Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 9 - The Shi'ites Hit The Fan (Cont. in Part 10, see OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia was invited by Assad to help at the height of the refugee crisis when the Syria was splintering into 6 different territories and ISIS was in full control of large swathes of land and oil.
The Russians can be proud of their contribution to stabilizing the country.
No other power has had any legimate right to be involved except Turkey who is now home to 6 million Syrian refugees.

The USA’s involvement with Saudis and Israel in Syria has been abominable, incompetent and a humanitarian crime.

This plays to Russia’s advantage only by showing the USA it can’t do as it pleases and might deter the USA from further criminal idiocy at least in Russia’s sphere of influence.

Right now it is Russia who is playing the role of the global policeman and the USA is the evil empire.

You can thank both Bush and Obama for this quite astonishing fall from grace. Given the hand Trump was dealt, his doing as well as you could possibly expect by not involving the US in any new nonsense, extricating it where he can whilst continuing the saber rattling bluster to keep both the Israeli lobby and the war mongers in Washington somewhat placated.
Yes, hats off to Vladimir Putin.
He knows a fool when he sees one.

You really think Clinton would be pulling the US out of the middle east like Trump is right now? Clinton the warmongerer, that's who we are talking about? The messaging has been loud and clear from Clinton opponents and Trump supporters for some time - Trump was going to get the US out of the wars that Clinton was happy to keep the entangled in indefinitely. And now you are telling me it is conceivable that Clinton would have acted in the same way as Trump just did, creating a vacuum that the Russians were stepping in to fill after just a few days? At least be consistent...
Trump has double downed in Yemen.
Pulling 1k troops out (and betraying vital allies in the process) is nothing like pulling out of the ME, especially considering the increased arms supply to the Sauds and sabre-rattling in the Gulf.

You really think Clinton would be pulling the US out of the middle east like Trump is right now? Clinton the warmongerer, that's who we are talking about? The messaging has been loud and clear from Clinton opponents and Trump supporters for some time - Trump was going to get the US out of the wars that Clinton was happy to keep the entangled in indefinitely. And now you are telling me it is conceivable that Clinton would have acted in the same way as Trump just did, creating a vacuum that the Russians were stepping in to fill after just a few days? At least be consistent...

I am consistent lmao. You are trying to shift the goal posts though, your implication was that Russia supported Trump over Hillary (did they?) for this reason as though Putin has oracles who can forsee troop withdrawls 4 years in advance in an evolving situation. So your what if is no more than an attack on Trump-Russia angle.

Trump is doing what he said he would this is surprising to many as we've never seen a politician keep promises. Clinton would give whatever the people who pay her want her to lucky for Russia they have plenty of dark money to give.

Meanwhile the so called Kurd massacre by Turkey is not eventuating. Bluff called. Another Trump masterstroke and now the hilarious spectacle of hopelessly conflicted leftists whining about the US is pulling troops OUT of the middle east.

Trump wins again.

Meanwhile the so called Kurd massacre by Turkey is not eventuating. Bluff called. Another Trump masterstroke and now the hilarious spectacle of hopelessly conflicted leftists whining about the US is pulling troops OUT of the middle east.

Trump wins again.
The great man did promise to call Erdogan in the letter he sent.

One can only imagine the call went something along the lines of "Do as you're told and we won't have a problem."

What these mental midget lefties fail to realise is, Trump stared down Gotti's crew and got considerable discounts on concrete and rubbish removal back in the 80's. The level of negotiation skill and nuance that required was off the charts rocket psychologist levels.

Piss ants like the Turks are no match.

You get 1 reminder letter, and a courtesy call. After that you get nothing.

Trump wins again.
Too early to call the Kurdish massacre as not eventuating.
They've now lost their territory that they liberated from ISIS and now have enemies on all sides.

Too early to call the Kurdish massacre as not eventuating.
They've now lost their territory that they liberated from ISIS and now have enemies on all sides.
There's also the reputational loss for America who are widely viewed as selling out a key ally in the region.

There's also the reputational loss for America who are widely viewed as selling out a key ally in the region.
The thing is that the troops haven't returned home as apparently they are now in Iraq? WTF! So much for his promises, but we knew that so not surprised.

He is oh so predicatable but I think a lot more Americans are beginning to wise up lately. Only 15 months to go if he makes it.

One can only imagine the call went something along the lines of "Do as you're told and we won't have a problem."

What these mental midget lefties fail to realise is, Trump stared down Gotti's crew and got considerable discounts on concrete and rubbish removal back in the 80's. The level of negotiation skill and nuance that required was off the charts rocket psychologist levels.

You're making the same mistake as Trump and assuming that international diplomacy is like sealing a business deal. Erdogan, Xi, Putin, they've fought tooth and nail for years to get where they are and understand politics and diplomacy, Trump the politician is a little over three years old and is very much still learning as he goes and a President with L plates on, which before you even regard his narcissism and fragile ego, in this day and age is not good for his country.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

funny shit.png

All the anti-war heroes have all changed their tune since Hillary rose to prominence. 😂

I'm not anti war (I was in favour of the 2nd gulf war at the time for example), but your point isn't a black or white one

I'm on record here as saying I didn't want to get involved in Syria because I said I couldn't see how long term it would be a positive. That said, once you're in you have a duty and responsibility, and should leave when those left behind are able to takeover the task themselves

The first gulf war was a failure because after bush encouraged opposition to Saddam to rise up (Inc the Kurds), they did jack shit to defend them when the Iraqis started slaughtering them.

I don't see the point of starting something, and setting up those you leave behind to fail

All the anti-war heroes have all changed their tune since Hillary rose to prominence. 😂
The presence of a mere 1000 troops was preventing violence. Turkey killed dozens many as soon as the troops left.

~5m are facing starvation in Yemen with Trump giving that his tacit approval.

Russia was invited by Assad to help at the height of the refugee crisis when the Syria was splintering into 6 different territories and ISIS was in full control of large swathes of land and oil.
The Russians can be proud of their contribution to stabilizing the country.
No other power has had any legimate right to be involved except Turkey who is now home to 6 million Syrian refugees.

The USA’s involvement with Saudis and Israel in Syria has been abominable, incompetent and a humanitarian crime.

This plays to Russia’s advantage only by showing the USA it can’t do as it pleases and might deter the USA from further criminal idiocy at least in Russia’s sphere of influence.

Right now it is Russia who is playing the role of the global policeman and the USA is the evil empire.

You can thank both Bush and Obama for this quite astonishing fall from grace. Given the hand Trump was dealt, his doing as well as you could possibly expect by not involving the US in any new nonsense, extricating it where he can whilst continuing the saber rattling bluster to keep both the Israeli lobby and the war mongers in Washington somewhat placated.
So someone that has never read a book, no foreign relations experience, won’t read briefs or listen to advice - his gut feel is the best way to go??

I might listen to the Defence Chiefs.

[Oh well, the Village Idiots have switched the focus away from Trump blackmailing Ukraine. Doesn’t make me overly bright either.]

Last edited:
I'm not anti war (I was in favour of the 2nd gulf war at the time for example), but your point isn't a black or white one

I'm on record here as saying I didn't want to get involved in Syria because I said I couldn't see how long term it would be a positive. That said, once you're in you have a duty and responsibility, and should leave when those left behind are able to takeover the task themselves

The first gulf war was a failure because after bush encouraged opposition to Saddam to rise up (Inc the Kurds), they did jack shit to defend them when the Iraqis started slaughtering them.

I don't see the point of starting something, and setting up those you leave behind to fail
Just on the First Gulf War. Remember that under the UN Mandate that they were operating there was no opportunity for their forces to invade Iraq. It was only to liberate Kuwait. They would have needed permission from the UN to go in and support the Kurds but the Russians and Chinese would never have supported such a move in the UN anyway.

Yes, but there are some posting here that hate America, and don't see that as a negative. Their support for Russia and its allies is disturbing to someone who's lived through the Cold War and can't support Putin's policies.

Just on the First Gulf War. Remember that under the UN Mandate that they were operating there was no opportunity for their forces to invade Iraq. It was only to liberate Kuwait. They would have needed permission from the UN to go in and support the Kurds but the Russians and Chinese would never have supported such a move in the UN anyway.

then dont encourage the kurds, shiites, and so on to rise up and otherthrow

In hindsight I agree with you.
However, the opposition parties within Iraq had one shot and one shot only to overthrow Saddam.
Unfortunately it didn't happen.

they never had a shot given saddam still controlled the baath party and the military

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back