Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Im a massive wrap for this bloke.

Seriously love his inclusion. I dont think it's a coincidence that we start playing better footy when we have a clear forward structure with him in. Whilst Larks got dominated by May it was generally a 1on1 and not the usual 2 on 1 Larkey has to deal with.

His clean hands, moves like a 180cm player at 200 is insane and presents well makes him an outstanding pickup for a mid season draft pick.

The vision of the ht scuffle was amusing.

Brynn just mosies on in there like he could **** shit up any second, but chooses not too. Bowey was about to get into it, saw the size of Teakle and thought better of it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
I was waiting for blackshadow daughter to get into it

Shoutout for this guy, I've really enjoyed his contribution so far.

While Larkey is in somewhat of a trough, more opportunities are being generated when we do go to contests because of Brynn as an extra legitimate target.

Just having a big guy presenting at the right/place time created the chance for PC to kick his great goal.

Brynn also took thar great contested mark in his own right and kicked a great long goal.

This is no CCJ. Game 3 for us and opposition will have to respect him as a forward target, knowing he can move around and clunk them.

When he goes in the ruck he's a legitimate option, doesn't get shoved around and can tap it creatively. Similar team role to 2013 Majak.

His agility allows him to catch opponents and compete on the ground too, goes when it's his turn. Plus finds a little bit of the ball.

Lots to build on, nice early signs dont automatically translate to a grand career. But I'm really pleased so far with his contribution to the team as a whole.

He's one of the worst players I've ever seen.

He was so bad we opted to go for no ruck, sam Hayes, or a teenage Dante visentini.

It's an absolute head scratcher that he's got another shot, but I guess that happens sometimes for guys 200cm tall.
He just didn’t want to play for Port, I don’t blame him.

Regards,
Ligma

Loved the jumper grab in front of us in aisle 31, after kicking his goal.
Well and truly invested in the club and determined to make the most of his opportunity is Brynn.
In reality hand on heart can’t ask more of this guy . He’s been very good so far . Gives it his all & has helped our structure heaps .
I’m not sure if he’s a long term answer in our forward line but for the time being he is the best we’ve had for a long time.
Not hard but He has already gone passed CJ .

In reality hand on heart can’t ask more of this guy . He’s been very good so far . Gives it his all & has helped our structure heaps .
I’m not sure if he’s a long term answer in our forward line but for the time being he is the best we’ve had for a long time.
Not hard but He has already gone passed CJ .
I agree with you there, not sure he's a long term option. But love his attitude and know that he'll do everything he can, to get the best out of himself. Time will tell if it's enough to hold a spot long term.

Brynn's miles better than CCJ. Doubt he ever plays 1's again and would consider paying out the last year of his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very good foil for xerri, also with the added benefit of shoring up fwd structure which free up zurhaar or whoever replaces him to thrive.
Lol, suspended dude! Presume admin got sick of your ongoing Stephenson into the middle posts!!!

Quieter first half but got going in the second half.

Been very impressed with his mitts and also his skills (especially split second handballs) for someone of his size.

Looks like a role for him going forward.

At the ground he looked like he hurt himself quite badly right in the last 5-10 mins. But I have seen nothing about it since. Assume that means he is okay??

Shoutout for this guy, I've really enjoyed his contribution so far.

While Larkey is in somewhat of a trough, more opportunities are being generated when we do go to contests because of Brynn as an extra legitimate target.

Just having a big guy presenting at the right/place time created the chance for PC to kick his great goal.

Brynn also took thar great contested mark in his own right and kicked a great long goal.

This is no CCJ. Game 3 for us and opposition will have to respect him as a forward target, knowing he can move around and clunk them.

When he goes in the ruck he's a legitimate option, doesn't get shoved around and can tap it creatively. Similar team role to 2013 Majak.

His agility allows him to catch opponents and compete on the ground too, goes when it's his turn. Plus finds a little bit of the ball.

Lots to build on, nice early signs dont automatically translate to a grand career. But I'm really pleased so far with his contribution to the team as a whole.
Since his inclusion, all of a sudden, we have crumbing goals. We need a lightning quick goal sneak, but our ground ball has improved immensely since the bye.

Since his inclusion, all of a sudden, we have crumbing goals. We need a lightning quick goal sneak, but our ground ball has improved immensely since the bye.

Yep, it's pretty undeniable. Pink did well to bring the ball to ground for Zurhaar's first goal too. Finally some forward structure, imagine if Larkey was getting amongst it too...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back