Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - [NMFC.com] - KD signs a 1-yr extension - Roo until end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a bad day. Not the end of the world as he's still pretty inexperienced. Didn't help that he spent most of the day playing as the #1 key defender when in reality, he's a third tall at best.
Got zero help up the ground as well.

Once the Dogs got it out, no one got near them. Horrible to watch it unfold.

Had a bad day. Not the end of the world as he's still pretty inexperienced. Didn't help that he spent most of the day playing as the #1 key defender when in reality, he's a third tall at best.

He was on a hiding to nothing having to fill in for Chom versus footy’s forward version of Robert Wadlow.

IMG_7054.jpeg

Usually it’d be Chom trying to spoil with Logue bumping him off balance.

We also pretty glaringly needed rebounding defenders and foot skills
I dunno if you've watched him play but he has both those qualities. He can run off the hbf and delivery the ball with quality. Most of highlights involve him doing just that.

but...

Since Tarrant left the non stop refrain has been "we need more KPDs" to the point where we ended up getting in Biggie and Toby Pink to cover the position. And we've thirty back flankers on the list for the last 250 years.

He was playing on someone six inches taller who had brilliant delivery from a midfield under no pressure at all. Poor bastard.

I dunno if you've watched him play but he has both those qualities. He can run off the hbf and delivery the ball with quality. Most of highlights involve him doing just that.

but...

Since Tarrant left the non stop refrain has been "we need more KPDs" to the point where we ended up getting in Biggie and Toby Pink to cover the position. And we've thirty back flankers on the list for the last 250 years.
Ferbs I think that was the point Doc was making we actually needed a player like Kal. Well that’s the way I interpreted the post anyway.

Ferbs I think that was the point Doc was making we actually needed a player like Kal. Well that’s the way I interpreted the post anyway.
Maybe but it was pretty clear Ambrosius had the potential to be a very good rebounding defender too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can say and while I'm not mad on excuses, he's suffering groin troubles and shouldn't have played he couldn't kick 40 metres. Don't know why we do this, some players are good enough when not fit, others just aren't.

I can say and while I'm not mad on excuses, he's suffering groin troubles and shouldn't have played he couldn't kick 40 metres. Don't know why we do this, some players are good enough when not fit, others just aren't.
Maybe we thought that was preferable to having his brother get used as a launch pad.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Maybe we thought that was preferable to having his brother get used as a launch pad.

Yeah his brother aye, hope he plays next week, but think it will be Pink who comes in.
Could be a world record next week.

How many did Buddy kick against us in Tassie under Scott, which had repercussions for years fwiw.

Yeah his brother aye, hope he plays next week, but think it will be Pink who comes in.
Could be a world record next week.

How many did Buddy kick against us in Tassie under Scott, which had repercussions for years fwiw.
Hawthorn could lose a few to injury. Will Day won't play. We should respond after last week and fight it out

Speaking of "Brothers" on Sunday Huddo said "Miller Bergman, brother of Miles" do these commentators do any research?

Not sure we'll play Sheez, and we lost a few as well. Will will risk larkey, oh and if it's horrid weather, we may not score.

Cripes
By way of a response I don't mean winning the game, but at least to get back to the effort we've seen since the bye

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - [NMFC.com] - KD signs a 1-yr extension - Roo until end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back