Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the point. We need Dusty provided he is fit. It is always about the team. Not milestones.
Don't panic, we've got more than 23. But we might not have the week later against Hawthorn if these older blokes have to come up again with only 4 days off between games.

So yes, it is about team. And the best for the team would be to give Dusty a spell for Thursday and freshen him up for the Hawks match. Then he'll come back in with Shai.

We might have only 23 to pick from tho :eek:

Who cares. Just play all the kids we’ve drafted. We’re not winning another game this year. Gives us ammo to ask for a priority pick.

easy fix to this problem..... 100% we should select Dusty then he should be a late withdrawal saying he did not travel with the team but would drive over to Adelaide for the game however due to unforeseen circumstances he ran out of petrol in Horsham....
suck it AFL that's our story and we are sticking to it :drunk::drunk::drunk:

He will not and should not play.

Find someone/anyone else.

Deserves his 300th in front of the Tiger Army.

It's actually better for the team as a whole if they can celebrate with him and fight for a win in front of the home crowd rather than being abused by those savages in SA.
yeah it just doesnt feel right but unless hes immediately retiring we'll have the chance to give him a proper show of respect against the hawks the following week.

I think it's the right call to not play Dusty this week off the five day break. Given the current ladder position there is very little to be gained, and a whole lot to lose. Dusty's 300th then falling at the 'G against the Hawks is just a bonus.

After the Hawks Dusty can have another week off due to the bye, and then hopefully is fully fit and firing for the back end of the season where I do notice most of our games alternate between 6 day breaks and 8 day breaks.

Good luck to Yze and the club telling him he cant play when the team is on its knees. The guy is all about team first, always has been.

He’s nearly 33yo. Has had some soft tissue issues the last few seasons, including this one. 5-day break. It’s not even out of the question he’d not have played if it was game 286. It’s an absolute no-brainer to rest him this week and give the Tiger army a day to celebrate in 2024 in a season from hell.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s nearly 33yo. Has had some soft tissue issues the last few seasons, including this one. 5-day break. It’s not even out of the question he’d not have played if it was game 286. It’s an absolute no-brainer to rest him this week and give the Tiger army a day to celebrate in 2024 in a season from hell.

I would agree if we had more fit players than injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk about Reid/Darcy missing the Rising Star, then memories go to McKernan.

Not a single mention of how Martin was reported in 2010 - did NOT miss a game - but was ruled ineligible. He would’ve cantered in the Rising Star which Hannebery won.

Martin 3rd in B&F, Hanners 10th:

Disposals: 20.2 v 20.6
Goals: 0.5 v 0.4
Tackles: 3.3 v 3.3
Inside 50’s: 3.5 v 2.7
CP: 8.5 v 7.4
Clearances: 4.8 v 2.4 (double !!)
1%: 1.2 v 0.5

So why isn’t Martin mentioned as a certainty beaten in the Rising Star? As mentioned, he didn’t even miss a game with his ‘report’.

Same old ‘Tiger blindness’ from the media as always.

Don't panic, we've got more than 23. But we might not have the week later against Hawthorn if these older blokes have to come up again with only 4 days off between games.

So yes, it is about team. And the best for the team would be to give Dusty a spell for Thursday and freshen him up for the Hawks match. Then he'll come back in with Shai.
I’d reckon the thinking is to have the ‘band’ back together for his 300th , hence also giving Vlaustin a rest before his legs fall off…

The plan has to been to have dusty play his 300th at the g for a while. The club leaked to the media that dusty would be rested a week ago, it’s not media speculation it’s effectively the media passing on a message via the club. The daily mail published an article that Dusty was seen having beers with Dane swan so he wouldn’t be doing that if he was planning to play off a 5 day break.

The plan has to been to have dusty play his 300th at the g for a while. The club leaked to the media that dusty would be rested a week ago, it’s not media speculation it’s effectively the media passing on a message via the club. The daily mail published an article that Dusty was seen having beers with Dane swan so he wouldn’t be doing that if he was planning to play off a 5 day break.
RFCGloryJC asleep at the wheel not posting a daily mail article. Too busy searching for Nadia articles?

bored vince vaughn GIF by Golden Globes

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back