Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, the last time we played well enough to be any sort of threat was when Tarrant was settled in our team and paying well. Once he came back into the team in rd 10 he played in 8 wins a draw and 5 losses. The thing is, 3 of the losses were by a kick against teams who finished the finals in the top 4, every one of those involving controversial rulings against Richmond that basically lost us the game. The only other losses were also by a kick and involved shocking errors by our forwards that cost us those games. His last 14 games we could have just as easily gone 12-2 or better, with wins over the premier and 2 other top 4 teams. Without Dusty making any meaningful contribution.

Recruiting Tarrant for peanuts could have as easily been a flag winning move if a couple of things worked out slightly different. Stupid train of thought by you RJK. A wtf train of thought really, Tarrant was excellent for us and was a risk well and truly worth taking.

Even i can't be bothered writing a novel to tear apart everything that is wrong with your reimagined history of Robbie Tarrant.

Robbie signed a 2 year contract & its hard to imagine he was getting paid less than the AFL average of $450k. - so lets say a Million over 2 years.

Over the 2 years he played a total of 20 games, 10 of which were pretty shit. He looked slow, and a liability. He maybe played 7 good games. So we paid him around $150k per good game we got from him.

He then retired before his contract ended stating "he had nothing left in the tank". Completely justifying Nths original offer of 1 year, hence making the 2nd year we offered ****ing dumb & a poor decision.

In that time, we won absolutely nothing worth mentioning.

If he was a success, what do you have to do to get an "F" from you? Wish you were my Grade 5 teacher.

I feel for Dusty. He hasn’t been the same since fcuk face Robinson ruined his kidney. Should he retire, I blame that moron for taking him out. I get the feeling Dusty is staying only to help with the kids but with his injuries, it makes it look like he’s lost his mojo. He hasn’t, he’s just injured and struggling to stay out on the ground.

I feel for Dusty. He hasn’t been the same since fcuk face Robinson ruined his kidney. Should he retire, I blame that moron for taking him out. I get the feeling Dusty is staying only to help with the kids but with his injuries, it makes it look like he’s lost his mojo. He hasn’t, he’s just injured and struggling to stay out on the ground.
2023? 2nd in the B&F. made an amazing recovery.

but 2024.. been injured since preseason and form has dropped off noticably.

this is so often forgotten - that was as serious an injury as you will see in this sport. Especially because it basically reset a decade of strength & conditioning by way of all the weight he lost

I am intrigued how Petracca will go when he returns who has a similar physical profile

Dusty will be three years retired and living in LA or Portugal or somewhere 15 kegs above his playing weight and some old hack former player or a never played at all young "journo" desperate for a headline will say he's signed with the Suns.

FMD talk about flogging a dead horse.

In nearly 20 years Dusty has shown loyalty, integrity and passion to and for the Tigers. Honestly stop reading and then posting what you know in your heart are just blatant lies and gossip.

Enjoy the great man for what remains and don't listen to what far lesser people have to say. IF he does retire or go to another team, THEN you will know his intentions and by all means fire away. At least then you will be dealing with the facts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still wondering if he cant physically play anymore, can’t be bothered or has been restricted all year lol

It seems pretty clear he is restricted physically, as there is a consistent pattern. He looks like the Dusty of old early in games and then vanishes totally as the match wears on, and earlier in the season Yze referred to this as well.

Yeah. perhaps he's been carrying it all year? that would explain the drop off.

I’ve said it from very early in the season he’s playing injured. He has been avoiding contact and at times struggling to bend over which is rare as he’s brilliant below his knees.

I’d say he’s had an on again off again back injury all season that flares up, particularly during second halves which is why he has generally been much better early in games. By halfway through third I reckon his back is cooked. I played a lot of suburban cricket as a youngster and anyone will know with a crook back knows how debilitating it is at times. Sometimes you literally can’t get off the floor if you are having back spasms.

Father Time? Injury mismanagement ? Genuine injury that’ll come good? Who knows.

But I wouldn’t hesitate to give him another year if he wants to go on. If he gets his body right no reason he can’t get back to an excellent player. Many ‘older’ players who have looked pretty cooked at times post 32yo have come back to play terrific footy … eg Taylor Walker. Zorko. Sidebum.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back