Heppell's interview on 360.
Since he knows what he was given, why didn't he tell ASADA?
Why is Essendon still saying that they don't know what was given when, at least one of their players, know what was ingested and injected?

Marsh didn't make an appearance.

Can watch it here, if you feel so inclined -

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/

Harcourt "It's not like a drug, AOD is a fragment of growth hormone, completely natural so harmless"

How the f**k did this man become a doctor? Give too much growth hormone to someone you can give them diabetes, acromegaly, hypertension, cardiovascular disease. And fragments of things completely natural - well I could give you the BSE prion, that's natural (you'll get mad cow disease), or I could give you insulin, that's natural (oh you died of hypoglycaemia, that shouldn't have happened because its naturally made by the body)

Need to see if he is registered on AHPRA and lodge a formal complaint against him for peddling s**t that makes doctors seem dumber than we really are.
It was Willcourt not Harcourt that said that Cranky! Lol.

Too many "courts" here!:p

Such as what?

Everybody involved has lost their job and reputation.

Finally people start to see tonight that the players are victims.

Their lives have been hell for three years.

A colleague in Sam Mitchell makes a joke of it. He's hailed like some kind of hero.

They're dragged through three years of bullshit and THEN given a year ban. The response is unbridled celebration at the ability to say "convicted drug cheat!!!"

Don't kid yourself, nobody gives a **** about Hal Hunter. All anybody wants to see is Jobe stripped of his Brownlow.

Seemed like everyone at the time came out and called Mitchell disgraceful, calling on him to apologise. I had others on BF calling my av at the time (mitch doing the jab jab) a disgrace (and not an Essendon supporter either). Mitchell was only a hero to Hawks supporters and to the HTB.

It was Willcourt not Harcourt that said that Cranky! Lol.

Too many "courts" here!:p

Thanks for that. Important to know which dumbarse I need to report to AHPRA.

See Hird was right, they are in a good place:

Heppell said he had no issue with the anti-doping system, but feels more let down by Essendon.

He admits he will struggle to watch Essendon start the season on Saturday night and has good and bad days.

"No doubt, you do go through a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions, but I'm in a good place at the moment," he said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-21/dyson-heppell

Remove this Banner Ad

4 Corners (21/3/16) - Actual show at around pg 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back