Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

hes the big game player and this wasnt a big game to him like it was to us

plus i reckon he tweaked his whatever he was carrying cos he was moving fine then he was in early season niggle mode rest of the game
Yeah at one stage he looked like he couldn't bend over to pick a ground ball up.

View attachment 77fefb42d8d7a3cee382983f677865a7.mp4

Hearing Dusty speak to Riewoldt after the game today and how he speaks to Richo here Dustys going nowhere. Juxtapose that with Dan Rioli during Indigenous round..... is there odds that Dusty extends at Punt Rd, whilst Dan Rioli goes to Gold Coast..... MRJ was touted as signing on with Tiges a couple months ago, crickets since then. Dusty loves the place, he's not like these LeBron James flogs who chase individual success and accolades above all else. Dustys loyal. 2 years extension @ $600k with incentive clauses. Get it done Benny.

View attachment 2020818

Hearing Dusty speak to Riewoldt after the game today and how he speaks to Richo here Dustys going nowhere. Juxtapose that with Dan Rioli during Indigenous round..... is there odds that Dusty extends at Punt Rd, whilst Dan Rioli goes to Gold Coast..... MRJ was touted as signing on with Tiges a couple months ago, crickets since then. Dusty loves the place, he's not like these LeBron James flogs who chase individual success and accolades above all else. Dustys loyal. 2 years extension @ $600k with incentive clauses. Get it done Benny.
what did dan rioli say

what did dan rioli say

He said zilch but repeatedly swatted the questions away. Previously I've heard him rave about his love of the club and what a privilege it is playing with his Uncle at Punt Rd and playing dreamtime every year, and the pride he gets everytime he walks into the Maurice Rioli room...... cashing Dan in for a couple 1st rounders is the perfect win/win/win. Also Bolton's too shy but got on the front foot and made his manager shoot down any reports he's leaving Punt Rd the VERY next day after Nepo Mcsixchins spruiked garbage. Bolton didn't have to do that. It clearly pissed him off so he took the initiative and did that.

The clubs instagram doing its best to say it’s a retirement without saying it’s a retirement

‘End of beginning’ the tune on one of the Instagram reels 😬
Dunno if he's gonna retire. I think the realization that our dynasty is well and truly over has set in. We are miles off it now and Dusty like it or not is nearing the end of his career.

Great day spoilt by a football match
Aside from the love we Richmond supporters have for the great man, what yesterday showed to all and sundry is how big the Richmond Football Club is (just in case they needed reminding).

92k turn up for a run of the mill football match at an awkward time as a call to arms. Wow.

So all you media flogs who conveniently forget and who like to dismiss the might of the Tiger - shove that one up your ar$e.

And Dusty's media ban apart from his great mate Jack was just superb.

Still a great experience. A privilege to have been part of this bloke’s journey.
Enjoyed it immensely and the Q6 seats were up front so not too bad

View attachment 2020818

No offence to the great man, but i didn't see or hear a guy that sounded like he had 2 years of bottom 4 footy in him. I think he should likely retire at seasons end. Anything but the Gold Coast, please tho. Literally anything.

No offence to the great man, but i didn't see or hear a guy that sounded like he had 2 years of bottom 4 footy in him. I think he should likely retire at seasons end. Anything but the Gold Coast, please tho. Literally anything.

He will never play for another club. He is Richmond through and through. If it was ever in doubt, yesterday put it to bed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please excuse the intrusion. I just wanted to come in and congratulate Dusty on his 300 games. He is a true champion.

We have had a little discussion on our board as to whether Dusty is the greatest Tiger of all time. Some say KB. I am old enough to have seen KB's career and in my view, Dusty probably has had greater impact on Tiger success so he gets my vote - 300 games, 3 flags, 3 Normies, 1 Brownlow. Either way, Dusty is in rare company when it comes to Tiger Champions.

My Dad, may he rest in peace, played for the Tigers (he was a huge Jack Dyer fan) and would have really enjoyed watching Dusty and your 3 flags during his career.

Well done, Dusty, and thanks for the memories.

Aside from the love we Richmond supporters have for the great man, what yesterday showed to all and sundry is how big the Richmond Football Club is (just in case they needed reminding).

92k turn up for a run of the mill football match at an awkward time as a call to arms. Wow.

So all you media flogs who conveniently forget and who like to dismiss the might of the Tiger - shove that one up your ar$e.

And Dusty's media ban apart from his great mate Jack was just superb.

Let's see if the AFL can maybe remember that instead of biting the hand that feeds them most

Please excuse the intrusion. I just wanted to come in and congratulate Dusty on his 300 games. He is a true champion.

We have had a little discussion on our board as to whether Dusty is the greatest Tiger of all time. Some say KB. I am old enough to have seen KB's career and in my view, Dusty probably has had greater impact on Tiger success so he gets my vote - 300 games, 3 flags, 3 Normies, 1 Brownlow. Either way, Dusty is in rare company when it comes to Tiger Champions.

My Dad, may he rest in peace, played for the Tigers (he was a huge Jack Dyer fan) and would have really enjoyed watching Dusty and your 3 flags during his career.

Well done, Dusty, and thanks for the memories.
Ty for your kind words

Titus O'Reilly thinks we should name our media room "The Dustin Martin Media Centre". Would be a great FU to the CFL media.

Pressers in the cone of silence

Remove this Banner Ad

Back