Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think Dusty is going anywhere but the argument that the Sydney sides can’t afford what he would want doesn’t stack up. With Buddy retiring soon the AFL would be willing to pay Dusty a huge amount outside the cap as a game ambassador as they have done in the past with big names playing interstate. He is the perfect player to plant up there in that market. The afl would be falling over themselves to make it happen.
this is a very high posiblity. how long has buddy got to go?

Would you do Papley and a first rounder around 14?

Would give us ins of Papley and total picks 10,14, 20, 28.

OR GWS

Would give us ins of Green and picks 10, 20, 22 ,28.

Either seem OK but I really want Green.
Reality is , if this was on, they’d have to release at least 1 well paid player possibly more , and that’s all 3 northern clubs touted

I don’t think Dusty is going anywhere but the argument that the Sydney sides can’t afford what he would want doesn’t stack up. With Buddy retiring soon the AFL would be willing to pay Dusty a huge amount outside the cap as a game ambassador as they have done in the past with big names playing interstate. He is the perfect player to plant up there in that market. The afl would be falling over themselves to make it happen.
Who do they currently do that for? , buddy $ in tpp would already be spoken for in short term , he doesnt retire and release 1.5 , is already spent . I do agree though afl would like it if dusty set eyes on gws , me thinks swans prob be more attractive , east subs beat the shit out of Blacktown

Who do they currently do that for? , buddy $ in tpp would already be spoken for in short term , he doesnt retire and release 1.5 , is already spent . I do agree though afl would like it if dusty set eyes on gws , me thinks swans prob be more attractive , east subs beat the shit out of Blacktown
The AFL don’t make the ambassador payments public but various reports over the years have mentioned Nic Nat, Buddy, Coniglio among others.
It was suggested on SEN a few years back that Pendlebury was on a $300k ambassador deal for example.

These payments are outside the cap.

The AFL were neck deep in one of these deals when they trying to get Buddy to GWS. That’s why they were stunned and a bit pissed off when he did the deal with the swans instead.

There was a suggestion that the AFL were going to pay Lynch an ambassador deal if he stayed up at GC. Eddie was pushing against it when the pies were chasing him as well and the AFL came out and said they would not get involved in the Lynch decision until after he had signed somewhere but there was certainly a big hint that they would top his money up if he chose to stay at GC.

Last edited:
John Ralph was basically adamant that Dusty would be playing this week against the Pies on one of the footy shows recently, is it confirmed? Kind of feels odd there isn't a token article or report somewhere like "Dusty to play against Pies", you'd think the media would be all over the return game.

Wrapped that Dusty is back and back in top condition too. I think this speaks volume of his love for our club and the faith/support they have shown in him. Dusty knew he was hurting the club with his absence on-field but he needed the time to get himself mentally right. Some clubs would have bawked at giving him the time away in Sydney but we did nothing but support him publicly and internally. He knew this so made sure that he kept up his conditioning while he was away so when he came back, he would be ready to go. I don't think this shows a man who is eager to leave the club anytime soon.

John Ralph was basically adamant that Dusty would be playing this week against the Pies on one of the footy shows recently, is it confirmed? Kind of feels odd there isn't a token article or report somewhere like "Dusty to play against Pies", you'd think the media would be all over the return game.
The ‘Dusty back for Collingwood game’ has been touted all last / this week, but the only realistically credible source on that imo is Lynch saying it in his post-game interview Friday night

Looking at all the promo images for this game on the MCG website and on the Ticketek ticketing page all have Dusty front and centre. I'm pretty certain he's going to be running out this week.

Looking at all the promo images for this game on the MCG website and on the Ticketek ticketing page all have Dusty front and centre. I'm pretty certain he's going to be running out this week.
erection GIF

Buddy’s contract finishes this year I think. On current form you’d think he has another one in him. What a freak athlete he is.
Buddy is 35 years old and looking like playing again in 2023 as a 36 year old
there is no reason why Dusty could not o the same and still have another 5 years

He is physically strong and rarely gets injured and doesnt rely on pace
i would hate to give up 5 years of Dusty for a late pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy is 35 years old and looking like playing again in 2023 as a 36 year old
there is no reason why Dusty could not o the same and still have another 5 years

He is physically strong and rarely gets injured and doesnt rely on pace
i would hate to give up 5 years of Dusty for a late pick
Agree, I’d hate to see Dusty leave

why would dusty go to shitney now, the AFL and either of those clubs will chain him up and force him to do 10x as much media and merchandise shit until retirement and the media would make a huge fuss over him going there, and neither of them have a decade experience knowing how dusty likes to live his life

he can stay with the mighty tigs then retire and go up there after and disappear

Flashback to 2017 and Dusty's playing future at Richmond is under a cloud. He hasn't re-signed and North Melbourne are trying to get him.
Here's the 10 NEWS report announcing his re-signing at Richmond and Dusty makes his famous comment "I felt like I was cheating on a girlfriend."

Richmond star Dustin Martin will return to playing against Collingwood this weekend.

Richmond coach Damien Hardwick confirmed the selection at his weekly press conference on Thursday morning, on the condition that Martin gets through training.

Shit yes! :hearteyes: Go well Sir Dust!

kriegericanonlygetsoerect.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin GOAT and King of Punt Rd - OFFICIALLY RETIRED

Remove this Banner Ad

Back