Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you keep both Teakle and Pink because it disrupts the zone defence flow most teams run (incl. Melbourne this week).

Don't change a formula that is working.

100%.

The structure freed up Larkey the best and allowed both Pink and Teakle to get goals of their own. It's working. Don't mess with it.

With teakle, there's no need for Pink at all now. I'd rather a goal threat
Yep another benefit of teakle
Get Duursma in

Gives 2 kpf
HF: Duursma Teakle Ford
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar

The other option you raised is to keep 3 talls structure but replace pink with sellers a goal kicker at vfl level I don’t mind either but prefer smaller

Yep another benefit of teakle
Get Duursma in

Gives 2 kpf
HF: Duursma Teakle Ford
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar

The other option you raised is to keep 3 talls structure but replace pink with sellers a goal kicker at vfl level I don’t mind either but prefer smaller
Not a Pink fan?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was a little surprised when I looked at the stats and noticed he only took three marks, I thought he took a few more than that. What he did do was compete in the air and it just felt like the number of intercept marks halved compared to previous games and Collingwood found it more difficult to rebound out of attacking 50.

The three talls of Larkey, Teakle and Pink worked well I thought, and I hope Clarko sticks with it for a few more weeks at least.

Did we look a different side with Teaks in it? ;)

He played with confidence, looked mobile & athletic, good in the air and competed well with the ball on the ground and in dispute. Those handballs in tight & under the pump to release a team mate were well above 'scrapper' level.

He freed up Larkey so well and was able to give big X a chop out for periods. Fitted in beautifully. Must persist.

He is like a wish.com version of Luke Jackson, its epic.

Only one game but many I speak too like him already. The question begs how did we pick him up in a mid season draft ? Hopefully a late bloomer that can really help us going forward.
Also begs the question how many players are not playing AFL who should be.

CCJ wound be happy with Teakles stats for an entire year.

Was nervous with all the reports of his time at Port being nothing but a mega potato, but maybe the Forward Ruck role is more suited to his skill set than predominantly rucking.

I won’t get too excited, because Biggie actually played ok on his first game before turning into Mr Potato.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also begs the question how many players are not playing AFL who should be.
Plenty I would say . A lot of players are lucky in life just like any industry and get put forward as draftees often because of who they know and also because of where they come from . I am sure there are a number who don’t have this luxury and just give up trying to make it .

Plenty I would say . A lot of players are lucky in life just like any industry and get put forward as draftees often because of who they know and also because of where they come from . I am sure there are a number who don’t have this luxury and just give up trying to make it .
You’ve just described the advantage of privilege of our society perfectly.

Who was lined up on him for most of the game? I don't recall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back