Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 13: Make America Golf Again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShanDog

Cancelled
Podcaster
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice

The level of vitriol and frankly toxic culture in this thread is getting out of hand. As such, the thread will be monitored actively for posters who drag down the quality of posting for all others, and they will have their access to the thread removed.

Further, reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed. Much like other tropes of that nature, they serves as a conversational barrier and fall-back point for people to simply sling mud. That's unacceptable.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging me! Winner announced when I get around to it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry but I'm not sure what point this makes?

This is some straight news reporting about Trump being briefed on the investigation. Who is saying Trump should intervene to ensure charges are laid?

Right. But that's not the same as saying Trump should intervene and use the power of his office to make sure the cop who killed George Floyd gets charged and put away. Are people suggesting Trump should suspend due process? I haven't seen that.

That's not a reflection on Obama. Or the facts, frankly.

If people who already dislike Obama then find themselves hating him even more just because they see him being praised on TV, what's he meant to do about that?

This is a very general critique.

I'm not sure what you wanted Obama to be.

I just think you are comparing him to an ideal that doesn't exist and then bellyaching that he didn't meet this impossible standard.

A more realistic account would compare Obama to McCain, Romney, Trump et al.

Given the alternatives, I am definitely cool with a sane, decent centrist who is broadly liberal on social issues and is led by facts and science and observable reality when making policy.

Who did Obama "knife"?
You are acting as if it needs to be spelled out to you. After it looked like Derek Chauvin was going to get off after 'additional video evidence' there was rage toward Trump. I'm not digging up the Tweets/footage/articles as it's too far deep now. If you think nobody was talking about Trump then you're delusional.

You're lumping everything into one argument - nowhere did I say that was Obamas fault. I literally said his divisive factors weren't entirely his fault.

It's not a general critique, it's a completely rational assessment from someone who has no ties to either party. He passed basic policies, broke promises and dropped bombs - a typical US president. If you want a detailed analysis you can go through my posts and pick apart what I've said about his term instead of claiming this particular analysis is shallow. Jesus, even the most die-hard Democratic commentators are looking back on his term unfavourably now - listen to podcasts of guys like Jimmy Dore, Kyle Kulinski, even TYT & Shaun King have criticised him recently.

You only consider it an impossible standard because you accept the standard as it is. Whereas I believe if you build the most successful Presidential campaign selling hope like nobody has ever seen before, and voted into 2 terms by 2 landslides you should strive to be better than your predecessor.

This year Obama directly influenced the knifing of Bernie Sanders with primaries still to run - who had worked tirelessly to build a successful campaign off public donations. He'd been working for 4 years and was the favourite, again (not to mention Trump is shit scared of Sanders). Obama wanted Biden in and told Bernie to drop out.

I can't directly relate Obama to this but the 2016 primaries were rigged, given how tight tight tight clinton and obama are, I dare say he has his hands all over it. Jump on WikiLeaks and have a read if you are interested.

This your guy, turning the army on the citizenry. How does that make you feel?

How do you come to this conclusion? He is protecting the citizens and their business but arresting those causing destruction and damage. How is this not a good thing?

What a warped mentality.

Nope.
you are not allowed to protest at all.

You are. You just just not allowed to cause destruction and loot. How is this hard to understand?

How do you come to this conclusion? He is protecting the citizens and their business but arresting those causing destruction and damage. How is this not a good thing?

What a warped mentality.

How do you protect citizens by rage tweeting? Or by holding a bible?

Ol bone spurs is pathetic.

How do you protect citizens by rage tweeting? Or by holding a bible?

Ol bone spurs is pathetic.

Deflection 101. Is protecting the citizens by having their neighbourhoods saved from destruction and looting a bad thing.

Trump acknowledged the peaceful protesters and said their peaceful protests were valid. It is the destructive element he wants to stop.

Not sure how setting an historic church alight or defacing the Lincoln Memorial us beneficial for anyone's cause.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the National Guard and USA Military really up for turning on their own?

Also, to all our conservative friends isn't this exact event - the government turning on the people - what you have been rallying against all these years?
Military I doubt it. Governors have to request that help.

National guard tends to be more local and much more closely rooted in the community. Hopefully they'd be less inclined to be heavy handed and would have personal relationships with some in crowds.

So peaceful protesters are acceptable collateral damage?

Where it mentioned that collateral damage acceptable? You all have your outrage meters set to 11.
If you are being peaceful I think you'll be fine. If your throwing bricks or smashing up a kerb to throw at police you might be in trouble.

No ones forcing them to be there some 6 days after the fact. What and why are they protesting still? A crime was committed and the perp arrested.
(a) The other three haven't been arrested
(b) It's obviously now turned into protests about far deeper problems in US society

I'd be gently reminding the protesters that it's not just white guys with thick necks and small dicks that have 2nd Amendment rights.
Because you want people shooting at each other, exponentially increasing the number of deaths?

So, why did they move on with tear gas, mostly white protesters in DC. Prior to curfew, families.

You need to read up on how the violent protesters co-ordinate and operate.

a lot in here don't seem to understand that the anarchists are causing quite a lot of damage. they ruined the protests in a chunk of the cities.

prob shouldn't have tear gassed the park to get to church though lol
Whilst there are some anarchists causing a lot of damage, I think people do understand it is happening and recognize its more opportunists. I think what is being overplayed is lumping all the anarchists to one particular group (i.e. ANTIFA) and making it a partisan issue. Looters and destructive elements are those embracing opportunism which is not a partisan matter.

Problem now is the establishment are at risk of not recognizing the difference between those anarchists and protesters then applying the same tactic to inflame the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back