Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

It does feel like it's coming to an end, and if so then I'd prefer to know sooner rather than later. A simple joint statement from the club and player is all that is needed. No press conference required. Statement says all the right things, and leaves the door ajar for Dusty to continue somewhere else.

• The RFC and Dusty have agreed to part ways at the end of the 2024 season.
  • Dusty will always be a legend of the RFC, and we thank him for his immense contribution over his career, including blah blah blah
I agree, I would rather know 100% now that he is leaving as a fan, but also, I could imagine it would be a media shitstorm if it got announced he was leaving before the season is over. but there is nonstop speculation anyway so it's a distraction either way.

I think the club honestly knows he is leaving.

Apparently gone, Tom Morris said he hasn’t warmed to Yze’s coaching. Blokes generally got good mail.
whos feeding the campaigner this shite ? time to hang them at Richmond station

or is it cos some of those inside dont rate yze ?

I think it will be sad if he plays on next year either with us or another team. Hard to see it not ending up as another example of a star who goes on for one (or two) years too many.
we are idiots , gold campaigners wouldve given a first maybe 2 for him last year . he was aa in everyones book but the cfl's

now we'll get nothing

whos feeding the campaigner this shite ? time to hang them at Richmond station

or is it cos some of those inside dont rate yze ?
100% this is from the Merkin. Swanny or one of his mates not the sort to blab to media so I'd be betting on the Merkin being the leak. Never liked that campaigner. Always happy to shop Dusty around. Notice he lost all his other players like Rioli and Chol who now hate his guts.

100% this is from the Merkin. Swanny or one of his mates not the sort to blab to media so I'd be betting on the Merkin being the leak. Never liked that campaigner. Always happy to shop Dusty around. Notice he lost all his other players like Rioli and Chol who now hate his guts.
even bolton left him

Is that true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant stand that dweeb merkin!

looks like the sort of guy who would spike young girls drinks.

Is that true?
100%

The club steered interstate players who needed a local manager to look after them including Bolton, Chol and Rioli to the Merkin. It turned out to be a disaster as he largely ignored them as they weren't high earners at the time. As a result they all farked him off.

The club was in phase of trying to keep the Merkin onside so he didn't take Dusty elsewhere. I used to see the Merkin at the Presidents functions regularly at the time also. A big mistake by the club. They should have kept this prick at arms length.

Last edited:
100%

He got handed some interstate players by the club who needed a local manager to look after them including Bolton, Chol and Rioli. It turned out to be a disaster as he ignored them as they weren't high earners at the time. As a result they all farked him off.

The club was in phase of trying to keep the Merkin onside so he didn't take Dusty elsewhere. I used to see the Merkin at the Presidents functions regularly at the time also.
this does not surprise me one bit.

I think it will be sad if he plays on next year either with us or another team. Hard to see it not ending up as another example of a star who goes on for one (or two) years too many.

To some extent sure, but plenty of players achieve very little or nothing as one club players and then move on and achieve nothing. Dusty will always be a Richmond great. It will be like Mitchell playing at the Eagles, just a waste of time and a bit of a mark on his legacy. The only difference is because of how much the media hates us, they will bring it up every single time they write about him. "Former Gold Coast (and Richmond) footballer Dustin Martin is seen at a cafe this morning, full page report on page 6."

If im not mistaken Ralph is more of a entertainment manager ( B grade Aussie talent) I believe.
not a sport manager.
He truly has a unique relationship with Dusty since the start.
I didnt know Carr was considered a sports manager until Martin started working with him. I think Carr used to be Vanessa Amorosi's manager at one stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin is the GOAT and King of Punt Rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back