Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 20: The Decline of Donald

When will Trump be finished?

• Right now. Bloke's a dickhead.

Votes: 33 51.6%
  • We'll let him run, we'll wipe him out after the election. Be way funnier that way!

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • At some point, Trump will wipe out all options except for him. Send him to jail.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Needs to be next president of the ICC.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clean the swamp, Trump2025!

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • It's not enough to just elect him, him ahead of anyone else!

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

ShanDog

Cancelled
Podcaster
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mod Notice
* Thread monitored actively. User who drag it down will be removed

Specifically: reference to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and its counterpart 'Trumpanzee' or anything similar will no longer be allowed.

Personal attacks are also to be kept to a minimum.

As always, please submit ideas for the thread title by tagging Gethelred! Congrats to Nikita Blue for our new thread title!

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

< - Trump 19 is back there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow

So the chinese company trump and vance dont like paid a million dollars to the company that Trumps campaign manager used to be involved in

And musk talking to putin and trump wants musk in cabinet

Last edited:

It is impossible to overestimate how religion (well, Christianity mainly) permeates American life. It is SO different to here.

A lot of Americans have been immersed since birth in the conventions and tropes of US-style religiosity, and it is a mere hop, skip and a Trump for them to transfer it to a political figure.
I thanks God/Allah/Great Spirit/Cosmic Turtle that I was born to Scandinavian Lutherans in Upper Minnesota. Dad was more interested in the church softball team, Mom more of a church goer, but never, ever pushed. I did confirmation, but my pastors were really cool. One even had subversive books on his shelf like The Late Great Planet Earth and others. A worldly outlook, education, and travel killed any potential participation in organized religion for me.
And you're right about how much religion permeates US culture. Since I was very young, in the 1960s, I've been reading about the Puritan influences on it. It is true. It was a shock to a teen me in the 70s when I realized graphic violence was ok on TV, but no nipples or buttocks. Even a mother nursing was verboten. :confusedv1:
It is messed up.

I thanks God/Allah/Great Spirit/Cosmic Turtle that I was born to Scandinavian Lutherans in Upper Minnesota. Dad was more interested in the church softball team, Mom more of a church goer, but never, ever pushed. I did confirmation, but my pastors were really cool. One even had subversive books on his shelf like The Late Great Planet Earth and others. A worldly outlook, education, and travel killed any potential participation in organized religion for me.
And you're right about how much religion permeates US culture. Since I was very young, in the 1960s, I've been reading about the Puritan influences on it. It is true. It was a shock to a teen me in the 70s when I realized graphic violence was ok on TV, but no nipples or buttocks. Even a mother nursing was verboten. :confusedv1:
It is messed up.
I decided to support the Minnesota Twins based on Dylan being born in Duluth, and then I discovered they used to play at Hubert Humphrey Stadium who, Vietnam aside always struck me as decent and it sealed the deal.

It is messed up.
There are many Yanks like you.

Unfortunately, many others who have been utterly programmed from birth.

Their religious observations are big on fervour and zeal, and and it's very easy to transfer them across to a demagogue.

I've never seen America the same way since I read Kurt Andersen's "Fantasyland".

It is messed up.
Count the inter-race couples on US TV of the pre-Netflix era. It's still a strong influence over there on network television. They lose a lot of viewers by putting same-sex or inter-racial couples on TV shows in the red states.

I decided to support the Minnesota Twins based on Dylan being born in Duluth, and then I discovered they used to play at Hubert Humphrey Stadium who, Vietnam aside always struck me as decent and it sealed the deal.
Was a Killebrew and Carew fan back in the day, had a Twins cap at 5 :) My parents were born and raised in Duluth. I was the first born outside MN. The only political thing I can remember either of them ever saying was my mom when he conceded after getting smashed by Johnson. "That man has character." That was it.
Moving out west from Ohio changed everything. Mountains, oceans etc. After quite a few years, my dad had a choice of same pay, lesser job in Seattle area, or [shudder] Omaha Nebraska with a raise, he took Seattle. Thank effing christ. God knows what problems I'd of run (would have been 10th grade) into being there after the PNW. :laughv1:

There are many Yanks like you.

Unfortunately, many others who have been utterly programmed from birth.

Their religious observations are big on fervour and zeal, and and it's very easy to transfer them across to a demagogue.

I've never seen America the same way since I read Kurt Andersen's "Fantasyland".
Actually, ok I don't know the South much, I think many do the church by rote. It's just expected to go to church on Sunday, that's the community standards. Mainly social, rather than spiritual, especially in the suburbs.
But when you look at how many join mega-churches, give money to televangelists, or follow those lunatic hate-merchants pastors, then it's hard to disagree with you.

Count the inter-race couples on US TV of the pre-Netflix era. It's still a strong influence over there on network television. They lose a lot of viewers by putting same-sex or inter-racial couples on TV shows in the red states.
It's one thing I do notice when I watch actual current US TV, and movies. There are so many lgbt characters now, not to mention the mixed races you posted about. It must be frightening for those who have fossilized phobias or hatred against them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one thing I do notice when I watch actual current US TV, and movies. There are so many lgbt characters now, not to mention the mixed races you posted about. It must be frightening for those who have fossilized phobias or hatred against them.
Unfortunately my mate has decided its all woke and he wont watch a show if it includes characters who display too much LQBT traits

I figure its his loss and I do worry about his mindset - someone mentioned army vets tend to lean conservative

I wonder what they thought they were fighting for

Unfortunately my mate has decided its all woke and he wont watch a show if it includes characters who display too much LQBT traits

I figure its his loss and I do worry about his mindset - someone mentioned army vets tend to lean conservative

You do know that RuPaul's Drag Race is the #2 non-sports program in the 18-49 demographic in the US don't you?

or that maybe that buddy next to him in the foxhole, who saved his ass, was in the closet and in pain about it his whole life.

View attachment 2151985

Skullduggery. Is that a misdemeanour or a felony? First he wanted to drain the swamp, which he never did. Now it’s just everyone he hates will get a prison sentence. He’s in for a rude shock on November 5
If as they say they are looking very closely then widespread cheating cant go on

What are the chances DonOld has a whinge about being compared to Hitler while addressing a rally at Madison Square Garden?

View attachment 2151634

Fat, blue uniform, lots of medals, wings, gives a strong Goering vibe. Unfair to Goering comparing him to Trump, Goering earned those medals, no bone spurs for him.

Not even a him allegedly groping a woman in front of Epstein takes away support. Disgusting that even sexual assault is ignored largely by media and MAGA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 20: The Decline of Donald

Back