Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

Remove this Banner Ad

DOCKER REWARDED FOR FORM​

COREY Wagner will remain at Fremantle for at least two more seasons after securing a contract extension this month.

The 27-year-old has resurrected his AFL career at the Dockers and is now contracted in Perth until the end of 2026.

Wagner has played the past six games for Justin Longmuir's side and eight since returning in round 11, which has followed a calf injury at the start of the year, for a total of 17 across his first two seasons at Fremantle.

The Queenslander earned another chance at Fremantle via pick No.57 in the 2022 AFL Draft after playing eight games for North Melbourne between 2016 and 2017 and then 11 for Melbourne across 2019 and 2020.

Wagner has twice gone back to the VFL in a bid to get back into the system, firstly with Casey before landing at the Demons via the pre-season supplemental selection period, before the Dockers plucked the defender from Port Melbourne.

Now the Aspley product has his future secured for a couple more years. – Josh Gabelich

It's occasionally baffling to see which players manage to somehow create a career when I initially thought they had sweet f all hope after we churned through them. Good on him.
Speaks to the commitment of the player. I always thought Corey was a boy playing against men when he was at North but presumably he’s developed a body to match his talent.

If you had of told me that from the later stages of that 2015 draft haul, that Corey Wagner was the one that went on to have the longest career I would've told you you were dreaming....

Ryan Clarke
Mitch Hibberd
Corey Wagner
Declan Mountford

Bloody well we should've done better out of that haul.

If you had of told me that from the later stages of that 2015 draft haul, that Corey Wagner was the one that went on to have the longest career I would've told you you were dreaming....

Ryan Clarke
Mitch Hibberd
Corey Wagner
Declan Mountford

Bloody well we should've done better out of that haul.
I thought his fumbling, height and lack of a weapon would stop him. Surprised indeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #41: Corey Wagner - #43 '15 National Draft - 8 NM games - one Snapchat scandal - thanks Wags

Remove this Banner Ad

Back