Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Need to replace that player watch pic of ford in vfl jumper with pic of ford giving the bird
Interesting that Derm had a bit of a crack at him about that.

Reckons you’d only do that to rub salt in the wounds when you’re winning, not immediately after you’ve made a blue to give off vibes that you don’t care.

Interesting that Derm had a bit of a crack at him about that.

Reckons you’d only do that to rub salt in the wounds when you’re winning
I think dermie still believes that you should stomp on somebody's head when you are losing.

Last edited:
While we're at it @admins, can we please add a sentence or two after his name in the thread title?

Something along the lines of "17 poss. 2G1B plus one finger and 3 tons of swagger v. GoDees"
Bring back Eddie Mazda.

Fantastic game by Eddie. Never fails to have an influence and has a definite X-factor.

There is one thing I find very frustrating, and this just my own take, but I feel he tends to stop and prop when he gets the ball along the wing and around the ground. Not confident to take risks with his kicking right now and for mine is one of the culprits for when we slow the play to our disadvantage. So many times I wanted him to go fast but he went slow.

Absolute huge piece of our future however. Extend his contract now.
I'll take a little bit of Eddie's slow down over the Kayne hand flap wanting the world to stop for him. Used to drive me berserk...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take a little bit of Eddie's slow down over the Kayne hand flap wanting the world to stop for him. Used to drive me berserk...

Good call Roy, I remember your debut game, we had kicked 10 straight against Geelong and you kicked a point, in fairness you did become a very handy BP player lol.

Fantastic game by Eddie. Never fails to have an influence and has a definite X-factor.

There is one thing I find very frustrating, and this just my own take, but I feel he tends to stop and prop when he gets the ball along the wing and around the ground. Not confident to take risks with his kicking right now and for mine is one of the culprits for when we slow the play to our disadvantage. So many times I wanted him to go fast but he went slow.

Absolute huge piece of our future however. Extend his contract now.
And you don't see that he is playing to instruction? This is clearly a part of the game plan tweak that has had such a significant impact on our results since the bye.

Good call Roy, I remember your debut game, we had kicked 10 straight against Geelong and you kicked a point, in fairness you did become a very handy BP player lol.
Roy Ramsay kicked 11.8 for his entire career, kicking his first behind in 1981 in his 48th game.

In Roy Ramsay's 2nd game (his first was against Melbourne), we played Geelong, kicking 3.2 to quarter time, and being 10.5 at half time.

I did want it all to be true, that's why I looked it up.

Roy Ramsay kicked 11.8 for his entire career, kicking his first behind in 1981 in his 48th game.

In Roy Ramsay's 2nd game (his first was against Melbourne), we played Geelong, kicking 3.2 to quarter time, and being 10.5 at half time.

Phil Baker
Gary Cowton
Roy Ramsay
Corey McKernan
the 4 that stick out in my mind returning.

Be a few more back in the old, old VFL days. Mastermind

Gees not bad though it was all from memory and I was 13 at the time.

I remember the wireless was on in the kitchen, Ma was a mad North fan

Good times :)

In a consistently race with squizzy.

Yeah I'm liking Taylor since his return, and a switched on Eddie is 100% a fantastic replacement for Zurhaar, I said recently, we have Curtis, Duursma ( is the Thomas replacement- just you wait and see) Ford.

We are fine for med fwds, I love Cam , but yeah, Eddie could be anything. Not sure who'd answer a question first if Eddie and JHFF were ever on sale of the century together.

There would be a bit of snorting I'd suggest.

oh well

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford - re-signed until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back