AFL Player #41: Saad El-Hawli - Signs on for 2025! - 14/8

Remove this Banner Ad

In just his second game El Hawli established himself in the best 22. I don't even reckon it's close. He impacts in a way most Essendon listed players can't.
Hello Miss El Hawli.

In just his second game El Hawli established himself in the best 22. I don't even reckon it's close. He impacts in a way most Essendon listed players can't.
The cat like anticipation was impressive that enabled him to kick a few goals. Was going for his fifth when he got injured - could have ended up with a bag in the ressies we haven't seen for a while. Not necessarily saying he is best 22 would need a greater viewing but wouldn't delist - 10 others that could go before him.

Mid season draft pick off a 6-8 week ankle injury?
Nah putting him in the seniors isn't doing him any favours.
Get couple games at VFL then maybe against Brisbane when the seasons dead, at least set him up to succeed

Mid season draft pick off a 6-8 week ankle injury?
Nah putting him in the seniors isn't doing him any favours.
Get couple games at VFL then maybe against Brisbane when the seasons dead, at least set him up to succeed

Straight in against Brisbane at the Gabba.

Sounds like a setup for success.

Straight in against Brisbane at the Gabba.

Sounds like a setup for success.

Well it's not "straight" in because he would have had at least a little ramp, I only meant if you were going to play him at all in seniors and the seasons dead that's the game you would do it and just say go have at it, hence the maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May play VFL this week New
Just sign him up for next year and get a full professional preseason into him for the first time in his life.

I would love him up forward, plus that academy kid we're in line for. Play Perkins and Stringer as mid/forwards and Martin as forward. We'd finally have some spark up there to go with Caddy, Langford and Bryan/2MP (we can only play 2MP if we have one ruck).

Give Hind one more year in defense and play an elite user of the ball back there. Hind can replace the dash of Martin, but have an elite ball user who doesn't turn it over like Martin.

I think El-Hawli has a place in our future.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #41: Saad El-Hawli - Signs on for 2025! - 14/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back