Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used inflammatory language to several people on this site I'm sure, if they get clipped will I be suspected?
seems fair

just to clarify, what tom elliott i feel was suggesting was that biden likening trump to use of nazi language might perhaps you know trigger someone to take violent action. "but im not saying Biden is behind it....."

This is incredibly disingenuous. Business owners make more money by squeezing more work onto fewer shoulders and funnelling profits and wages into their own pockets. It's forever been thus.

Businesses become profitable from the gap between revenue and expenses (which include wages)

In the accounting field which I am in an employee is expected to make 3 times their annual salary for the year. So you can see squeezing money out of employees is not the most profitable way of making money, adding more employees is. But of course business owners are tightasses and do sometimes take advantage of their employees unjustly.

You may disagree but do you have any facts to back up your argument.

Here is an article about the record buybacks that followed Trump’s tax cuts.

And here is Trump criticizing companies for doing exactly that.

I believe it was about 4 Trillion spent on share buy backs... just pocket money.

Shame that Trump will be President for both the Fifa World Cup (2026) and Olympics (2028), which would naturally be great reasons to visit the US.

Who knows what the country will look like then.

Any time i've been to the USA , the president has somehow avoided me.

Debt in isolation is not an effective measure on assessing how good a president was economically.

You have to look at what was the debt used for, how much business it brought in etc.

The Trump tax cuts brought in businesses the were leaving due to Obamas high taxes and costly red tape expenses.

Anyone that has small businesses would understand this.

This sounds like typical LNP spin that doesn't really add up in reality.

Small business in particular isn't living and dying on taxes, it's revenue. The more money in the hands of the people who'll spend it (poorer people as opposed to richer ones) the better for small business.

Trumps taxes actually fall in line with how we are taxed here (which is still considered high worldwide) it’s not an extreme damaging policy for the country that solely benefits the super rich. It helps everybody and it good for the whole country.
And set the country up for much higher debt, which doesn't help in the long run. It's more boomer-focused than anything. The trickle-down stuff doesn't work very well for the average person.

Obamas wasn’t.
Obama's what?

Biden's spending was more on infrastructure from what I recall. Still screwed it up by bailing out towns and cities who made their own debt mistakes with bad planning, overspending on subsidising urban sprawl with highways and utility networks and not budgeting for generational maintenance.

I disagree with this. Business owners create more wealth for themselves by hiring more employees not by having the cash sit in their bank accounts which lose their purchasing power overtime due to inflation.

This is just trickle down economics in more words.

It's not a thing in reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There were a ton of share buybacks as well. Profit-taking. Concentration of wealth advanced pretty much unimpeded. Concentration of asset ownership into fewer hands.

The belief that lower corporate taxes is synonymous with higher employment and fair wages is a furphy from what I can see.

Infrastructure investment attracts private investment, for instance.

Trickle down economics, ffs it’s been debunked so many times.

Giving billionaires tax breaks isn’t creating more jobs.

She is the worst of the worst. If there was no such thing as hypocrisy she would have nothing to sell.

View attachment 2049010

Full on conspiracy theorist with a touch of Q Anon thrown in for good measure.
Perpetually angry because she lacks the intelligence to argue anything calmly and rationally.................

Debt is irrelevent. USA have been printing cash for their entire history and they continue to roll along.

Politics is about where it is spent.

So the American choice is a better America (which to be fair neither party is really offering but the Democrats are marginally better) or Trumps resorts.

And of course liberty is at stake - but MAGA are not smart enough to see that.

I don’t disagree hence the confusion why people are trying to use trumps debt as some kind of negative

The Democrats are no better!

Businesses become profitable from the gap between revenue and expenses (which include wages)

In the accounting field which I am in an employee is expected to make 3 times their annual salary for the year. So you can see squeezing money out of employees is not the most profitable way of making money, adding more employees is. But of course business owners are tightasses and do sometimes take advantage of their employees unjustly.

That's if you're in 'sales'. If you're support staff that logic does not hold at all. Not everyone is in a revenue generating role. Of course the other perspective is that next year you will be told to make 4x your annual salary for the year, and if you can't you'll lose your job.

So, how many days until a tit-for-tat attempt against Biden? This is the good ol' US after all, where opportunity beckons to all... ☹

squeezing money out of employees is not the most profitable way of making money, adding more employees is. But of course business owners are tightasses and do sometimes take advantage of their employees unjustly.
Systematising, automating, reducing employee costs. It's the way the biggest owners of capital grow. Innovating new ways to get higher spend per customer is easier than winning new customers if you're at the top.

That's if you're in 'sales'. If you're support staff that logic does not hold at all. Not everyone is in a revenue generating role. Of course the other perspective is that next year you will be told to make 4x your annual salary for the year, and if you can't you'll lose your job.

Yes for sure I was just speaking generally. Accounting especially where my boss still turns off the heater before he leaves in his Mercedes AMG to save money is notorious for screwing over staff so I get it. But on the whole more money for business owners are better for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back