Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging Gethelred! Congrats to Nikita Blue for our new thread title!

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

< - Trump Part 18 is back there.
UPDATE: Trump Shooter named.

Last edited by a moderator:

Would you support Biden in using these powers to remove members of the SC and reinstate ones that are more in alignment with his views?
More in alignment with the people's views, you mean.

Rogue out of touch court, clear threat to democracy and the rule of law etc. Official act required to neutralise this threat to protect the country (don't need to execute, just remove/lock them up).

I'm being pretty facetious obviously but you get the idea. All going great over there lol

Last edited:
Particularly after the recent supreme court ruling, he could remove any judge he wanted to through executive order. Who could stop him?
The Constitution.

According to the Constitution which states that Justices "shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour."

In other words, until Impeached and dismissed (has happened, but rare), or they resign\retire.

An Executive Order contrary to the Constitution would not be a "Official Order" to be assigned immunity.

Nor would be ordering assassination(s).

The Constitution.

According to the Constitution which states that Justices "shall hold their Offices during good Behaviour."

In other words, until Impeached and dismissed (has happened, but rare), or they resign\retire.

An Executive Order contrary to the Constitution would not be a "Official Order" to be assigned immunity.

Nor would be ordering assassination(s).
The constitution is only words. How do words stop a president with the backing of the fabled seal team six? All that Biden has to do is judge for himself whether or not the supreme court has become a bad faith actor with respect of the constitution. Alito and Thomas definitely have.

The constitution is only words. How do words stop a president with the backing of the fabled seal team six? All that Biden has to do is judge for himself whether or not the supreme court has become a bad faith actor with respect of the constitution. Alito and Thomas definitely have.

Oath sworn by all US Military Members (myself included) on enlistment.
Seal Team 6 swears the same Oath on Enlistment.
Getting Military people to ignore the Constitution would be highly unlikely, especially unlawful orders.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

I would have thought execution might not be the most reasonable course of action.

Normally I’d agree with you on this. However these pieces of shit need handling.

Oath sworn by all US Military Members (myself included) on enlistment.
Seal Team 6 swears the same Oath on Enlistment.
Getting Military people to ignore the Constitution would be highly unlikely, especially unlawful orders.

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
I would think the oath would make it a matter of military conscience to decide if the supreme court placing Donald Trump above the law was constitutional. If not, they should feel a compulsion to obey the president when asked to peacefully retire a few rogue judges.

Would you support Biden in using these powers to remove members of the SC and reinstate ones that are more in alignment with his views?

Not so much his views. But judges that weren’t totally morally bankrupt arseholes would be nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally I’d agree with you on this. However these pieces of shit need handling.

Can you see how that will not solve anything?

If the Dems or the Left believe they are justified in a violent resolution or assassination, what do you think Trump/the Right will do?

This will be an incendiary dog whistle to plummet into a bloody civil war.

Biden can't do anything with SC Justices. The only way they can be removed is by impeachment which has no hope of going through.

The only thing he can do I think is increase the numbers so that they would be outvoted, say to 13 on the bench.

Biden can't do anything with SC Justices. The only way they can be removed is by impeachment which has no hope of going through.

The only thing he can do I think is increase the numbers so that they would be outvoted, say to 13 on the bench.
How do you think that would be recieved by the wider public? What stops trump doing the same if he gets into office?

I would think the oath would make it a matter of military conscience to decide if the supreme court placing Donald Trump above the law was constitutional. If not, they should feel a compulsion to obey the president when asked to peacefully retire a few rogue judges.
It is not the Military's position to question the Supreme Court decisions, it is a requirement to defend the Constitution.
It is compulsory to follow legal orders.

Reading posts here that Seal Team 6 will be sent to assassinate judges and political opponents is absurd to say the least.

How do you think that would be recieved by the wider public? What stops trump doing the same if he gets into office?
Apparently the wider public dont care

Nothing would stop a Republican president from doing it

FDR found the threat of it enough to pull the SC back into line

It is not the Military's position to question the Supreme Court decisions, it is a requirement to defend the Constitution.

Reading posts here that Seal Team 6 will be sent to assassinate judges and political opponents is absurd to say the least.
If you have sworn an oath to the constitution, when asked by your President, obviously it is your job to question supreme court decisions. Anyway won't tangle up with you anymore. All the best.

Trumps lawyer suggested in court

Not sure what you are asking.

Impeachment is nigh on impossible with the make up of the House and Senate.

Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back