Past #4: Liam Anthony - delisted by NM end '14 - 4th in 2016 Sandover Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 44. Liam Anthony

Liam Anthony - 15 disposals, 2 marks, 3 clearances, 4 inside 50's

Stats from his game against the Tigers.

He might get a game in the seniors soonish.

If you don't mind me asking is there a site or anything where I will be able to find the statistics from our VFL games? Would be interesting to have a look at how our players go stats wise each week.

Will he get a game after the break?
Im thinking of getting him for my supercoach team for some extra cash
plus i would love to see liam play his first AFL match
good luck liam

Will he get a game after the break?
Im thinking of getting him for my supercoach team for some extra cash
plus i would love to see liam play his first AFL match
good luck liam

:D hope you did that kg7,i bought him for 94,000 and he is now worth 380,00,bought his shares on the BFSX here for 79 cents, they are now $ 7.88 :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hows his preseason going this year?

From all reports he's struggling, has lost a yard of pace and he wasn't overly endowed in that area either.

Haven't seen a thread on this so thought I'd start one.
He was bloody good yesterday, seemed to be everywhere. Is an absolute ball-magnet this bloke. Has really improved the last few weeks IMO.
Still has work to do on his disposal, but time and again seemed to be lumping the ball forward in the last Q.
Welcome back LA,we've missed you.

Haven't seen a thread on this so thought I'd start one.
He was bloody good yesterday, seemed to be everywhere. Is an absolute ball-magnet this bloke. Has really improved the last few weeks IMO.
Still has work to do on his disposal, but time and again seemed to be the ball forward in the last Q.
Welcome back LA,we've missed you.

Hmmmm. "pumping":eek:

Yeah I thought he was good too, i might be biased but North have used the sub well this year, although I haven't taken much notice of other clubs.

I hate the sub rule and the players must hate it as well. It just seems dumb to have a perfectly capable player on the bench who can't come on and then having to sub someone off who is also capable of playing more game time.

Back on the topic I thought LA was an interesting choice who worked well yesterday. Earlier in the year when he was sub it didn't. I'd prefer he start in the 21.

Cunnington cracked the sads at coming off which was a good reaction i thought!

Was very surprised to see LA as sub given his game vs GC.

He really came on and made an impact - agree that after a rough start he is really starting to come good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He gets the pill, but his disposal is still a bit poor IMO. he tends to blaze away when under pressure.

I would take 6 kicks from Speight over 10 from Anthony.

His run was great though when the team was dead on its feet.

I've noticed a lot of the time he ends up having to take his kick under pressure because he can't collect the ball cleanly off the ground.

His form earlier this season warranted him being dropped, no doubt in my mind but what was good was the selection committee bringing him back in after 1 game in the 2´s and its been the perfect foot in the backside for him. He would probably be 1st to admit he needed it, but he copped on the chin and his work rate now is right where it should be....1st class.
Post match question time Bon stated we´re coming into a positive stage now where there´s competition for spots on the team highlighting Richardson with 40 possession games in the VFL etc. So Anthony knows too well that he has to perform or it will be a long time into the 1´s again. Lachie and his concussion may find him out of the side now, surely cannot drop Pedo now..... but goldy having the ankle problem may open up the door again for Lachie. Would really hope to have all player available right now.... injury free etc to see where are at (progress wise) til the Collingwood game.

I hate the sub rule and the players must hate it as well. It just seems dumb to have a perfectly capable player on the bench who can't come on and then having to sub someone off who is also capable of playing more game time.

Back on the topic I thought LA was an interesting choice who worked well yesterday. Earlier in the year when he was sub it didn't. I'd prefer he start in the 21.

Cunnington cracked the sads at coming off which was a good reaction i thought!

From memory LA was a sub only once before against Collingwood, and got plenty of the ball when he came on.

The only time I recall the sub not working well for us was Garlett in the Brisbane game IIRC, when he came on too late and had no impact.

His leg speed worries me. Early in the last he couldn't chase out of our forward line. Legs looked like led. As the sub and early in the quarter it highlighted the issue more than I had given it credit in the past.

His leg speed worries me. Early in the last he couldn't chase out of our forward line. Legs looked like led. As the sub and early in the quarter it highlighted the issue more than I had given it credit in the past.
I saw that it was more application than lack of conditioning.

He gave up on the contest and missed a golden opportunity to nail the Essendon player in a tackle when he changed direction and cut back inside.

He still runs one way far to much for my liking.

I must admit, I have to question him as a sub.

When you think about it, a sub should more often or not be a 'burst' player, one which can come on and completely turn a game on it's head with a special ability, i.e line breaking speed. I think that sort of player would make an ideal sub.

LA is a consistent ball winner, and as such, just seems more suited to being the player subbed off rather than on. Ball winners go all game and don't necessarily fade out, whilst burst players are the opposite, and can light it up in a quarter.

That does it. Squibbed a ridiculous amount of contests at crucial times and torched a long selfish point when Drew was all alone 30metres out when the game was in the balance.

I grew up around the corner from Rory Sloane and during draft period North had been round to his house for interviews etc potentially looking at taking him at pick 42 from memory.

On draft day we took Anthony at 42, Rory went at 43. The disparity between their courage at the contest could not be greater...

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #4: Liam Anthony - delisted by NM end '14 - 4th in 2016 Sandover Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back