Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

He and Pink could each do a bit more but I am convinced that they have both improved the team. I'm sure that almost everybody saw the need for a couple of big guys to fill some spots. A full preseason with the team and coaches could deliver even more team improvement next season you'd expect.
We were litterally scraping the bottom of the preverbial barrel. Remember it wasnt to long ago we had ccj and biggie running round in the ones.

Really? I didn't realise it was a name.

It means at the lowest point and is also the lowest point below an observer in an orbit.
The name means: Rare, unique; Precious, valuable

I watched him closely on Saturday and there were plenty of moments he was either wide open or in a one on one in a promising position but he was still ignored by the kicker with the kick often going to Larkey who had 2 blokes on him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched him closely on Saturday and there were plenty of moments he was either wide open or in a one on one in a promising position but he was still ignored by the kicker with the kick often going to Larkey who had 2 blokes on him

Yeah on multiple occasions he'd got to the right spots and was open only for the kicks to go to a well covered Larkey.

Which is disappointing, it makes the whole system work harder when we are just so predictable.

There should be focus on this during the review. Kick it to the free player make the defence work harder.

Brynn has earned the Forward/Ruck spot and it should be his until someone performs better to take it off him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And developing the vision to see more than one key target, is one of the major aspects of our game that requires serious work. Too often this year as the team has won the ball more often, it has been kicked to opposition intercept markers, who have thwarted what might have been goal scoring opportunities. We are not of course the Robinson Crusoe of the competition in this, but we are certainly well qualified to take a podium position in these Olympic times.

Big fan. Reckon his seamless entry into the senior side still doesn't get it's due credit.

We needed a 2nd ruck who can take a contested mark, kick goals and provide some energy and we got it in spades with this bloke.

He is not averaging big possession numbers, but he is doing something we haven't had until he came in, being able to offer an alternative tall target to Nick, is averaging just under a goal a game and as you said provides a good 2nd ruck chop out to Xerri. Which also means that Nick doesn't have to go into centre bounces like he used to on a number of occasions.

He has been ok. Nothing more, nothing less. Could be doing more and does go missing but also has had some good moments and can take a contested mark.

I prefer him to Pink and CCJ as he can help Xerri more.

Any sort of judgement on him as a 2026 prospect (whether positive or negative) is premature at this stage.

He's ok at this stage, probably a poor mans Ben Max King.

Happy we got him and just hope he can work with Larks and not against each other. Not much to get excited about when you blow a 5 goal lead against a fellow battler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #43: Brynn Teakle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back