Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally thought he deserved two with North as well as other clubs whom were mentioned above - could be defining though, might make him bust his arse and sign a bigger contract next year with some really good form.

He doesn’t seem as fit as others his age, and I’m almost going to say he is on the cusp on best 22. Which is sad considering how much upside there was.

I would love it if at any stage he got a mark, he didn’t automatically slowly walk away from goal and slow the game down.

Yep, needs to find the balance of playing on instinct and playing to structure. Problem is if you let him play on instinct too much he is prone to some mind numbing brain farts.

Once he matures between the ears his game will go to a more consistent level.

He was easily in our best players at half time - and his willingness to work up the ground to contests was pretty noticeable.

I expect him to be bigger and stronger next year after an uninterrupted preseason.
I would prefer he got whippet-fit and make a wing his own. He has missed too many gimme opportunities in front of goal to be a reliable forward.

As a forward, I just don’t think he is a serious football player.

As a wing, I think his gifts could be utilised and he could be a little bit of a unicorn.

He has to know when to play on from a mark though…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viney has an appointment for him on Monday morning 😎

One of the worst misses I have seen. Has a great mark and can elevate. Just like to see consistency and better decision making when the heat is on. Keep playing him and Curtis.

Attachments

• IMG_1712.png
    IMG_1712.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 19
I would love it if at any stage he got a mark, he didn’t automatically slowly walk away from goal and slow the game down.
I said exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago and got shot down.

Also don’t get me wrong. I love Eddie. But Eddie you can’t be missing dem goals 5 metres out directly in front. Maybe indicative of a young list that lacks poise under pressure.

I said exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago and got shot down.

Also don’t get me wrong. I love Eddie. But Eddie you can’t be missing dem goals 5 metres out directly in front. Maybe indicative of a young list that lacks poise under pressure.
It really is not good enough. Track the last 6 weeks. I am guessing there was one gimme kick that was missed each week.

i think his best attribute is overhead contested marking, i was genuinely impressed some of the marks he took, but really has to lose those brainfades.

for now i can live with them as even harry missed a couple last year but hoping like harry he can be a bit more clutch as he progresses.

I would prefer he got whippet-fit and make a wing his own. He has missed too many gimme opportunities in front of goal to be a reliable forward.

As a forward, I just don’t think he is a serious football player.

As a wing, I think his gifts could be utilised and he could be a little bit of a unicorn.

He has to know when to play on from a mark though…
That's his best chance to be a long term player. His best attributes are his mark and I'd say his field kicking is close to the most skilled on our team. He is a beautiful field kick, weights the ball, can loft it over congestion - has amazing touch off the boot.

He needs to relax and take a breather. He is always going at 100 miles, intensity through the roof
His technique for the snap was so wrong.

He was rushed, off balance and didn't give himself enough room to snap it through.

Needs to improve on this.

He needs to relax and take a breather. He is always going at 100 miles, intensity through the roof
Funny thing is, in our post mortem discussion today the general agreement was that he's way too laconic and that he needs to play with more intensity. We thought he tends to lean back on kicks, doesn't run in straight when attempting set shots and he doesn't look to be focused.

His marking is good but he's become quite a one trick pony. He should be capable of better, although I believe his season and career accuracy are close to 2:1 in terms of goals and points so although I may be be a bit harsh I do think some of those misses were stinkers.

I am not as much of a wrap on him as others. I would prefer to see Duursma back in the team now we are performing a lot better. Was really starved earlier in the year.

I also think Duursma would be a better mark and better field kick, maybe just not the tank to get up and down the field.

Maybe Ford can have a spell and try to find some goal kicking form in the VFL?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back