Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big assumption all round there was just one shooter, or that could have been established so quickly

Seriously I don’t think conspiracy, but this whole episode is rife for them to flourish

Lots of assumptions going around …

(1) Assumption that the building the would-be assassin was on was the only one that had a clear line of sight to Trump (answer: it wasn’t, there were many - see a wider pic / map of the area)

(2) Assumption that sticking police or a sniper team on the roof of the building would have stopped the would-be-assassin? (Answer: unlikely, surely he would have simply tried to jump on one of the many other roofs that overlooked the Showgrounds?)

(3) Assumption that sniper teams behind Trump were delayed waiting for clearance to engage? (Answer: Maybe, dunno. But what isn’t being talked about is the tree in the area between the snipers and the would-be-assassin. Those snipers were clearly visible to the world, and there’s a decent chance the would-be-assassin positioned himself behind the tree).

(4) Assumption that the site was prepared to specification. (Answer: Dunno. But looking at the site it appears that if the stands had been positioned slightly differently it could have prevented a clear line of sight. It has been reported that one of the injured people was in the stand between Trump and the would-be-assassin, indicating how close that stand came to blocking view. Was that stand placed correctly?)

(5) Assumption that there were effective communication channels between police and the secret service, and that local police had effective training about how to handle threats (answer: clearly not!)

(5) Assumption that there were effective communication channels between police and the secret service, and that local police had effective training about how to handle threats (answer: clearly not!)
This is about the only one you could say is not an assumption

The locals would have been sent out to the perimeter ( where Crooks was) and told to look for anything suspicious

I would think any communication would go through a single party - so as not to engulf the airwaves - and there was a lag ( this is my assumption)

People underestimate how triggering conservative conspiracy theorists can get out of control really quickly.

Starts with suggesting there are infiltrators in the FBI, but can easily unravel to invading non-existent pizza parlour basements. When unsubstantiated allegations are circled around and become truth, then anything can become truth to these people.

Christ knows what this shooter has been exposed to online.

Probably something crazy like that Trump was on private jets with child abusers flying to their private island and has a history of admittedly walking in on underage girls while they change.

It's not a huge leap from the relatively mainstream GOP belief that the Clintons are as bad or worse than Epstein to throwing Trump in with them.

Sounds unlikely to me, especially given the violent rhetoric against trump that’s been going on for so long.
Oh please - both wings having been on this rhetoric for a while.

Also, why are people so hell bent on looking for political connections to a gunman that more than likely had some screws loose (both to either prove or disprove political connection). Anything right now is pure guessing.

The locals would have been sent out to the perimeter ( where Crooks was) and told to look for anything suspicious

I would think any communication would go through a single party - so as not to engulf the airwaves - and there was a lag ( this is my assumption)
People see conspiracies when the truth is that the local law enforcement responsible for that building are probably borderline illiterate, poorly trained, overly armed simpletons. Think about all the failures of Uvalde over hours, and this failure was just minutes with far fewer people.

That appears to be the case as the Snipers seemed to be trained on the shooter before he started shooting - as they killed him immediately after he started firing they would have had his position and in their sights?
Begs the question though - why wasn't he taken out before he fired or the Rally stopped immediately a threat was identified?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JD Vance is completely self made, comes from dirt poor origins, was raised in a broken family and is now married to a black woman for over 10 years. But according to the left he is an "extremist"?
He basically represents everything America stands for… the land of opportunity

JD Vance is completely self made, comes from dirt poor origins, was raised in a broken family and is now married to a black woman for over 10 years. But according to the left he is an "extremist"?
Are they talking about him or his policies?

If it is the latter, what has his background got to do with it.

That appears to be the case as the Snipers seemed to be trained on the shooter before he started shooting - as they killed him immediately after he started firing they would have had his position and in their sights?
Begs the question though - why wasn't he taken out before he fired or the Rally stopped immediately a threat was identified?

In the video I saw you can see one of the snipers adjust his aim down, so I don't think it's clear they had eyes on him.

That 'zone' appears to have been the jurisdiction of local police, so if the SS snipers had seen him, they might have had a moments hesitation not knowing whether he was connected to the locals.

What a strange post. I know nothing about Vance but those things are not mutually exclusive.

What a strange post. I know nothing about Vance but those things are not mutually exclusive.
Yep - if only history started with 'he was an Austrian born aspiring artist but according to others, he was a 'dictator'"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back