Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

CCJ might be a different player with how we play now. Just sayin
I’m not sure we can play the way we do now with CCJ in the side?

For one he gets in Larkey’s way and constantly draws his opponent to the wrong spots, secondly his marking is shithouse and thirdly he is non-existent when the ball hits the deck.

CCJ is not Northball friendly.

I guess you can’t write anyone off while they are still on a list, but this guy is going to have to pull a son of god to rise from the dead.

For one he gets in Larkey’s way and constantly draws his opponent to the wrong spots, secondly his marking is shithouse and thirdly he is non-existent when the ball hits the deck.

I guess you can’t write anyone off while they are still on a list, but this guy is going to have to pull a son of god to rise from the dead.
Ccj will struggle to get a game now that Brynn has shown what he has

CCJ might be a different player with how we play now. Just sayin

We have two players with achillies injuries this year. IMHO we will be lucky if one of them goes on the have a meaningful career.

CCJ may be a different player with how we are playing.
CCJ may be completely cooked from his injury.
The outcome could be anything.

Brynn continues doing what he's doing and he will be hard to move out of the side. He wouldn't be the first KPF in line to be dropped anyway.

Agreed

But cj better than pink

Cj second ruck

Teakle mainly forward

Much more dangerous with teakle and larkey forward than pink and larkey

Pink is that much better than CCJ it's not even funny

Pink is better in bringing the ball to ground in marking contests, better at covering the ground, better skill wise. Pretty much better in every aspect. He's probably not a long term solution, but way better than CCJ. And CCJ is rubbish in the ruck compared to Teakle.

In the game where he did his achilles he had already spoilt two relatively straightforward marks by teammates that would have given us gettable set shots. His game awareness was awful. Not only did he drag his opponent into a contest he should have been leading them away from, but he was also the one who actively spoilt his own teammates' marks.

Coming from a long way back if he is ever to play seniors again.

Teakle showing he could have a real future in the second ruck/third big forward role. We still need a second genuine key forward to replace pink.

Teakle showing he could have a real future in the second ruck/third big forward role. We still need a second genuine key forward to replace pink.
I know he came to us with the intention of settling down in the backline, but I reckon in the short term Logue may have to play that role, as it's the only way back in to the side currently. Going forward I reckon Will Dawson will be reprogrammed as a key forward.

In the game where he did his achilles he had already spoilt two relatively straightforward marks by teammates that would have given us gettable set shots. His game awareness was awful. Not only did he drag his opponent into a contest he should have been leading them away from, but he was also the one who actively spoilt his own teammates' marks.

Coming from a long way back if he is ever to play seniors again.

Collingwood won a flag with Mohicek and Frampton playing KPF.

As long as your forward line functions, you don’t need two dominating key forwards.

As long as your forward line functions, you don’t need two dominating key forwards.

Fair point, although I think Mihocek is a very good player. I would be very happy to have him alongside Larkey.

It is possible to win without two genuine dominant key forwards, but it would be easier to do so with them.

Fair point, although I think Mihocek is a very good player. I would be very happy to have him alongside Larkey.

It is possible to win without two genuine dominant key forwards, but it would be easier to do so with them.
You absolutely need one, Mihocek being Collingwood’s.

Carlton and Geelong are probably the only sides with two genuine star KPF’s in the one forward line.

Dogs maybe another, but depends what you classify as a star I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Collingwood and Melbourne had high quality, high scoring forwards. Fritsch kicked six goals and Bobby Hill kicked four.

All Frampron and Mihocek needed to do was provide a target and halve the contest or be a decoy. Same with Brown and Tom McDonald.

If we play in a GF in a few years watch Paul Curtis...

Both Collingwood and Melbourne had high quality, high scoring forwards. Fritsch kicked six goals and Bobby Hill kicked four.

All Frampron and Mihocek needed to do was provide a target and halve the contest or be a decoy. Same with Brown and Tom McDonald.

If we play in a GF in a few years watch Paul Curtis...
It really depends on how you play.

If you’re a slower ball movement side, then quality contested marking KPFs are a necessity.

But if you move the ball faster, to less contests, then more agile forwards will get the job done.

Carlton and Geelong are probably the only sides with two genuine star KPF’s in the one forward line.

I suggest a star KPF these days is kicking minimum 50 goals in a full season.

Cox may not be a great player, but he can hurt you if you don't respect him enough.

Still think we need another genuine key forward. Not necessarily a star but at least a sold contributor.

Cox may not be a great player, but he can hurt you if you don't respect him enough.

Still think we need another genuine key forward. Not necessarily a star but at least a sold contributor.
Will Dawson

I know he came to us with the intention of settling down in the backline, but I reckon in the short term Logue may have to play that role, as it's the only way back in to the side currently. Going forward I reckon Will Dawson will be reprogrammed as a key forward.
I'd be very surprised if Logue plays forward. The club has a history of playing players who are coming back from ACL injuries behind the ball, Sausage is a very recent example of this.

Easier to run straight at the ball when you're playing in defence and much less twisting and turning involved than playing forward.

I suspect that the club would be reluctant to do this with Logue anyway but particularly given that Sausage did his ACL again when moved forward.

Not the worst choice, in his draft highlights Dawson had show then ability to take a speccy. Thats not natural to many talls.

The Teakster has at least 4 inches on every Swans defender except Blakey and I can't see those two matching up.

If there's ever a match where you want to play a 204cm footballer who can jump and catch it deep against an undersized defence on an undersized ground- it's today.

Let's ask questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back