Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's mistaken what's in the best interests of Donald Trump for being what's in the best intersts of America.
I heard the comment the other day that Trump thinks that because he won the election that means he owns America like it was one of his companies, and therefore it is there to be exploited for purely personal interest. I've seen nothing to indicate that this isn't the case.

There are many more reasons to believe that the Senate Committee's report is true than the bullshit that comes out of you two.

Today Russia steps in to Syria to take control of the vacuum Trump is leaving behind: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...-safe-zone-joint-patrols-191022171933484.html

Would this have happened if Clinton was President? Hard to imagine it.

Are you guys sure it was Clinton and not Trump they wanted in the White House?

Maybe Clinton wasn't as bought and sold as you thought? Maybe they had reason to believe that through incompetency or pliability they would get better outcomes from a Trump presidency? Maybe Trump isn't so unpredictable after all?

Because Russian (Or USA) involvements in the middle east have really worked extremely well for them right?

Because Russian (Or USA) involvements in the middle east have really worked extremely well for them right?

Whether it is good policy for the US to leave or the Russians to enter is an entirely separate topic of discussion. I'm not a fan of foreign intervention and think that it almost invariably causes more problems than it solves. The middle east is largely the mess it is in now as a result of imperialism.

The point is that it is clear that right now the Russians are getting what they want. All the while the conspiracy theorists are telling us that the Russians didn't really want Trump in the Presidency, they preferred Clinton, who would almost certainly not have been withdrawing US troops and abandoning the Kurds to the Turks and Russians. It is nonsense.

You don’t have to be a competent criminal to engage in criminal activity. Judges have been known to advise a defendant to find another line of business.

Kids literally get held back from 4th grade for better critical reasoning skills than Trump and his supporters display.

I heard the comment the other day that Trump thinks that because he won the election that means he owns America like it was one of his companies, and therefore it is there to be exploited for purely personal interest. I've seen nothing to indicate that this isn't the case.
Coz you most likely watch cnn or drunk.

I think I read it somewhere all the same, but either that's the origin or it's just a blindingly obvious, common take

The Fire and Fury book had basically the same observation from Bannon.

Bannon having to explain that being President didn't mean an "All Hail Zog!" type scenario.

Whether it is good policy for the US to leave or the Russians to enter is an entirely separate topic of discussion. I'm not a fan of foreign intervention and think that it almost invariably causes more problems than it solves. The middle east is largely the mess it is in now as a result of imperialism.

The point is that it is clear that right now the Russians are getting what they want. All the while the conspiracy theorists are telling us that the Russians didn't really want Trump in the Presidency, they preferred Clinton, who would almost certainly not have been withdrawing US troops and abandoning the Kurds to the Turks and Russians. It is nonsense.

I disagree, the fact of whether it is good policy is the most relevant point of discussion.

Putin is getting what he wants (control of northern Syria) = Mastermind Russia outsmarting the US.
Trump is getting what he wants (pulling out) = Disaster foreign policy catastrophe.

That's the mentality you are taking, it's fine to disagree with the decision I mostly disagree with it as well but not even trying to understand where it comes from is wrong.

You don’t have to be a competent criminal to engage in criminal activity. Judges have been known to advise a defendant to find another line of business.

Kids literally get held back from 4th grade for better critical reasoning skills than Trump and his supporters display.

I think the competency part was proven when he wiped the floor with "The most qualified candidate in history" whose turn it was no less.

There are many more reasons to believe that the Senate Committee's report is true than the bullshit that comes out of you two.

Today Russia steps in to Syria to take control of the vacuum Trump is leaving behind: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019...-safe-zone-joint-patrols-191022171933484.html

Would this have happened if Clinton was President? Hard to imagine it.

Are you guys sure it was Clinton and not Trump they wanted in the White House?

Maybe Clinton wasn't as bought and sold as you thought? Maybe they had reason to believe that through incompetency or pliability they would get better outcomes from a Trump presidency? Maybe Trump isn't so unpredictable after all?
Maybe ask the 8 million refugees from Syria about the Obama era. There is some 6 million of them in Turkey - catch a plane have a chat with them about US military assistance.

Maybe stop repeating CNN talking points too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree, the fact of whether it is good policy is the most relevant point of discussion.

Putin is getting what he wants (control of northern Syria) = Mastermind Russia outsmarting the US.
Trump is getting what he wants (pulling out) = Disaster foreign policy catastrophe.

That's the mentality you are taking, it's fine to disagree with the decision I mostly disagree with it as well but not even trying to understand where it comes from is wrong.

That isn't the mentality I'm taking at all and I see no reason why you would read that in to what I wrote. I'm simply pointing out that right now US policy is giving the Russian's what they want in a way that would not be conceivable had Clinton beaten Trump at a time when some would have you believe that the Russians would rather Clinton as President than Trump.

Maybe ask the 8 million refugees from Syria about the Obama era. There is some 6 million of them in Turkey - catch a plane have a chat with them about US military assistance.

I'm sure the Syrians are pissed off about American involvement in their country and rightly so.

I'm not saying the Americans should be there. I am saying that under Clinton they would still be there and under Trump they are leaving. Which one of those is better for Russia?

That isn't the mentality I'm taking at all and I see no reason why you would read that in to what I wrote. I'm simply pointing out that right now US policy is giving the Russian's what they want in a way that would not be conceivable had Clinton beaten Trump at a time when some would have you believe that the Russians would rather Clinton as President than Trump.

Considering Hillary's track record on "Russia reset" and "Uranium one" I think it is very conceivable to see Clinton giving the Russians anything they want.

I think the competency part was proven when he wiped the floor with "The most qualified candidate in history" whose turn it was no less.
I wouldn’t be hanging my hat on winning a contest that had a 49.5/50.5 outcome likelihood.

A pleasing outcome given the work put in, but all it does is give you a chance to govern and introduce policies that make the people’s lives better. How is that going??? You saw his Cabinet meeting.

Oh that’s right, he announced a new policy today. “The White House said Tuesday it will not be renewing subscriptions to The New York Times and The Washington Post, two papers the president frequently attacks as “fake” and which he suggested canceling the previous night in a TV appearance.”

No doubt about it, the man is a policy wonk!!

Considering Hillary's track record on "Russia reset" and "Uranium one" I think it is very conceivable to see Clinton giving the Russians anything they want.
You really think Clinton would be pulling the US out of the middle east like Trump is right now? Clinton the warmongerer, that's who we are talking about? The messaging has been loud and clear from Clinton opponents and Trump supporters for some time - Trump was going to get the US out of the wars that Clinton was happy to keep the entangled in indefinitely. And now you are telling me it is conceivable that Clinton would have acted in the same way as Trump just did, creating a vacuum that the Russians were stepping in to fill after just a few days? At least be consistent...

Last edited:

I don't need to catch a plan to Turkey to speak to them. I know that they are homeless because they are afraid of returning home to Syria while Syria is under the control of President al-Assad. And having Russian troops in Syria doesn't make things better for the refugees, it makes things worse.

It's no secret that Russia wanted access to a port in the Mediterranean so that they weren't bottlenecked through the Bospherus Straits and more importantly somewhere where they could replenish their submarine fleet.
He's got that now with the US pulling it's forces out of the area. This would be a major headache to the US and NATO forces in the European Theatre.

Since Hillary is being discussed on this page, I wonder how the conspiracy theorists are coping given that the investigation into her emails is over and as usual - NOTHING TO SEE. So still a nothing burger. No more 'Lock her up' by the serial 'Liar in Chief' aka #fakepresident.

Worthwhile posting the following for certain posters on here.

2018-12-10_231836.jpg

If he was in this for the money maybe he'd be taking a wage and not letting his business decline. But oh wait.. he isn't.

"Letting his business decline", lol

How many people had never even heard of Mar-a-Lago 3 years ago, you reckon? The saudis also say hello and cheers for the hotel rooms.

I'm sure the Syrians are pissed off about American involvement in their country and rightly so.

I'm not saying the Americans should be there. I am saying that under Clinton they would still be there and under Trump they are leaving. Which one of those is better for Russia?
Russia was invited by Assad to help at the height of the refugee crisis when the Syria was splintering into 6 different territories and ISIS was in full control of large swathes of land and oil.
The Russians can be proud of their contribution to stabilizing the country.
No other power has had any legimate right to be involved except Turkey who is now home to 6 million Syrian refugees.

The USA’s involvement with Saudis and Israel in Syria has been abominable, incompetent and a humanitarian crime.

This plays to Russia’s advantage only by showing the USA it can’t do as it pleases and might deter the USA from further criminal idiocy at least in Russia’s sphere of influence.

Right now it is Russia who is playing the role of the global policeman and the USA is the evil empire.

You can thank both Bush and Obama for this quite astonishing fall from grace. Given the hand Trump was dealt, his doing as well as you could possibly expect by not involving the US in any new nonsense, extricating it where he can whilst continuing the saber rattling bluster to keep both the Israeli lobby and the war mongers in Washington somewhat placated.

Since Hillary is being discussed on this page, I wonder how the conspiracy theorists are coping given that the investigation into her emails is over and as usual - NOTHING TO SEE. So still a nothing burger. No more 'Lock her up' by the serial 'Liar in Chief' aka #fakepresident.

Worthwhile posting the following for certain posters on here.

View attachment 769185
It was ignored when I posted a fewdays ago
Cest lavie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back