Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah its a tough one. Feel like Cooper or Drury might have more impact on the game and get involved more.
Bobby showed some glimpses and maybe the age has to be taken into account but he's not lightning quick.
What's his elite attribute? Needs to bring more intensity, he's playing at VFL tempo which happens

I could see two of RHJ/Cooper/Drury gone if they want River Stevens and another small forward in this draft.
The problem is there's a bunch of small forwards in the draft that just look better to the eye, whether it's likely 1st rounders like Kako or Berry or 2nd/3rd round options like Day-Wicks, Alger, Dattoli, Champion, Bradley, Depaoli-Kubank.
How many we want to take in the draft and what happens with the extra rookies spots from the AFL might be the decisive thing on how many out of RHJ/Drury/Cooper stay on the list.
Jasper Alger has had goal sense for years, cant teach that. Sick of reading the local rag seeing how every week he kicks bags.

One player to keep an eye on is captain Jasper Alger, who up until this point has had an outstanding finals series. Alger has booted 11 goals in the Gulls' three finals matches and has very much been their spark up forward.

Last edited:
Yeah its a tough one. Feel like Cooper or Drury might have more impact on the game and get involved more.
Bobby showed some glimpses and maybe the age has to be taken into account but he's not lightning quick.
What's his elite attribute? Needs to bring more intensity, he's playing at VFL tempo which happens

I could see two of RHJ/Cooper/Drury gone if they want River Stevens and another small forward in this draft.
The problem is there's a bunch of small forwards in the draft that just look better to the eye, whether it's likely 1st rounders like Kako or Berry or 2nd/3rd round options like Day-Wicks, Alger, Dattoli, Champion, Bradley, Depaoli-Kubank.
How many we want to take in the draft and what happens with the extra rookies spots from the AFL might be the decisive thing on how many out of RHJ/Drury/Cooper stay on the list.
Can't disagree with any of that. I imagine/hope small forwards will be a major priority over the off season.
Think we'll take River Stevens either as a rookie or very late pick. But will hopefully take another earlier on.
Unfortunately with the changes to NGA rules Kako and Champion won't be available. But there's still enough options around that we'll surely take one.
Think one of those 3 will get another chance, but very tight at the moment. Drury has probably been the most impactful at VFL level, but also probably has the least physical attributes. Cooper needs a couple of big games before the end of the year, to have a shot of getting another deal.

Can't disagree with any of that. I imagine/hope small forwards will be a major priority over the off season.
Think we'll take River Stevens either as a rookie or very late pick. But will hopefully take another earlier on.
Unfortunately with the changes to NGA rules Kako and Champion won't be available. But there's still enough options around that we'll surely take one.
Think one of those 3 will get another chance, but very tight at the moment. Drury has probably been the most impactful at VFL level, but also probably has the least physical attributes. Cooper needs a couple of big games before the end of the year, to have a shot of getting another deal.
Yeah I just listed them because the NGA changes haven't officially been announced. We'll see what happens.

just take jasper

In list management decisions, there are “easy calls” and “hard calls” …

This is definitely an “easy call” !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unimpressive so far but happy to give him more time. Play him - he will determine his own future.

Was frightened of taking contact a few times. Doesn’t have the pace of spicer. Of the 2 I rate Phoenix higher
Gave up a chase on the wibg. Was pretty disgraceful in view of his role and fresh legs. Alreadu had a line through but that confirmed. Avoided contact. We were ine down. Cant persist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #46: Robert Hansen Jnr - Extends to End 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back