Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you talking about the "bloodbath" line? I'm not devolving into a discussion based on flawed disingenuous logic. The term "bloodbath" was clearly used in the context of a signifcsnt downturn in the stockmarket. Like one would say Adelaide v St Kilda the other day was a bloodbath. Any person who ATTEMPTS to say otherwise is disingenuous and is merely projecting the violent rhetoric that they engage in "Trump is Hitler etc" on to the other side.

I don't engage in gutter logic.
Happily follow a gutter candidate though

Arseclown but better for the world that he goes from natural causes. Said it before - his base has been chosen because they are so easy to manipulate.

Agree on both points you make.
But in the US, I suspect there are those who would regard death by bullet/s as bordering on 'natural causes'... ☹

Arseclown but better for the world that he goes from natural causes. Said it before - his base has been chosen because they are so easy to manipulate.

All humans are easily to manipulate, that's how we have religion.

People love to follow something bigger than themselves, it gives them purpose and comfort.

Agree on both points you make.
But in the US, I suspect there are those who would regard death by bullet/s as bordering on 'natural causes'... ☹
It would had been comical to see more outrage from the republican for Trump’s death yesterday if it was successful than what they provided towards the kids deaths at the Texas uvalde shooting

No sure arguing a fact means your invested.

I am not American, i dont vote in their election.

I truthfully and factually pointed out that Trump is no worse at a managing debt than Obama before him, and Biden after him.
Debt is irrelevent. USA have been printing cash for their entire history and they continue to roll along.

Politics is about where it is spent.

So the American choice is a better America (which to be fair neither party is really offering but the Democrats are marginally better) or Trumps resorts.

And of course liberty is at stake - but MAGA are not smart enough to see that.

Really, most were just poking fun. It’s only when he could see he would lose second term he got scary
Or the strange actions when the covid crisis hit. Boring administrator would have been good then
Specifically talking about bigfooty

Yep things took a way darker turn in 2020 when he begun claiming mail in ballots were rigged, and the election would be rigged and he didn’t commit to accepting a loss.

Many people didn’t take it seriously at the time, but 2 months of trying to come up with schemes to overturn swing states, fake elector plots, “find 11000” votes, and culminating with January 6 events, we got into completely uncharted territory.

Very naive to think this wouldn’t happen again and they’d be better prepared this time. Wannabe dictators/authoritarians don’t have a great history of just giving up when their first attempts fail.

Though seems many here deny any of the above even happened.

This was more about debt but of course, more broadly yeah you look at all that. You look at how it impacted the people who the economy is supposed to serve - the citizens, now and into the future.

I don't know that they were high at all or that regulations were out of proportion with their goals.

Which are you thinking of?

In the US?

I believe he lowered the company tax rate by a few percentage points something like 27.5% to 25%. Which can be millions of dollars for big corporations that were then used to create more jobs. That is enough to make a company move countries. He also lowered individual taxes across the board. But I get why some people would not like to as the rich also benefited.

Australia is lowering income tax rates this FY and has been doing so for couple of years now. I bet everybody here likes that don’t they?

He also got rid of so many red tape regulations using his presidential decree powers or whatever they are called. Can’t remember off the top of my head but most of them were done behind the scenes.

My dad has his own architecture firm. It’s actually disgusting how many unnecessary costly/time consuming regulations there are. Councils are makes jobs for themselves to give themselves a purpose.

millions of dollars for big corporations that were then used to create more jobs
There were a ton of share buybacks as well. Profit-taking. Concentration of wealth advanced pretty much unimpeded. Concentration of asset ownership into fewer hands.

The belief that lower corporate taxes is synonymous with higher employment and fair wages is a furphy from what I can see.

Infrastructure investment attracts private investment, for instance.

There were a ton of share buybacks as well. Profit-taking. Concentration of wealth advanced pretty much unimpeded. Concentration of asset ownership into fewer hands.

The belief that lower corporate taxes is synonymous with higher employment and fair wages is a furphy from what I can see.

Infrastructure investment attracts private investment, for instance.

I disagree with this. Business owners create more wealth for themselves by hiring more employees not by having the cash sit in their bank accounts which lose their purchasing power overtime due to inflation.

Yes, infrastructure is the best for creating jobs however can lead to unhealthy levels of inflation. Most people don’t realise if the unemployment rate is too low it’s not good for the country. 3-5% is good. 2% and 6% are not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Business owners create more wealth for themselves by hiring more employees not by having the cash sit in their bank accounts which lose their purchasing power overtime due to inflation.
Or by modernising, systematising, automating and laying off employees.

The biggest mobs seem to have been doing a fair bit of that, and looking at AI to continue with it. The quickest boost to a company's share price has been shown to be through layoffs.

It doesn't matter.
If he goes by natural causes the MAGA minions will say he was poisoned by the deep state.
If he slips on a banana skin in plain sight they will say the CIA arranged it.
If he chokes on a Big Mac they will say liberals put a toxic compound in it.
If Melania strangles him after years of accumulated disgust they will say she was a Soros plant all along.

Nah - I don't agree that they were all the same.

Biden and Obama made their own mistakes, but Trump was pretty destabilising and his tax cuts did a number on their budget. I can't recall if Biden wound any back? Others will know, but I don't think he did.
Tax cuts funded by debt has to about the stupidest policy ever.

I disagree with this. Business owners create more wealth for themselves by hiring more employees not by having the cash sit in their bank accounts which lose their purchasing power overtime due to inflation.

Yes, infrastructure is the best for creating jobs however can lead to unhealthy levels of inflation. Most people don’t realise if the unemployment rate is too low it’s not good for the country. 3-5% is good. 2% and 6% are not.

This is incredibly disingenuous. Business owners make more money by squeezing more work onto fewer shoulders and funnelling profits and wages into their own pockets. It's forever been thus.

The manipulation is that it is of any significance. It was not used in anyway to infer violence but the financial damage to the industry. It did the rounds on US media for weeks in reference to his intent for retribution, when it was in no way related. The fact it is connected at all to his 'violent rhetoric' is a blatant manipulation of context.
I suppose you are entitled to your interpretation.

I disagree.

Sound familiar?

Will this open any MAGA eyes?
Or will they look the other way?

Hitler exercised his constitutional right to free speech and freedom of assembly to hold rallies across the country and spew invective in all directions—against Bolsheviks, social democrats, immigrants, Jews, even fellow rightwing nationalists. He chided the ruling elites. If God had intended aristocrats to run the country, Hitler said at one rally in fall 1932, “we’d all have been born with monocles.” He vowed to make Germany great again. He promised a Third Reich bigger and better than the previous two.

Hitler fomented outrage and discontent. He endorsed a public referendum backing the “Liberty Law,” proposed legislation that called for the abrogation of the Treaty of Versailles. The German signatories to the treaty were to be executed for treason, along with any government official who implemented the treaty’s provisions that included onerous reparation payments. It was reported, falsely, that the German government was drafting German teenagers and selling them into slavery abroad to service reparation debts. Hitler sowed lies and hatred, and harvested votes.

When he entered the race for president, in spring 1932—the only time Hitler ran for public office—he lost by six million votes, securing just 36.77% of the electorate. Hitler went to court to have the election results overturned amid claims of voter fraud, but the judge dismissed the case out of hand.

Of course Hitler just gave up after the courts threw his case out and we lived happily ever after.

Or by modernising, systematising, automating and laying off employees.

The biggest mobs seem to have been doing a fair bit of that, and looking at AI to continue with it. The quickest boost to a company's share price has been shown to be through layoffs.

Yes they can do all of the above though. A governments job is assist businesses become profitable especially small ones hence why expenses such as employees salaries, super and purchases/equipment are all tax deductible.

If you are a small business (annual turnover of less than $50m a year) your business tax rate is lowered to 25% instead of the usual 30%.

Trumps taxes actually fall in line with how we are taxed here (which is still considered high worldwide) it’s not an extreme damaging policy for the country that solely benefits the super rich. It helps everybody and it good for the whole country. Obamas wasn’t.

You may disagree but do you have any facts to back up your argument.

Here is an article about the record buybacks that followed Trump’s tax cuts.

And here is Trump criticizing companies for doing exactly that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back