Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 19: Law and Odour

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the paper formally known as 'the costello' has used the headline 'long and energetic speech to faithful' to lead its late arvo coverage ...... i keep hearing it was more of the same rambling mess weve come to expect from the diapered idiot

and this ....

There's enough good books and analyses out there now to fill an medium sized book store. Many of them written by some of the greatest and most highly awarded writers of political history in our times. All seeking to answer the same question:

How is it possible that a twice-impeached former president and convicted felon now be odds on favourite to return to the Oval Office? Why do his supporters not recoil when Trump promises to unleash an authoritarian regime as president and to assume the role of dictator on Day One? What explains his enduring appeal?

It's not just that his opponent this time around is seem as withered and non consequential in contrast - there is a genuine cult of personality that surrounds Trump that borders on the bizarre and is more than a little frightening for those who value the democratic process and its institutions.

It's well recognised that a key to Trump’s appeal, especially among working-class white Americans, is his ability to channel and give voice to base level rage, resentment and grievance. It's a feeling of the need for revenge that Trump readily and consistently harnesses. Earlier this year at a rally in Waco, Texas, Trump told his loyalists:

“I am your warrior. I am your justice. And for those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution!”

In my view, the comparison between Trump's messaging and his follower's unquestioning fanaticism and what happened in the rise to power of Hitler and Mussolini is certainly not out of place.

Last edited:

No tax on tips.

Giving tax cuts to the rich 🥴

Reckon Trump is being ultra-crafty with this no tip tax lark.
PAYG workers will resent handing over what little remains of their taxed income to those no longer subject to the tax regime.
The tip system stalls and withers on the vine and the great man is acclaimed for all time.
Also could mean so many of those shifty, illegal immigrant types will be even more broke and just have to go back from whence they came.
Could it be he really is a stable genius?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most of you on here should be watching MSNBC.
Just finished being critical of Trumps radical policies such as banning men from competing in women’s sports.
So, so triggered the lefties.
Actually its a replay sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back