Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - [NMFC.com] - KD signs a 1-yr extension - Roo until end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t mind it despite copping the week. Sort of prick thing his coach would have loved circa the golden years.
Normally I wouldn't agree, but yeah, he clearly wasn't moving fast enough to do any actual damage. I'm actually annoyed he's not playing next week though, our backline looks much better when he does.

Bit disappointed in this.

We've finally looked slightly settled down back (strange thing to say after conceding 80 points in the second half on Sunday).

It's definitely helped not having Sheezel, Fisher and McKercher all down there and having the likes of Archer and Dawson instead there.

It's disappointing from the point of view we get Logue back in a week or two and this has the potential to destabilise the small stability we have achieved since the bye.

We've looked AFL standard in defence for the first time this year, there's still issues in transition, but we've defended better.

Should have used that patented Carlton garbage.
Just use the McKay defence.

If you look at the still first contact is to the shoulder and then it slips up.

Let’s be honest there is no integrity in the game, so why bother? Outcomes are determined on Membership bases and the impact to AFL financials.

I have no problem with the suspension, but I will have a problem when a player from a big club does this exact same thing and is cleared.

FFS Cripps polaxed a bloke and got off.

Yeah, relly bad timing. He just got his touch back after the injury and the backline has looked the most settled its been in a long time. I'd say we just play Pink back there for this week.

Yeah, relly bad timing. He just got his touch back after the injury and the backline has looked the most settled its been in a long time. I'd say we just play Pink back there for this week.
l would leave Pink in the forward line as as shown by last weeks game the forward line actually started to gel. maybe bring in Hardeman for another game .

l would leave Pink in the forward line as as shown by last weeks game the forward line actually started to gel. maybe bring in Hardeman for another game .
Maybe Maley or Sellers in for Dawson and Pink back ... I dunno I like the idea of Hardeman too. Dees rely on medium forwards a fair bit, especially Fritsch.

I reckon we need three tall defenders vs Melbourne

I reckon we need three tall defenders vs Melbourne
l think we need to start being proactive than reactive. We have been crying out for a functioning forward line and it looks like we have finally started to assemble one. l would start with Hardeman down back and if it looks like Pink needs to go there then do it but dont start him there. Maybe bring in Sellers or Duursma also .

l think we need to start being proactive than reactive. We have been crying out for a functioning forward line and it looks like we have finally started to assemble one. l would start with Hardeman down back and if it looks like Pink needs to go there then do it but dont start him there. Maybe bring in Sellers or Duursma also .
I don't see Pink as part of the functioning forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean we did just kick the highest score we have in a half for like 15 years.

so he clearly contributes even if only structurally.
That score was achieved to a large degree thanks to midfield dominance and pressure for a half and a bit, Sheezel moving to mid/forward role and Teakle inclusion more so than anything that Pink provides down there IMO. He does compete, I'll give him that but that is what you would ask of anyone at this level. However, his goal kicking is so bad that having him down there is never going to be effective. He is only there because for the moment nobody else has put their hand up at this stage.

One could argue that even Cooper Harvey (despite his size does play tall) could be a better option

That score was achieved to a large degree thanks to midfield dominance and pressure for a half and a bit, Sheezel moving to mid/forward role and Teakle inclusion more so than anything that Pink provides down there IMO. He does compete, I'll give him that but that is what you would ask of anyone at this level. However, his goal kicking is so bad that having him down there is never going to be effective. He is only there because for the moment nobody else has put their hand up at this stage.

One could argue that even Cooper Harvey (despite his size does play tall) could be a better option
Is his goal kicking that bad though? Slotted a less than ideal angle shot for goal.

Pink is also making intercept defenders earn the ball. He's hitting packs like we should be.

Is his goal kicking that bad though? Slotted a less than ideal angle shot for goal.

Pink is also making intercept defenders earn the ball. He's hitting packs like we should be.
He didn't slot it. It flew in like a bag of potatoes

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - [NMFC.com] - KD signs a 1-yr extension - Roo until end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back