Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

dusty is worth 2 firsts 2 seconds and a player

sydney teams will give up that or fu** off
Gws will know what value is , they got 3 x r1 for jezza Cameron after declaring he was their best ever player , and 2 x r1 each for Shiel and treloar ,,,so let’s that be a starting point

If Dusty hypothetically really did want to go to Sydney for personal reasons and to escape the Melbourne limelight, then that's fine, but I'd want us to stop playing boxing day sales at the trade table. He's contracted another 2 years, the opposition need to pay us overs.

If Dusty hypothetically really did want to go to Sydney for personal reasons and to escape the Melbourne limelight, then that's fine, but I'd want us to stop playing boxing day sales at the trade table. He's contracted another 2 years, the opposition need to pay us overs.
If Dusty wanted to go and live in Sydney, we’d want to be heavily in Tom Greens ear. Was born to play in front of a packed MCG and would be our next captain. Maybe I’m dreaming, but surely we wouldn’t let Dusty go unless it was heavily in our favour.

If Dusty wanted to go and live in Sydney, we’d want to be heavily in Tom Greens ear. Was born to play in front of a packed MCG and would be our next captain. Maybe I’m dreaming, but surely we wouldn’t let Dusty go unless it was heavily in our favour.
Let’s just say they’d need to be fair dinkum and they’ve talked tough plenty of times when it’s their player being traded out and they didn’t even have a contract , the stakes are higher than they’ve ever seen

That was my first thought, trying to get a trade involving Green.

All hypothetical though, I want to see Dusty remain a one club player.

I think if he was younger we would of easily got those 2 firsts or a 1st and player but given his age even with the upside clubs won’t sell the farm on what will be a 3 year investment at best case

Probably 1 first rounder and token later pick swaps in of favour
I'd take Green and a second rounder (late 20's) from GWS in a heart beat.

Or maybe two late firsts from Sydney less preferably. (two picks around 12-14)

Dusty has been doing boxing training in NSW to stay fit and probably as a mindfulness exercise to take his mind off his grievance. Must mean he is a lock to join the Swans. Never mind the fact he's back at the club and about to face the Pies. FMD.

The media did this last year with the speculation Bolton was leaving, what pisses me off about the media is they never mention how Richmond will be compensated? If Martin was traded it'd be a loss but we'd rightfully demand back everything Sydney has to offer, it'd set us up for the next decade, so why dont the media write that article if they really want to speculate.

Reporter: Why is Dusty in Sydney?

Carr: Dusty loves Sydney.

Reporter: Why does he love Sydney?

Carr: He’s there a lot and he originally lived in Camden with his dad. You’ve got to live there to really know how good it is. He loves rugby league, too, and he was hanging out with Cameron Munster the other day.

Carr answers questions truthfully.

Reporters interpretation: Dusty must be going to Sydney!

Wow! Talk about drawing a long bow!

The Carr comments about Sydney are from Feb 2021 lol
It gets better.
Todays headline.
Interstate club reveals talks with Dusty over his future.
Giants CEO David Matthews told News Corp: “Lifestyle has increasingly become one of the most important components for athletes when considering their playing career, which is why Sydney is such an attractive option.

“Dustin Martin is a genuine superstar of our game and Australian sport more broadly and that’s why he generates as much interest and excitement as he does.”

**** me that was ion 2016.lol​

I'd take Green and a second rounder (late 20's) from GWS in a heart beat.

Or maybe two late firsts from Sydney less preferably. (two picks around 12-14)
I'd take Green without the sweetener tbh if it were GWS.

From Sydney, a player like Florent and their 1st Rounder (~12-16) would be our opening position, and I'd probably be fairly staunch on that level of compensation.

From Sydney, a player like Florent and their 1st Rounder (~12-16) would be our opening position, and I'd probably be fairly staunch on that level of compensation.

I think Dusty is playing another 10 years at Tigerland and is going nowwhere

I wouldn’t take Florent (or any other similar type) and a mid- late R1 pick

It’d have to be an A grade talent and some more because Dusty is worth s fortune on/off the ground to Sydney clubs .

A late first rounder and a B grader is just not adding a lot to the list. Dusty albeit at the tail end of his career is a player that’ll win you premierships

Would you do Papley and a first rounder around 14?

Would give us ins of Papley and total picks 10,14, 20, 28.

OR GWS

Would give us ins of Green and picks 10, 20, 22 ,28.

Either seem OK but I really want Green.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you do Papley and a first rounder around 14?

Would give us ins of Papley and total picks 10,14, 20, 28.

OR GWS

Would give us ins of Green and picks 10, 20, 22 ,28.

Either seem OK but I really want Green.
Turns 26 this year so we could do worse. He's probably a better player than Florent but the two years in age diff and the midfield role would lean me towards Florent, who I rate. It'd need a top 15 pick to accompany him though.

Green for Dusty would be reasonable imo. 10 years Dusty's junior would hopefully fill he void value-wise in Green inferior ability to the champ.

Byt as others have said, best case scenario is we just keep a firing Dusty for the next 5 years.

Lol. Please stop garbage like papley and a late first rounder or green and a late first rounder. Just please.

Dusty would not leave unless we were getting at MINIMUM a top 5 pick, a future 1st and an A grade player in return. You think you just hand over one of the greatest to play the game for boys and pieces??

There’s no way Sydney or GWS could afford to pay him the same as he’s getting now. Sydney could possibly afford him once buddy’s contract is over but GWS is no chance when they have Coniglio, Kelly, Greene, Taranto, Whitfield etc on massive contracts. If he wants to get out of Melbourne his only real option that doesn’t involve a massive pay cut is gold coast

we won't ket him out of his contract. and 2 years down the track he may not b much more than a useful forward.

Why are we discussing Dusty trades?

fu** off with that shit
Yeah... Good luck with stopping it now. It's like the Tom Green trade scenarios.
Probably a 1% chance of either happening, but still the 'what ifs' carry on.

For me it's like walking past a mansion worth 10 mil with a for sale sign.. I admire and walk on .. seems some here want to call the agent, set up a walk through, have several meetings with the bank and spend hours crunching numbers......

And not even consider an $80k salary isn't going to make it happen, but keep on spending time on it.

Meanwhile Dusty is focussed on his footy now and looking forward to the G next week and beyond!

There’s no way Sydney or GWS could afford to pay him the same as he’s getting now. Sydney could possibly afford him once buddy’s contract is over but GWS is no chance when they have Coniglio, Kelly, Greene, Taranto, Whitfield etc on massive contracts. If he wants to get out of Melbourne his only real option that doesn’t involve a massive pay cut is gold coast
Yep, if we're still paying any significant portion of his wage, it's unquestionably two Top 10 draft picks for him.

i didn't like the interview with Dusty manager, he basically said Dusty is a superstar and should be back in the game, but did not mention anything about him excited to come back to Richmond, he didn't even mention Richmond. I'm reading between the lines but i don't like the lines I'm reading. could be a coincidence, i am very good at listening to info and a persons tones (job wise). so this is about 70 /30.

i didn't like the interview with Dusty manager, he basically said Dusty is a superstar and should be back in the game, but did not mention anything about him excited to come back to Richmond, he didn't even mention Richmond. I'm reading between the lines but i don't like the lines I'm reading. could be a coincidence, i am very good at listening to info and a persons tones (job wise). so this is about 70 /30.
I don’t read much into that to be honest, along with their business relationship they have a close friendship. Carr has always flown the flag for Dusty over the years, and we’ve often been critical of him, over his public handling of contract negotiations. But at the end of the day he’s stayed

One other thing is that Dusty has made decisions under extreme pressure and grief, let’s see what he decides when things get back to some sort of normality for him

I don’t think Dusty is going anywhere but the argument that the Sydney sides can’t afford what he would want doesn’t stack up. With Buddy retiring soon the AFL would be willing to pay Dusty a huge amount outside the cap as a game ambassador as they have done in the past with big names playing interstate. He is the perfect player to plant up there in that market. The afl would be falling over themselves to make it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back