Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Rarely sighted in the first half but actually looked good when in the ruck after half time & looked the best that I can remember seeing him in the centre bounces ! Mind you Mumford’s strength isn’t his centre bounce work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well, Mumford gave Nank a bath CCJ beat him hands down and didn't look too bad around the ground either. If we trade him well my years and years of support won't be renewed i rate him so much.

Well, Mumford gave Nank a bath CCJ beat him hands down and didn't look too bad around the ground either. If we trade him well my years and years of support won't be renewed i rate him so much.
A bath? The guy had 5 touches and not 1 mark for the whole match.

Not his best match but far out it'd be nice to see how he looked playing alongside a midfield with a half decent stoppage structure.

Absolute priority signing. Everyone screaming we need to take KPP’s at the draft, and we do, but we have one here who’s about to explode and we might trade him? Madness to let him go. If he goes, it has to be for a first round pick, nothing less

lol the overhype on CCJ is ridiculous. Comments like this saying he is “about to explode” are ridiculous. He is tracking nicely to be a average to decent AFL player which we would take.

We cannot afford to lost him!!
I hope he stays. What price has he got on his head? A back ended contract would help us. Houli is about the only money being freed up this year. Cotchin and JR next year.? I don't know what clubs are into him? Crows I presume. Was there some talk the Giants wanted him? Mumford must be close to retiring.

I hope he stays. What price has he got on his head? A back ended contract would help us. Houli is about the only money being freed up this year. Cotchin and JR next year.? I don't know what clubs are into him? Crows I presume. Was there some talk the Giants wanted him? Mumford must be close to retiring.
Worried me a little that he was fully engaged in a discussion with Mumford after the final siren 😬 that went on for a while

I don’t think he’s have that big of a price on his head just yet, he’s still very young and inexperienced.

With the time GWS have put into Briggs/Flynn and what they’ve both shown this year I don’t think they’d need another young ruck.

It appears the Suns still have a reasonably tight cap and will have their own kids to re-sign so whilst I firmly believe they want him I don’t think they’d be offering astronomical money or anything to earth shattering.

The Crows are an interesting one, they’ll have money to burn and CCJ is of course from SA but they really haven’t had a strong link to him as of yet.

I’d imagine his agent would want to back himself in to be in a much better position in a couple of years time, similar to Bolton I’d expect they’d just want a two year deal and to then try and get the big deal and money when he’s more proven. I cannot see a big money or long contract being thrown his way just yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CHol's sh*t games have him getting 6 touches and nil impact...

That was a relatively quiet game from CCj, but he still kicked 2 goals, and WASN'T outmarked when we needed him to make a contest

The question for me is;
Chol can walk out and maybe AFL gives us a pick back (3). CCJ is a double edge sword.
1. Club wants him guarantees him game time.
2. He wants to leave so we package up a deal to bring in our 3 first round pick. This way if we are knee deep into an inside mid we can utilize it if required. Of note: there appears to be some good forwards in the draft in our range 5-30 range.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely Caddy, Naish, Garthwaite, Miller , Aarts, Castagna , Houli, Astbury will be at least discussed in not being offered contacts, let go or traded? What is the above worth 1.2 -1.4 million?

Surely Caddy, Naish, Garthwaite, Miller , Aarts, Castagna , Houli, Astbury will be at least discussed in not being offered contacts, let go or traded? What is the above worth 1.2 -1.4 million?

We will have to keep either Garth or Miller as we have nobody forward or back taller than 193cm besides Biggy on our list. So we will either trade in or draft in some talls. Only way we can drop both or either.

Glad some have woken up as to how good this guy is. Classes above Soldo him and nank should be our rucks.
100% agree - suggestion of training CCJ are ridiculous!! - a 20 yr old 200 cm who can play who we have put development time into is far more valuable than another late first round pick - He is a MUST RE SIGN !!!

Worried me a little that he was fully engaged in a discussion with Mumford after the final siren 😬 that went on for a while
Im not really fussed if it is actually the GWS that is the team he wants to go to (if he does actually want to leave)
GWS has the assets that we need and would be the best team to trade him to.

They have Green , Hopper , Toranto as well as 2 very very good picks #2/#3 Pies pick and also they will have their own 1st Rounder which should be #10-#15 range

If Cj gets us Tom Green i will drive him to Blacktown

We will have to keep either Garth or Miller as we have nobody forward or back taller than 193cm besides Biggy on our list. So we will either trade in or draft in some talls. Only way we can drop both or either.
I've seen enough of Garth to say his best is VFL level and our 2nd 1st round pick we could take best available KPB as a replacement. I'd be confident a 1st year kid at that pick would have a lot more upside and if the kid had some size, wouldn't need 2-3 years of development. Garth will be 24 next year. Not sure on Miller's contract but if he is out of contract I'd offer him a rookie contract as the depth as he's not coming on as hoped.
But we need a Sam Taylor type and that'll take a high pick to raise the success likelihood (assuming there is one available).
All my opinion of course, but I don't see any close to above average traits let alone elite.

If he’s not part of a deal to land Tom Green then hope he re-signs.
He works hard to get to marking contests, seems a real honest type who will just keep presenting.
Also like his intent in ruck contests, while not as crazy as Nank he doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty helping out his mids

If he’s not part of a deal to land Tom Green then hope he re-signs.
He works hard to get to marking contests, seems a real honest type who will just keep presenting.
Also like his intent in ruck contests, while not as crazy as Nank he doesn’t mind getting his hands dirty helping out his mids
Good strong hands , anyone would be wetting themselves if a draftee showed that marking ability

I've seen enough of Garth to say his best is VFL level and our 2nd 1st round pick we could take best available KPB as a replacement. I'd be confident a 1st year kid at that pick would have a lot more upside and if the kid had some size, wouldn't need 2-3 years of development. Garth will be 24 next year. Not sure on Miller's contract but if he is out of contract I'd offer him a rookie contract as the depth as he's not coming on as hoped.
But we need a Sam Taylor type and that'll take a high pick to raise the success likelihood (assuming there is one available).
All my opinion of course, but I don't see any close to above average traits let alone elite.
Yep Garth is a battler , there are several moments where he’s had the sit to take a strong mark and underline himself as a senior player and I reckon he’s dropped all but one of , on last line of defence it’s dangerous practise and a real bottom side pattern . I’d rather Oscar McDonald on the list , he can take a grab

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back