Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Athlete rather than a footballer. Exposed AFL form was terrible and I fail to see how that has changed in 6 months.

He is the polar opposite of Xerri too with regards to his physicality.

Did he nominate an 18 month contract if so, that’s pretty shit.

Believe it is six months.

Clearly a vote of no confidence in Free.

Some of our keener eyes are not sold but if X went down it would be a calamity.

I'd be pumping a mini preseason over next 4 weeks and see if he can come in and help us structure up.

“Mini preseason”….mate East Freo would probably outwork our blokes. Unless you mean he’s to run a preseason…..

Believe it is six months.
I saw 18months
Need to go find it again tho, from draft board for starters

I couldn't find anything official. Apparently these blokes nominated 18 months (may be others as well):

Felix Flockhart
Max Hall
Jack Hutchinson
Remy McLean
Will McLachlan
Milan Murdock
Toby Murray
Geordie Payne
Jasper Scaife
Oscar Smartt
Iliro Smit
Phoenix Spicer
Frank Szekely
Brynn Teakle

These players undertook medicals (in other words, at least two clubs requested it):

Luke Beecken (Woodville-West Torrens)
Jacob Blight (Peel Thunder)
Corey Ellison (Williamstown)
Caleb Ernst (Coburg)
Max Hall (Box Hill)
Ben Hopkins (Dandenong Stingrays)
Noah Howes (South Adelaide)
Jack Hutchinson (Collingwood VFL)
Ajang Kuol mun (Geelong VFL)
Matt Ling (Norwood)
Remy Maclean (Eastern Ranges)
Will McLachlan (Geelong Falcons)
Toby Murray (Adelaide SANFL)
Tobyn Murray (Geelong VFL)
Will Patton (West Adelaide)
Geordie Payne (Tasmania Devils)
Joe Pike (Geelong Falcons)
Kelsey Rypstra (North Adelaide)
Jasper Scaife (West Perth)
Oskar Smartt (Essendon VFL)
Illiro Smit (Eastern Ranges)
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle)
Dayten Uerata (Bendigo Pioneers)
Lachlan Voss (Sandringham Dragons)

Clearly a vote of no confidence in Free.

Some of our keener eyes are not sold but if X went down it would be a calamity.

I'd be pumping a mini preseason over next 4 weeks and see if he can come in and help us structure up.
We were rolling the dice with regards rucks. If X goes down, the choice was Free or Greenwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Missed the recent game vs Subi where he kicked 3 goals (but only 3 marks for the game against a poor, & short, Subiaco) but hope he's on an upward trajectory and still yet to hit his straps.

Welcome, and kick arse, Brynn 'Tuffas' Teakle.

20 disp and 5 marks in the state game. Any clips floating around?
Sadly got out rucked by a SA ruckman called Amos......and also shared the ruck honours v EP ruck Jedd Edward's and v Perth's Josh Edwards in the WAFL the last fortnight....two lesser lights of the WAFL comp.....and I am an East Freo supporter.... congrats to Brynn on a 2nd life line....but ain't no better than what you have already in Hamish Free, who dominated in the 'WAFL for SF, before North drafted him.

"We loved the fact that after meeting him, he was so desperate for another crack, he spoke about some learnings that he had taken out from his brief time in the system. And he put into place things he needed to work on. So couldn't be more happy to give Brynn a second chance. Think he can provide some ruck depth and also a little bit of key forward stuff. That's certainly improved, he can present and can bring the ball to the ground. Probably gives us cover in both positions" - Will Thursfield on afl.com.au

"We loved the fact that after meeting him, he was so desperate for another crack, he spoke about some learnings that he had taken out from his brief time in the system. And he put into place things he needed to work on. So couldn't be more happy to give Brynn a second chance. Think he can provide some ruck depth and also a little bit of key forward stuff. That's certainly improved, he can present and can bring the ball to the ground. Probably gives us cover in both positions" - Will Thursfield on afl.com.au
He’ll be playing ones before you know it. That relief ruck / can almost play forward role is right in our wheelhouse. The perfect CCJ replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back